57 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Well that is too late, we've done evrything we could to stop him, including moving states which he knows where we live and that we've moved here, my husband does not want anything to do with him but he will not understand. It has come to the point of stalking and invasion of privacy which I can not take anymore. I found out about the letter last weekend from his daughter she read the letter she found without her dad knowing he was going to sent it. She told me what some of it said from what she got herself. His more that his against our relationship because he feels I am keeping his son away from letting him reconcile his faults and he wants to see our daughter which we deny. I understand USCIS steps towards it, and what you have mentioned however we do have other evidence that states his interference and compromising of my petition. Were most likley getting a lawyer and bringing him to court, not for the restraining order alone,I am sure stalking can account for alot more.

It does. I would wait till the AOS stuff is over though and make sure you bring that up in court because it shows malicious intent.

• 2 weeks later...

An update since the last time I posted alot has happened, we received a letter from the US State Department, in which we were called in to talk to someone, as it happens we found out they were the reason USCIS did not approve at the interview. The US state department has been looking into our situation before the interview, they been looking into all of the leaks and everything they received to jepordize my petition since and proved it came from a falsified source, into which it put a red flag onto my process as up until now it was smooth sailing so it raised questions as to the discrepancy. They told us USCIS were directed to not approve me at the interview and just request the DNA as their request, but not tell us why. Were still going with the process the USCIS promted us too, the Paternity test is on Monday than we wait for a stokes interview.

Edited by Amanda2020

K1 Timeline

I-129F sent to Vermont Service Centre: 08/19/2009

NOA1 Notice Date: 09/03/2009

NOA1 Hard Copy received: 09/10/2009

NOA2 Notice Date: 11/25/2009

NVC Received : 12/01/2009

NVC Left : 12/02/2009

Consulate Received : 12/03/2009

Consulate sent packet 3: 12/09/2009

Packet 3 received by me: 12/15/2009

Packet 3 faxed to consulate: 12/16/2009

Packet 3 sent to consulate: 01/06/2010

Packet 3 received by consulate: 01/08/2010

Packet 3 logged:01/25/2010

Packet 4 Received: 02/10/2010

Medical!: 02/01/2010

Interview: 04/16/2010

POE: Aug 7th, 2010

Wedding: August 14 2010 YAY

SSN Received: September 8th, 2010

AOS Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

An update since the last time I posted alot has happened, we received a letter from the US State Department, in which we were called in to talk to someone, as it happens we found out they were the reason USCIS did not approve at the interview. The US state department has been looking into our situation before the interview, they been looking into all of the leaks and everything they received to jepordize my petition since and proved it came from a falsified source, into which it put a red flag onto my process as up until now it was smooth sailing so it raised questions as to the discrepancy. They told us USCIS were directed to not approve me at the interview and just request the DNA as their request, but not tell us why. Were still going with the process the USCIS promted us too, the Paternity test is on Monday than we wait for a stokes interview.

So, the DNA test was a stalling tactic? Or are they really trying to confirm your husband is the father?

If I was your husband I'd probably take my dad out for a few drinks. When he was sufficiently loosened up then I'd confront him with what he'd done, and send him home with a broken nose. :angry:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Yea it was they said it still needs to be done because now his affidavit for paternity establishment is not valid anymore, but they are covering the cost of the test. We issued our statements and his identification so his not able to contact us or come near us, they issued a warrant for his arrest if he leaves his state, so that is reisuring. Were bringing the evidence into the stokes interview its where they will review it and he can face charges, and we got a lawyer so the charges were pressing went through and a hearing is in march. But in terms of my GC I am just relieved now that I have been more reasured.

Edited by Amanda2020

K1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

I got a question, now I am thinking postively and hoping to get that green card approved soon. I had to get an imfopass AP for emergency travel back to Canada in oct it was approved and I went, I did apply for AP at the time of my AOS but got expediated approval. Now with this whole situation, they revoked it while it gets sorted. I was wondering once I get approved, in normal circumstances does the AP still count? or we can now travel back freely? is there a grace period before the card arrives in the mail that you cannot? I hope to go back to Canada for a week March 14-19 which is when I got my school spring break. I am hoping that I get a stokes by than or might see if I can get my AP back.

K1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

Timeline
I got a question, now I am thinking postively and hoping to get that green card approved soon. I had to get an imfopass AP for emergency travel back to Canada in oct it was approved and I went, I did apply for AP at the time of my AOS but got expediated approval. Now with this whole situation, they revoked it while it gets sorted. I was wondering once I get approved, in normal circumstances does the AP still count? or we can now travel back freely? is there a grace period before the card arrives in the mail that you cannot? I hope to go back to Canada for a week March 14-19 which is when I got my school spring break. I am hoping that I get a stokes by than or might see if I can get my AP back.

Personally, given the "mess" your file is in I wouldn't even risk AP even if they tell you it's fine. You CAN go to an Infopass once you're approved and get an I-551 stamp if you need to but I really think it's in your best interest to wait for the card. If you're denied again while out of the country you won't be able to re-enter easily.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Any updates? Your paternity test was supposed to be Monday 21st Feb. I trust everything went well and it proves paternity? Heard from USCIS yet about another interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Why do they need for a DNA test? I'm asking because I'm petitioning my fiance and we have son too, so we would know what to do in the future just like your case. How old is your daughter? my son is only 15 months old.

My daughter was just over 3 when I had my K-1 interview and they never even asked about her.....I am from Canada and her dad is American.....this seems weird... does your child have dual citizenship??? I was sent a letter saying I had to either include her on my papers or take her to the consulate and do a birth abroad form for her and it cost $100...that's all they needed from us....GOOD LUCK!

hmmmmmmmmm indeed

the silence from the poster makes one wonder how that test went exactly?

It doesnt mean anything other than she is living her life.

03/09/2011 AOS Application Sent.
03/11/2011 (Day 0) Application Received
03/16/2011 (Day 7) NOA 1 (Text Email)+ (Checks Cashed)
03/19/2011 (Day 10) Hard Copy of NOA 1
03/28/2011 (Day 19) Biometrics letter 4/8/2011
04/08/2011 (Day 30) Successful Biometrics for I-765/I-485
05/13/2011 (Day 65) EAD received in the mail
05/14/2011 (Day 66) Email confirming EAD approved (Case updated online TOUCH)
05/20/2011 (Day 72) SSN In the Mail.

09/08/2011 (Day 200 ) Email notification of Interview.
10/11/2011 Interview at 26 Federal Plaza, NY!
Interviewed and Am expecting RFEs!
10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin
02/11/2012 (Day ***) Service request..Told its being reviewed by supervisor

24th March 2012!!!!!!!!!!! Email notifiying me of CARD IN PRODUCTION
03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

4/2/2012 Green Card In Hand!

Unbelievable that my journey took this long but Im thankful

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

3/24/2014 Application for conditions to be removed

9/22/2014 APPROVED without interview.

Filed: Timeline

i am 100 percent agree with the statement of jewel who has said that you may do a test of DNA for the proving and then they can,t deny because it will be a big prove for your identity but it is your right to appeal again even if they have refuse .

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

hmmmmmmmmm indeed

the silence from the poster makes one wonder how that test went exactly?

Obviously, this is not necessary.

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.