^_^

With Muslim Brotherhood Set to Join Egypt Protests, Religion’s Role May Grow

94 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Now we see why Obama and Biden have been publicly siding with Mubarak. For all his flaws, he is no terrorist and if these protests succeed in ousting him, Egypt could be just another terrorist nation like the Palestinian Territories.

The Muslim Brotherhood, the largest organized opposition group in the country, announced Thursday that it would take part in the protest. The support of the Brotherhood could well change the calculus on the streets, tipping the numbers in favor of the protesters and away from the police, lending new strength to the demonstrations and further imperiling President Hosni Mubarak’s reign of nearly three decades.

“Tomorrow is going to be the day of the intifada,” said a spokesman for the Muslim Brotherhood here in Egypt’s second largest city, who declined to give his name because he said he would be arrested if he did. The spokesman said that the group was encouraging members of its youth organization — roughly those 15 to 30 years old — to take part in protests.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/28/world/middleeast/28alexandria.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Now we see why Obama and Biden have been publicly siding with Mubarak. For all his flaws, he is no terrorist and if these protests succeed in ousting him, Egypt could be just another terrorist nation like the Palestinian Territories.

Bingo!

We are slowly learning the down side to majority rule and other democratic things that have actually put our adversaries in higher positions of power than they other wise would have been.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Other Timeline

Here's the problem:

Either side with Mubarak, who is a dictator and violates human rights, yet keeps calm in regard to Israel, or accept the people of Egypt, which implies Muslim influence?

The US want to bring democracy to every nation, yet they don't like the idea that the form of democracy the people of that nation choose may not be the same form of democracy the US would prefer.

Look at Iraq: the US was supporting Saddam Hussein despite the fact that he was a dictator and violated human rights. They did this because he was an ally against Iran. Then, when they didn't like him anymore, they made him a bad guy and invaded the country. Now the country has a democratically elected government that, again, is heavily influenced by Muslim politics. Almost as bad, if not worse, than Saddam Hussein!

Thus, the US is between a rock and a hard place . . .

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Told ya so.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The US want to bring democracy to every nation, yet they don't like the idea that the form of democracy the people of that nation choose may not be the same form of democracy the US would prefer.

Yes, the US prefers the kind of democracy that doesn't condone violence or

encourage people to blow themselves up. Don't you?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes, the US prefers the kind of democracy that doesn't condone violence or

encourage people to blow themselves up. Don't you?

So the people of a given country only have a right to choose a gov ... if it holds dear the things we hold dear?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Other Timeline

There are 214 countries on the planet, and about 6,800,000,000 people who live there. The US Government may just have to accept and have to come to terms with the fact that all of them may not agree with the US's position on how their own country should be run. If the people of every nation would pursue the same goal and had the same ideals, planet Earth would be a wonderful and peaceful place.

So if a "US-oriented," Israel-friendly (make that "non-hostile") corporatocracy like that of the US isn't an option, should the US prefer a dictator who abuses human rights or a Muslim-oriented "power-for-the-people" government?

Me thinks, the US should keep its d*ck out of the affairs of other sovereign countries, unless the UN officially calls all of its members to intervene.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Timeline

Me thinks, the US should keep its d*ck out of the affairs of other sovereign countries, unless the UN officially calls all of its members to intervene.

I was with you, up to that point. Let the UN raise, and pay their own army, without US. The US troops should never wear powder blue. We are good at breaking things, not so good at fixing them.

Having concerns about what sort of government Egyptians choose should Mubarak be get forced out is only logical. Hoping they don't choose Radical Islamic leadership is only to be hoped for. Personally I don't see that happening but who knows?

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

They won't choose "radical Islamic" leadership because there is no such thing. That's a western non-Muslim term that few Muslims use, and non-Muslims are unlikely to take charge in Egypt any time soon.

They won't choose "radical Islamic" leadership because there is no such thing. That's a western non-Muslim term that few Muslims use, and non-Muslims are unlikely to take charge in Egypt any time soon.

So what do you call Islamic suicide bombers?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

So what do you call Islamic suicide bombers?

Brownie Scouts

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!

Remove Conditions:

Hamas... *cough*

Taliban... *cough cough*

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions: