jaygregory

service request

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

so our nao2 is a few weeks late now, probably not a suprise to most people who applied in july/august like we did.

last night we called and the woman said she had sent a 'service request' so our visa should get looked at soon.

we have the service number and things but was just wondering....this anything more than a delay tactic to keep us off the phone to them for a while longer while they eat cookies and coffee?

so our nao2 is a few weeks late now, probably not a suprise to most people who applied in july/august like we did.

last night we called and the woman said she had sent a 'service request' so our visa should get looked at soon.

we have the service number and things but was just wondering....this anything more than a delay tactic to keep us off the phone to them for a while longer while they eat cookies and coffee?

They are presently adjudicating August petitions, with a similar NOA1 date as yours.

Hopefully you will be getting that NOA2 soon. :thumbs:

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

That is just what the procedure said but dont too get stuck on what they said, go call them again a week later with the service number and asked them to let u talk to a tier 2. My fiance got something once he had chance to talk to them, they said we got RFE. Call ur congressman as well. Be agressive.

*K1 JOURNEY

2010-07-16****K1 Petition Sent Out

2010-08-08****NOA1 Hardcopy

2011-05-20****POE LAX

2011-06-20****Wedding

AOS:

2011-08-18****AOS Package Sent.

2011-09-29****Biometric Appt. Dover, Delaware

2011-10-18****RFE reply

2011-12-13****GC in hand

AP:

2011-10-31****File AP

2011-11-08****NOA1

2011-11-14****AP Approved

ROC:

2013-10-22***Package Sent

2013-11-03***Check Cashed

2013-11-05***NOA1
2013-11-25***Biometrics

2014-02-06***GC in hand dancin5hr.gif

5b904a1af6.gif

same here, we also asked for "service request, waiting impatiently, told us to wait 30 damn days again :angry:

Wedding Date : May 15, 2008

I130 sent : July 27, 2010

NOA1 Received : August 16, 2010

NOA2 Received : March 11, 2011 (207 days from NOA1)

NVC Journey :

NVC received : March 18, 2011

DS3032 emailed : March 30, 2011

AOS fee received : March 30, 2011

Visa : April 1, 2011

Paid AOS and Visa via Mail : April 4,2011

I864 sent : (by the petitioner) April 13, 2011 (overnight)

DS230 sent : (by me) April 11, 2011 NVC received April 13,2011

AOS RFE :(co-sponsor proof of citizenship) : April 23,2011

RFE sent : April 25, 2011 (overnight)

DS230 RFE : April 26, 2011

RFE sent : April 28, 2011 (via FedEx) NVC received May 2, 2011

SIF : May 13, 2011 (US time) May 14 (here in the Philippines)

Case Close : May 16, 2011

Medical at St. Lukes : May 17, 2011 1st Day

May 19, 2011 Immunization and got the CD xray :)

Interview : July 12, 2011 (6:30 am) yiipppeeeee

INTERVIEW RESULT : APPROVED!!!! :)

VISA ON HAND : July 15, 2011

POE : LAX

[/size][/size][/font][/size][/size][/size][/font][/color]

Filed: Timeline

Jaygregory, yes I got the same response when I called USCIS a week ago. I called them again in the middle of this week attempting to put in a service request, but it was denied again. However, due to the advice given by so many, I have emailed Vermont Service Center directly, and one of their customer service reps replied back saying an adjudications officer is currently processing my case as we speak. I suggest you email VSC directly and do it over and over if they do not reply back. I had to try 3 times. Their email is VSC.Ncscfollowup@dhs.gov.

Apparently, something else which I need to share with everyone on here, the individual service centers and the national customer service center suffer from a disconnect in real-time data because the processing date the agent gives you over the phone is only updated once in the middle of every month as the customer service center apparently receives this data from the individual service centers once every month, so if you call now, you'll get the same answer that they are processing July 24th applications, when in reality VSC has moved on much further. You'll only hear this date change if you call back around February 15. This information is coming directly from one of the USCIS phone agents.

I will call USCIS again today to see if they have updated information about my case since their website still displays "Initial Review". But as everyone can see on Igor's List, VSC has really stepped up their pace. If you compare CSC with VSC, thus far, VSC is moving faster. Good for VSC and good for all of us who are waiting for several months.

Try my suggestions and maybe you'll see some movement in your case. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.