^_^

Does this chart show traffic cameras work or does it show that East Europeans, Russians and Chinese people can't drive?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Chinese People Drive Great,

in China.

This slow moving static cr@p in USA is problematic, is not same mileau, at all - traffic laws too restrictive for fast action.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hm04B.gif

Neither. It shows that you need to think a second when deciding how to measure things. Deaths per 1000 km of road networks is an inanely stupid way to measure road safety. Deaths per 1000 km driven would be a much better metric. Otherwise you greatly penalize areas with busier roads where there are naturally more accidents per 1000 km of road since there are many more cars per 1000 km of roads.

Having said that, Russians are crazy drivers. It's not a question of can they drive. They can drive quite well and probably better than most Americans. It's a question of do they make safe decisions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

:thumbs:

Neither. It shows that you need to think a second when deciding how to measure things. Deaths per 1000 km of road networks is an inanely stupid way to measure road safety. Deaths per 1000 km driven would be a much better metric. Otherwise you greatly penalize areas with busier roads where there are naturally more accidents per 1000 km of road since there are many more cars per 1000 km of roads.

Having said that, Russians are crazy drivers. It's not a question of can they drive. They can drive quite well and probably better than most Americans. It's a question of do they make safe decisions.

I would have to agree, but with the added point that Ukraine has definitely got the craziest drivers as the chart demonstrates! People drive with no regard to speed limits or lane markings. A friend that I visited there drove like a 'bat-out-of-hell', 160 km/hr on the 2-lanes, weaving in and out! She was skillful but quite dangerous nonetheless. She was pulled over twice for speeding in one week and it only took a smile and the equivalent of $2.50 as a bribe to get it overlooked! Other drivers were worse. It made Russian drivers seem positively tame.

Edited by james&olya

Canada and Ukraine have the same amount of cameras but significantly different rates of deaths. Cameras matter not.

US and Britain have the same amount of deaths but significantly different rates of cameras. Cameras matter not.

Cameras matter not.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Canada and Ukraine have the same amount of cameras but significantly different rates of deaths. Cameras matter not.

US and Britain have the same amount of deaths but significantly different rates of cameras. Cameras matter not.

Cameras matter not.

Are you under the delusion that the cameras are anything but a revenue stream (at least in the U.S.)?

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I like the road deaths per 1000km of road, putting the USA and the UK at the same fatality rate.

Consider that the average traffic volume on UK roads is so much higher (60m people in a country that will fit into Texas with a LOT of room to spare vs 300m people), I'm amazed it's even close.

And yes, in the UK, traffic cameras do little more than pay for more traffic cameras.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

(60m people in a country that will fit into Texas with a LOT of room to spare vs 300m people)

People in Texas drive to their nextdoor neighbour's (extra u just for you guys!) house. People in Britain do not.

Take into account our vehicle-based society. Britain isn't set up that way since it's infrastructure was formed when people walked or rode horses. Oh, and they have all those cameras, too. Must be those cameras keeping them safe.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

People in Texas drive to their nextdoor neighbour's (extra u just for you guys!) house. People in Britain do not.

Take into account our vehicle-based society. Britain isn't set up that way since it's infrastructure was formed when people walked or rode horses. Oh, and they have all those cameras, too. Must be those cameras keeping them safe.

You evidently haven't heard about Europe's biggest parking lot, then. It's called the M25, or London Orbital Motorway and is a 3 (or more) lane highway that encircles outer London. Believe me, people drive in the UK, more than you might think. Just not very fast a lot of the time because every one else is on the road at the same time.

And the cameras are like rabbits. They breed at a phenomenal rate.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Believe me, people drive in the UK, more than you might think.

And more people in Texas walk/use public trans than you might think. But, that doesn't change the fact that UK is set up to have more pedestrian, bike, bus, train, etc., traffic than Texas.

And the cameras are like rabbits. They breed at a phenomenal rate.

Exactly why we don't have many here. We know once govt. gets started on something the only way to keep it around is make the problem more prevalent.

Русский форум член.

Guessing that India (unquestionable worst in the measure of road-deaths per 1,000 vehicles) would be between the 0 and 5 (on cameras) and over 50 (on deaths per 1,000 km).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Guessing that India (unquestionable worst in the measure of road-deaths per 1,000 vehicles) would be between the 0 and 5 (on cameras) and over 50 (on deaths per 1,000 km).

So if India had more cameras they'd have a lower death rate?

Русский форум член.