^_^

With Muslim Brotherhood Set to Join Egypt Protests, Religion’s Role May Grow

94 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

They are Islamic like pedophilia is Catholic doctrine.

But the Pope is infallible, so he can make it Catholic doctrine anytime, as much as any Imam can issue a fatwa doing the same thing for his followers. I find it interesting how an all powerful being can be bound by the words of men.

17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

20Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Matthew 16:16-20

Seems to me that there is a serious attempt to suggest that if the muslim religion ceased to exist tomorrow everything would be sweetness and light in the middle east. What an extraordinarily simplistic view of the role of religion within that region.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Seems to me that there is a serious attempt to suggest that if the muslim religion ceased to exist tomorrow everything would be sweetness and light in the middle east. What an extraordinarily simplistic view of the role of religion within that region.

There would be WW III over the oil in the region. As far as what would happen after we won that war I don't know...:whistle:

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Guess all this rioting in Egypt will make it all the more challenging to get to the Embassy on time for the Visa interview....:whistle:

Guess going to those championship Lakers games can be good training during tumultuous times like these, and as if the visa immigration process wasn't tumultuous enough!

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

But the Pope is infallible, so he can make it Catholic doctrine anytime, as much as any Imam can issue a fatwa doing the same thing for his followers. I find it interesting how an all powerful being can be bound by the words of men.

Not any imam can issue a fatwa. You probably don't even know what a fatwa is. Don't you folks get tired of saying stupid things about the workings and tenets of a faith you know nothing about? But, hey, this is the sorry level of discourse to be expected on a message board.

Not any imam can issue a fatwa. You probably don't even know what a fatwa is. Don't you folks get tired of saying stupid things about the workings and tenets of a faith you know nothing about? But, hey, this is the sorry level of discourse to be expected on a message board.

Then, enlighten us, so that we no longer wallow in stupidity.

Timeline

Then, enlighten us, so that we no longer wallow in stupidity.

That doesn't appear to work either :( I apologize for using the word stupid. I was thinking something worse, so that seemed to be a better choice at the time lol. The problem, as I see it, is that the persistently derisive lexicon that arises from the monologue between non-Muslims excludes Muslim voices. It would be much smarter to realize that western non-Muslims with limited understanding of Islam and Muslims will continue to marginalize themselves from the discourse and the solutions when they insist on trying to define and dominate the discourse.

:clock:

I am doing other things, ya know.

No poster is obligated to enlighten you, there are plenty of books out there you can read if you really are interested, if not, continue to be ignorant, your choice.

Edited by Madame Cleo

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

They are Islamic like pedophilia is Catholic doctrine.

If you read my first comment you can see I believe Egyptians are more likely than not going to come out of this without falling for Radical Islam, Faux-Islam if you prefer, or come up with the term good Muslims do use for those a$$holes. However those types both exist, and are present in Egypt. So they are a legitimate concern both to Egyptians themselves and to the West.

And you are absolutely right, pedophelia is not part of Catholic doctrine.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

That doesn't appear to work either :( I apologize for using the word stupid. I was thinking something worse, so that seemed to be a better choice at the time lol. The problem, as I see it, is that the persistently derisive lexicon that arises from the monologue between non-Muslims excludes Muslim voices. It would be much smarter to realize that western non-Muslims with limited understanding of Islam and Muslims will continue to marginalize themselves from the discourse and the solutions when they insist on trying to define and dominate the discourse.

I am doing other things, ya know.

I learned about Muftis today, waiting for your reply. You missed a chance to educate.

No poster is obligated to enlighten you, there are plenty of books out there you can read if you really are interested, if not, continue to be ignorant, your choice.

Reported!

Timeline

Saying that any imam can issue a fatwa that becomes Islamic doctrine is the statement I took to task. Perhaps the Pope, as the head of the Catholic Church can do that, but, for certain, no single imam can do change the tenets of Islam with a fatwa.

Few imams have the authority to issue fatawa, for one thing. A fatwa is a legal opinion regarding religious practice issued by someone who has earned a recognized level of certification (ijaza) to participate in the shaping of Islamic jurisprudence in a particular area of law and, usually, for a particular school of law that affects a portion of the Muslim community that follows edicts from that school. Fatawa tend to address regional problems, or issues specific to cases that come before jurists. They are subject to discernment, challenge, debate and may be overturned. Very few legitimate fatawa are addressed to all Muslims.

Irresponsible news sources will report that someone, Osama bin Laden, for example, issued a fatwa, and people who have no clue get all upset about if Muslims will do as he says. Most Muslims yawn and go on with their day because (1) bin Laden has no authority to issue fatawa, (2) even if he did have that authority, we can choose to ignore him anyway because (3) unless the issuer has the force of law to enforce his law, no one is bound by it.

This a very simplistic explanation, but I hope it is helpful to you. I appreciate you asking.

No poster is obligated to educate you. Ignorance in this instance is a choice that you are making for yourself, not something foisted upon you by others.