Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I-864 or I-864a

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Timeline

Hi, thanks for replies yesterday. I still have a question which I can't quite resolve. My father and I are sponsoring my

husband's application. He has sufficient income, I don't. I have been staying with him for five months. Due to this, he

actually needs to do the I-864a, correct? I should say my name is not on the house- it doesn't show up in any utility bills.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China

Father can use either of them.

You file I-864 as primary sponsor.

Father can use I-864 as a Joint Sponsor


Father can use I-864A to ADD his income to your's as member of household.

I would do I-864 Primary, and I-864 Joint, because I-864A is normally used in cases where it may be a couple providing sponsorship, like Husband/Wife sponsoring a parent, or child. Or I-864A is used in unique cases where intending immigrant may be able to add their income to that of their sponsor's.

Also less chances of NVC questioning the use of I-864A.

Another case is if you file I-864, and you have two parents willing to joint sponsor, in this case Father provides I-864, and Mother provides an I-864A adding her income to that of your Father.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The I-864A is more appropriate for this situation as you live with your father.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.


ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...