NinoniAndBoosBoos

K1 Visa current Canadian content

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hiya,,

Can someone take a look at our time line i.e. dates and see if this is normal? the time between our NOA1(reciept) and our Request for Evidence seems abnormally long, I was wondering why we would not have been notificed at the NOA1 stage that we were missing details, to receive the RFE so long after our NOA1 seems strange...any other's expereince this? CSA did receive our RFE on January 25 and our status on USCIS indicates: Request for Evidence Response Review, which I have been told by a few members that this is very good, we should receive some news soon....C'est vrai?

Now I have looked everywhere on this site for advice on this, and I do get re-directed to the Canuck thread, however everything it the forum is not current, posts from 2006 am I missing something?

And would love to hear back from those who have had Montreal Consulate interviews recently? Anyone out there??? to give me hope???:innocent:

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hiya,,

Can someone take a look at our time line i.e. dates and see if this is normal? the time between our NOA1(reciept) and our Request for Evidence seems abnormally long, I was wondering why we would not have been notificed at the NOA1 stage that we were missing details, to receive the RFE so long after our NOA1 seems strange...any other's expereince this? CSA did receive our RFE on January 25 and our status on USCIS indicates: Request for Evidence Response Review, which I have been told by a few members that this is very good, we should receive some news soon....C'est vrai?

Now I have looked everywhere on this site for advice on this, and I do get re-directed to the Canuck thread, however everything it the forum is not current, posts from 2006 am I missing something?

And would love to hear back from those who have had Montreal Consulate interviews recently? Anyone out there??? to give me hope???:innocent:

Your NOA1 is only a receipt to let you know they have received it not processing it. That follows on after. Yes RFE's can happen anytime there is no standard time schedule that they will send you one once they start on your application. We started our129f in the Feb 2010 and did not get an RFE till 11th June sent it back 16th June express and they emailed me 18th and we were approved 22nd June.C'est magnifique

Edited by Barbara J

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

Well, I don't know about RFEs as we didn't get one, but my timeline is in my sig to give you an idea of what we had. I checked the interview booking times yesterday, and the next available one was April 27th. So apparently we really lucked out with ours, so I wouldn't hold that as an expectation.

K-1 Visa Process

Total time between mailing of I-29F and recieving visa: 249 days (8 months, 4 days)

2010-05-27: Mailed I-29F

2010-06-07: NOA1; I-29F Recieved

2010-09-21: NOA2; I-29F Approved

2010-10-02: Recieved Packet 3 in mail

(5 week wait for police background check)

2010-11-26: Mailed Packet 3 through DHL

2010-11-29: Packet 3 recieved by consulate

2010-12-11: Packet 4 sent from consulate

2010-12-26: Packet 4 recieved and interview booked!

2011-01-04: Medical exam in Toronto

2011-01-21: Interview in Montreal; APPROVED!

2011-01-31: Visa recieved

2011-02-04: Fiance coming to Canada for visit before we leave

2011-02-07: US entry date!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

CONSUL REVIEWS for canada, 2011 dates.

Not sure where you are looking but there are tons of reviews that are up to date much more so than 2006.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

thanks INKY once again...what would I do without you...you're so wonderful...so much too learn yet...and navigating forums and posts and and and.....:innocent: you're an angel

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

Timeline

thanks INKY once again...what would I do without you...you're so wonderful...so much too learn yet...and navigating forums and posts and and and.....:innocent: you're an angel

Haha no problem, just have a read through of them, the interview will be fairly easy and quick. Just dress nice and keep your papers organized.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline

Haha no problem, just have a read through of them, the interview will be fairly easy and quick. Just dress nice and keep your papers organized.

so does speaking French help? of what little French I know

event.png

Timeline

Well, I don't know about RFEs as we didn't get one, but my timeline is in my sig to give you an idea of what we had. I checked the interview booking times yesterday, and the next available one was April 27th. So apparently we really lucked out with ours, so I wouldn't hold that as an expectation.

how was the interview?

event.png

Timeline

how was the interview?

Very anti-climatic. Most of it was waiting, and the interview itself was about 5 minutes long. Asked a couple questions about where he lived, what he did for a living, what I was going to do for work when I got there, if I was sure I wanted to move to Arkansas =P. Took my fingerprints, and said as long as I wasn't married (I had given my e-mail with my soon to be last name in it, because my original one is from when I was 12 and embarrassing, but I didn't want to change it just to change it AGAIN after we got married...so she gave me a bit of a side eye for that, lol.) and that I hadn't been deported (I had been turned away, but never deported) then I was in! And that was that.

K-1 Visa Process

Total time between mailing of I-29F and recieving visa: 249 days (8 months, 4 days)

2010-05-27: Mailed I-29F

2010-06-07: NOA1; I-29F Recieved

2010-09-21: NOA2; I-29F Approved

2010-10-02: Recieved Packet 3 in mail

(5 week wait for police background check)

2010-11-26: Mailed Packet 3 through DHL

2010-11-29: Packet 3 recieved by consulate

2010-12-11: Packet 4 sent from consulate

2010-12-26: Packet 4 recieved and interview booked!

2011-01-04: Medical exam in Toronto

2011-01-21: Interview in Montreal; APPROVED!

2011-01-31: Visa recieved

2011-02-04: Fiance coming to Canada for visit before we leave

2011-02-07: US entry date!

Timeline

All of them speak English lol no need to worry about that.

Timeline

Nope - you're at the American consulate ....there's only 1 lnguage in the US (so far)

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Nope - you're at the American consulate ....there's only 1 lnguage in the US (so far)

event.png

Timeline

yes of course....gosh with mind in overdrive these days didn't realize Consulate personnel are American...:blush: opps thanks for that - put some laughter in the whole picture....

Edited by NinoniAndBoosBoos

event.png

Timeline

thanks Anysunrise...this helps alot..did your fiance(e) join you at the interview?

event.png

Timeline

just to answer the question why it took so long to get the RFE . . generally when you file you get your receipt as soon as your application is given a cursory review on arrival - is there a correct amount of payment enclosed, is the application form present and complete and is everything signed. Then it gets forwarded to a holding area where it just sits in a pile somewhere waiting for its turn in line to come up for review. Outside of that basic review on arrival your application doesn't get reviewed for content until after it has finished waiting in line. The good news is that when you get an RFE it means that your application has reached the head of the line and an adjudication officer is actually looking at it. The bad news is that there is an RFE that you now need to address. The good news is that once you get the requested information back, your application is already there waiting for your reply and processing continues right away. Generally you will hear something very shortly after the RFE is returned - and if the RFE is satisfied, it is usually an approval.

Unfortunately, applications spend a heck of a lot of time just waiting in line :( throughout the whole immigration process.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.