ann and aties

NOA2 Finally came - August filer

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Thanks for the advice Claudia. Its VERY MUCH appreciated. We actually got our interview set up TODAY for October 24, 2011 (It's a relief, and painful at the same time as I’m sure you’re aware...8-1/2 MONTHS AFTER the US INTEREST SECTION RECEIVES THE APPROVED I-129F FOR AN INTERVIEW!!!). I knew this was coming, but it's just frustrating that they advertise "usually your interview is in about 2 months". I intended to post my experiences with a new post topic on the Cuba Portal tonight, but I read your reply on here first. I think I will still start a new post on the experience though, because we veered a bit from the original topic.

My experience getting a K-1 VISA interview in Cuba Specifically:

I expected the phone interview scheduling to be a very simple process after our I-129F was approved, but it wasn’t for me. When I called, I was connected with the same person (Mary), the first 5 times I called over a week. I was always honest to her questions, and never rude, but she is difficult to schedule an interview with. If you ever get connected with MARY...JUST HANG UP!!! I Finally got connected with some other guy, and it was a piece of cake. I was so happy to hear a different voice.

Claudia, I know everything you say is true about being able to schedule an interview before we receive our packet, but “Mary” just tries to derail all of this in whatever way she can it seems (maybe she’s jealous..Ja Ja). Today, the first question out of her mouth was “Has your fiancé received package 3?” ME: I’m not sure. (I hadn’t talked to her yet today). Next question by Mary: “What is your case number?” I gave it to her, and she said “I’m sorry, but you only have 4 minutes left on your PIN and that is not enough time to schedule an appointment. You can buy another 8 minute PIN for $11 on your credit card, and try to call back.” So basically you get 4 minutes time for $11 because she wouldn’t allow me to partially schedule an interview. I bought my 3rd PIN within minutes today, and I finally got connected with the guy there (I think there are just two scheduling there from what I’ve learned (MARY and the “guy”.) There was NO PROBLEM with the guy, and we got scheduled.

Did any of you prior, have difficulties scheduling with Mary, or did you all get the “guy”? Ja Ja. It’s funny to a point, but we basically lost a week of time in this difficult journey trying to get an interview only because of who answered the phone. I hated to keep trying to call over and over, but I think it’s necessary with discretion at times. We’ve got it worked out for us at this moment (we hope) but much more to come.

Timeline

Claudia,

Are you sure K-2 children in Cuba need to interview at the same time as the primary K-1 applicant (fiance)? Are you bringing children from Cuba too, or is that just your impression? I mean no disrespect, and I'm sure you know the long processessssssssssssssssssssssssssss can be confusing. I'd appreciate more advice on the K-2 visa process if you know more specific to Cuba. Our children are basically adults now at 17 and 19, and we are 38, and 40. I'm afraid of their "military duty" conflicting with our journey. One son was just very recently "called to duty", and I'm very concerned about this as far as US/CUBA processes go. I know it's a little complicated with the "call to duty", but regardless of that, I'd just like to know about your expierience with K-2 Visas if you have experience with them.

Thanks,

Beau

beau i am glad you got your interview set up and well at least is for this yr..i know it seems far off but time fly believe mine is in june and i set it up back in September. I really dont know about the situation with your children I have a friend of mine that he went to the interview with his mom and he came a little later than her I dont know exactly if it was because he was call to duty "servicio militar" which is dumb but remember its cuba. If I were you I will research it and even contact the consulate. I think the only positive thing you can thank mary is that she told you that unless you had a different case number for your children they were all on the same interview..I wanna know you will know soon because of the paperwork on packet 3...But contact the consulate in havana or if you take a short trip up there they can explain in person..I went and they treat me good and explain all..and a week later my fiance receive the telegram to pick up his paperwork and I went and got it myself..packet 3 people no that magical its the same forms on vj website form 156 and the rest of them..so you can print it for you fiance and send it to them as well. well good luck and yes this process is so long..its like a prove of our love or something lol..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

To respond to one part of your post, Beau, yes I got a man who scheduled my appointment for me AND it all took 15 minutes! I was surprised, I was worried he would have me call back when we got to the 11 minute mark. So, I have to agree with your advice - if you get Ann - hang up before she knows who you are! (I wonder if they have caller id?) Glad to hear you got your interview.

Timeline

ann I dont know in the case of someone who doesnt leave in havana...i know my fiance leaves in the outside of havana and he got a telegram with instructions to pick up package..i was there and went with him to pick it up at the embassy...Beau & Digna you should not wait until packet 3 is receive there is no point to it believe me it will just delay the the appts and like i said a friend on mine made his last week and they are like scheduling for september already...Also when u get packet 3 in the main letter lets you know you know the interview date as well...so i believe is the other way around they wait for you to schedule things before sending the packet..

We did receive a message the next day after our interview was scheduled that our packet3 is now ready...coincidence??? I'm really still not sure because it was a repy to an email I'd sent 10 days earlier, and they also said their website is correct (the site say 2 months for an interview, but we are offered 8+ months???). I'd be curious to see someone willing to risk 6 months to find out if being "documentarily qualified", will get you an interview in 2 months as the website says.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.