one...two...tree

Self Defense

362 posts in this topic

Probably has her groceries delivered to her, which still is exposing herself to potential danger, especially if she's all alone and just got out of the shower when the delivery guy rings the bell.

I go shopping on a bicycle, no deliveries for me :no:

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

But yet some posters on here claim the chances of being murdered with a gun are so high we should restrict freedoms. Which is it? Are we in danger or is the threat so small it's not worth worrying about?

I don't think you read what people who prefer limitations on gun ownership are saying; HINT: it's got very little to do with the chances of being murdered by a firearm in a criminal attack.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Are you seriously comparing an entire country's homicide rate to a State? Okay. Canada's homicide rate in 2009 was 1.8% of population. Vermont's was 1.13% in 2009. I'd say your calcs are off. If you really want to compare apples to apples you'd compare the US's homicide rate, which is 4.96%. Or choose a comparable Province.

Why the old figures? Is Canada still counting? Vermont had 4 homicides in 2010. .75 per 100,000. Less than half of Canada's.

Yes I am comparing one state's statistics. Why would I compare the US when each state has different gun laws? I m comparing a state with NONE, a state that allows any person to carry a concealed firearm with a country that virtually bans handguns. We also have 7 times the population density of our nearest Canadian neighbors, Quebec.

And by the way, don't argue with my husband. He is always right. Alla.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Probably has her groceries delivered to her, which still is exposing herself to potential danger, especially if she's all alone and just got out of the shower when the delivery guy rings the bell.

No danger - the doorman accepts deliveries. :innocent:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

a S&W "Mountain Gun" .44 magnum.

I hope you stretched out before carrying that thing!

I carried my Desert Eagle one time. Once. That was all it took for me to realize that was not a carry gun.

You can always keep them as a trophy.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I didn't say to grab onto two things at once and keep them. What I meant was to question the poster who said they should get loud and fight back in order to escape the situation and then later went on to say, "grab something and don't let go." By very definition of escaping, you have to let go.

Well, if you ever find yourself on Grape Street and MLK Blvd.... "RUN FORREST RUN!!!" Don't make eye contact.

I don't ever want to go anywhere near Camden, or New Jersey as a whole, for that matter.

Ever notice how MLK is always in the hood? It doesn't matter what city you visit. If you're on MLK, you're in the hood. Is that really what the good doctor envisioned when he gave his famous speech?

compare apples to apples you'd compare the US's homicide rate, which is 4.96%.

So almost 5% of our people die every year from homicide? Really?

I don't think you read what people who prefer limitations on gun ownership are saying; HINT: it's got very little to do with the chances of being murdered by a firearm in a criminal attack.

Well then what's your reasoning behind it?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

At this rate, we'll have no people left in a couple of decades! :lol:

Then Social Security will be saved!

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

At this rate, we'll have no people left in a couple of decades! :lol:

Even with the influx of unregistered democrats (who also don't shoot each other at that rate) we'd still see some kind of drop in population, wouldn't we?

Then Social Security will be saved!

See above, under "unregistered democrats."

As long as they keep voting 'em into office, we'll still be in trouble.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I always make eye contact and make it a point to say hello or good morning or something like that. Sometimes just a nod is enough.

It's when you don't make eye contact that you appear to be attempting to avoid contact. Often times initiating contact is all it takes to let someone know you're going to be confrontational as opposed to hapless. As Gary says on here all the time, you don't have to be superman, you just have to be a harder target than the next guy.

Yeah, this is not the way it works in real life bad situations.

As I'm sure you are sick of hearing by now, the husband has real life experience with day to day ####### living in the Old Country. He DOES NOT make eye contact with people on the street. It's even hard for him to make eye contact with people when he is first introduced to them. Keeping yourself safe when you never really know who's liable to drag you off and "disappear" you is best accomplished by just moving along and not engaging anyone.

Yeah, this is not the way it works in real life bad situations.

How is saying good morning or hello to someone a bad situation?

As I'm sure you are sick of hearing by now, the husband has real life experience with day to day ####### living in the Old Country. He DOES NOT make eye contact with people on the street. It's even hard for him to make eye contact with people when he is first introduced to them. Keeping yourself safe when you never really know who's liable to drag you off and "disappear" you is best accomplished by just moving along and not engaging anyone.

The husband left the old country and sounds like he's scared of his new one as well. You too.

Русский форум член.

How is saying good morning or hello to someone a bad situation?

He speaks to people he knows. Otherwise he looks down or off to the side.

The husband left the old country and sounds like he's scared of his new one as well. You too.

My husband lived there 40 years. This is not about his new environment. This is about PTSD.

Filed: Timeline

He speaks to people he knows. Otherwise he looks down or off to the side.

I look ahead, but I don't make eye contact or speak to people. I was actually kinda freaked when my sister was trying to talk to everyone who walked by us when she was in the UK with me last summer. My mom actually got mad at me for telling her she shouldn't do it.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.