I AM NOT THAT GUY

Global Warming No Longer a Concern for the Obama Administration

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Browner Resignation, Obama Omission Could Spell the End of Global Warming Policy, Say Climate Change Analysts

(CNSNews.com) – The abrupt resignation of Carol Browner, President Barack Obama’s global warming czar, and the omission by Obama of global warming from his State of the Union speech on Tuesday could mean that the White House has given up on global warming, according to climate change analysts.

Browner, who announced her resignation Tuesday, led the White House effort to enact global warming legislation and policy. A former director of the Environmental Protection Agency during the Clinton administration, Browner was well regarded in the environmentalist community and served officially as director of the White House Office of Energy and Climate Change Policy.

In his State of the Union address on Tuesday, Obama left out any reference to global warming or the more ambiguously named climate change, seemingly abandoning what had been one of the most prominent policy areas of the past two years.

Browner’s departure was likely a sign of frustration with Obama and the president’s lack of attention to her signature issues.

“She’s probably frustrated with Obama’s lack of commitment on this issue,” Morano said. “I think Carol Browner is frustrated because she realizes Obama is not the man she thought he was when it comes to global warming.”

“Obama is terrified of the issue – it’s never been more than a check-box issue for him – so she was basically reduced to not doing that much of anything and she realized that nothing was going to happen,” he said.

Morano also said that Browner probably read the writing on the wall following the November election that swept a wave of conservative Republicans into Congress, effectively making any new environmental legislation all but impossible.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/browner-resignation-obama-omission-could

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Browner Resignation, Obama Omission Could Spell the End of Global Warming Policy, Say Climate Change Analysts

(CNSNews.com) – The abrupt resignation of Carol Browner, President Barack Obama’s global warming czar, and the omission by Obama of global warming from his State of the Union speech on Tuesday could mean that the White House has given up on global warming, according to climate change analysts.

Browner, who announced her resignation Tuesday, led the White House effort to enact global warming legislation and policy. A former director of the Environmental Protection Agency during the Clinton administration, Browner was well regarded in the environmentalist community and served officially as director of the White House Office of Energy and Climate Change Policy.

In his State of the Union address on Tuesday, Obama left out any reference to global warming or the more ambiguously named climate change, seemingly abandoning what had been one of the most prominent policy areas of the past two years.

Browner’s departure was likely a sign of frustration with Obama and the president’s lack of attention to her signature issues.

“She’s probably frustrated with Obama’s lack of commitment on this issue,” Morano said. “I think Carol Browner is frustrated because she realizes Obama is not the man she thought he was when it comes to global warming.”

“Obama is terrified of the issue – it’s never been more than a check-box issue for him – so she was basically reduced to not doing that much of anything and she realized that nothing was going to happen,” he said.

Morano also said that Browner probably read the writing on the wall following the November election that swept a wave of conservative Republicans into Congress, effectively making any new environmental legislation all but impossible.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/browner-resignation-obama-omission-could

As much as people complain about Obama, he does have his good points. I mean in terms of doing things, or not doing things, for the country. Electing Obama has ended global warming. His incompentency in handling healthcare resulted in the loss of the House of Representatives and effective control of the Senate. Global Warming went out with a whimper on November 2. Before anyone interested in the global warming hoax would ever have control of government funds again, everyone will know it was a hoax. Global Warming is deader than a doornail, thanks to Obama. No one else will actually fund this nonsense, though plenty of pissant countries will whine about it for a while. At least until the scientists find another hoax to foist on us, one that Republicans will pay for. I doubt many of them will seek jobs requiring results.

Obama is going to have to spend the next two years digging his butt out of the hole he got into.

Gitmo will still be open when he gets defeated next year. Just as we needed Jimmy Carter to get to Reagan, we needed Obama to end Global Warming. I guess we have to be reminded why we shouldn't vote for these losers

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

As much as people complain about Obama, he does have his good points. I mean in terms of doing things, or not doing things, for the country. Electing Obama has ended global warming. His incompentency in handling healthcare resulted in the loss of the House of Representatives and effective control of the Senate. Global Warming went out with a whimper on November 2. Before anyone interested in the global warming hoax would ever have control of government funds again, everyone will know it was a hoax. Global Warming is deader than a doornail, thanks to Obama. No one else will actually fund this nonsense, though plenty of pissant countries will whine about it for a while. At least until the scientists find another hoax to foist on us, one that Republicans will pay for. I doubt many of them will seek jobs requiring results.

Obama is going to have to spend the next two years digging his butt out of the hole he got into.

Gitmo will still be open when he gets defeated next year. Just as we needed Jimmy Carter to get to Reagan, we needed Obama to end Global Warming. I guess we have to be reminded why we shouldn't vote for these losers

Short of some huge event, he will be granted another 4 years..... oddly enough the Right will make that possible.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

america's biggest challenge now is to create jobs.

1. global warming policies create regulation that run companies away from american soil.

2. alternative energy products are no where near ready for mass production so no jobs there either.

finally, it is all about jobs now.

whoever replaces browner should be looking for do-nothing job... the phone won't ring.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Timeline

Short of some huge event, he will be granted another 4 years..... oddly enough the Right will make that possible.

Maybe, but one should not forget that George HW Bush would have seemed undefeatable in April of 1991. For a while I was thinking that the Dems wouldn't even nominate anyone for the election in 1992.

If he does get reelected, it will be because of things like this...dropping the liberal BS agenda.

I will be curious to see if he replaces Browner.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

1. global warming policies create regulation that run companies away from american soil.

2. alternative energy products are no where near ready for mass production so no jobs there either.

whoever replaces browner should be looking for do-nothing job... the phone won't ring.

Looking at it from an entirely practical sense, you are correct.

But let's say that GW is just "out on hold" due to the jobs crisis. Everyday more and more evidence piles up that GW is, and always was, a hoax. A ruse to get money. I giant pyramid scheeme to redistribute wealth and power.

It was sold to us as a "crisis", the whole "Train about to run over the little girl" thing. We MUST DO SOMETHING and we MUST DO IT NOW! ANYTHING! NOW! But we didn't. What happened? Nothing. Has the earth warmed more? No. What if we do nothing for the next 3 years? (that is a foregone conclusion, at the least) Or the next 10 years? Or 12 years? A derailment such as the GW crowd experienced in November can easily knock a legislative process of by 12 years. Will it STILL be a crisis in 12 years?

2004 and 2005 were bad years for hurricanes. It happens. It happened in 1935-1937. Louisiana flooded as well then, worse, than 2005. Even AlGore featured this dire prediction in his Nobel Peace Prize winning movie ( :lol: sorry I always laugh when I say that) Did we do anything except have meetings and spend billions on research? No. What happened? Nothing. In the 5 hurricane seasons since, there have not been as many named storms as in 2004 alone. I think it is pretty clear to anyone who doesn't have his head firmly buried in his posterior, that GW had and has nothing to do with hurricanes.

There are 5 times as many polar bears now as there were in 1970. In 12 years there will be more polar bears than there are today. How will they tell us we are "saving polar bears" then?

The GW crowd lost its momentum and it needed momentum to live. They HAD to do something before it was exposed that they were doing nothing.

Now when some people learn that we never had cancer at all, they are relived and happy as they should be. On the other hand, when people who have a stake in "curing cancer" get the news that there IS NO cancer...they are not happy.

You cannot trust someone that is UNhappy to learn there IS NO Global Warming

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Actually, the warming climate is going to cost us billions if we don't try to prepare for the ecological consequences, which is something entirely different than regulations to try and reduce carbon emissions in order to bring down the rapid rate of change to a more adaptable rate. Meanwhile, we have yahoos in this country still in denial that the climate is even changing or they think that it just means we all will just need to wear more sunblock. The changes are going to be catastrophic in many areas and from what I've read, your place of residence, California is one of the areas that will be hit the hardest. To simply sit on our hands and do nothing - preparing for the changes or reducing carbon emissions is stupidity beyond belief.

Timeline

Actually, the warming climate is going to cost us billions if we don't try to prepare for the ecological consequences, which is something entirely different than regulations to try and reduce carbon emissions in order to bring down the rapid rate of change to a more adaptable rate. Meanwhile, we have yahoos in this country still in denial that the climate is even changing or they think that it just means we all will just need to wear more sunblock. The changes are going to be catastrophic in many areas and from what I've read, your place of residence, California is one of the areas that will be hit the hardest. To simply sit on our hands and do nothing - preparing for the changes or reducing carbon emissions is stupidity beyond belief.

I do enjoy though, watching them flop around like gut hooked fish.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I am curious, Steven. Do you consider Obama one of those "yahoos"? Or is it enough to occasionally mention "Global Warming" while doing nothing about it? OR are the "billions" that it will "cost us" really losses to junk scientists whose funding got cut-off?

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

California is one of the areas that will be hit the hardest.

I seriously doubt it. California's problems are fiscal and population driven. In between earthquakes, fires, drought, mudslides, falling trees, wind storms, and floods, we are accustomed to dealing with mother nature on a regular basis.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I seriously doubt it. California's problems are fiscal and population driven. In between earthquakes, fires, drought, mudslides, falling trees, wind storms, and floods, we are accustomed to dealing with mother nature on a regular basis.

The droughts, flooding and fires are getting worse because of extreme weather patterns, which scientists have attributed to the warming of the planet.

California does not have an air or water pollution problem Bill? Geez, I know my eye sight is getting worse, but seriously, the smog is VISIBLE!

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

honestly i don't really trust the predictions - the ones that say things will change so quickly. it seems like pressure sales... car salesperson type stuff... if you leave today, this deal won't be available tomorrow. act now!!!

i'm not saying there won't be a change. i just don't trust that we have as limited time to deal with this as they say we do.

if change does happen as fast as they say it will, then i think the world is in God's hands, because getting people jobs is definitely going to put a shadow on efforts to reduce global warming. career pols are going to focus most on what will keep them in office and this includes your buddy Obama.

Timeline

California does not have an air or water pollution problem Bill? Geez, I know my eye sight is getting worse, but seriously, the smog is VISIBLE!

where you live, this is true (visible). where i live, not true at all. i seriously thought about moving to glendale, but the reason i won't is because it is so much more beautiful in northern CA (can see for miles and miles here). LA has always had a visible pollution problem - LA it is why CA has had for decades far greater emission control requirements on vehicles than anywhere else in the country.