one...two...tree

Woman kills dog because it chewed Bible

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

COLUMBIA, S.C. - Authorities have charged a South Carolina woman with felony animal cruelty, saying she hanged her nephew's pit bull from a tree with an electrical cord and burned its body because the dog chewed on her Bible.

Animal control officers said Monday that 65-year-old Miriam Smith told them she killed a female dog named Diamond because it was a "devil dog" and she worried it could harm neighborhood children. Authorities said bond wasn't immediately set for Smith, who remains jailed in Spartanburg County after her weekend arrest.

Officials said she didn't have an attorney yet.

She faces 180 days to five years in prison if convicted.

Authorities say the remains of the dog were found under a pile of grass with part of an electrical cord around its neck.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/01/24/20110124south-carolina-dog-killed-chewing-bible.html#ixzz1C9nrtLhz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

COLUMBIA, S.C. - Authorities have charged a South Carolina woman with felony animal cruelty, saying she hanged her nephew's pit bull from a tree with an electrical cord and burned its body because the dog chewed on her Bible.

Animal control officers said Monday that 65-year-old Miriam Smith told them she killed a female dog named Diamond because it was a "devil dog" and she worried it could harm neighborhood children. Authorities said bond wasn't immediately set for Smith, who remains jailed in Spartanburg County after her weekend arrest.

Officials said she didn't have an attorney yet.

She faces 180 days to five years in prison if convicted.

Authorities say the remains of the dog were found under a pile of grass with part of an electrical cord around its neck.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/01/24/20110124south-carolina-dog-killed-chewing-bible.html#ixzz1C9nrtLhz

It doesn't surprise me

Christians scare me and the more I know of them , there more there is to be afraid

They embrace the philosophy of 'Those who are not with me are against me', hence

shunning, keeping pregnant teenagers in the cellar or mental institutions, burning people at the stake, Spanish inquisition, North Ireland butchery of each other etc

Anyone who has looked at christian behaviors down through the ages will not be shocked and this is totally consistent and just at the extreme end of their spectrum at the moment

They even get all dark eyed about Ouija boards and when they get like that, anything can happen. I had a chief accountant like that and he was always getting dark about any signs of the devil - such as Ouija boards and magician shows

They are all smiles and daffodils until they get a sniff of the devil - and then look out !

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They embrace the philosophy of 'Those who are not with me are against me'

Such a mantra is an articulation of tribe-mentality, "embraced" by all religions - there's nothing specifically Christian about it.

Anyone who has looked at christian behaviors down through the ages will not be shocked and this is totally consistent... etc

Absolute nonsense.

Post-Enlightenment Christianity resembles something much more amorphous, liberal and benign than Middle Age Catholic/Protestant tyranny. "Christians" today have been effectively numbed by secular society into a people much more passive, ill-defined and (ironically) Christ-like than the baying, sanctimonious clans of old.

Edited by faust-yusov

Timeline

Such a mantra is an articulation of tribe-mentality, "embraced" by all religions - there's nothing specifically Christian about it.

Absolute nonsense.

Post-Enlightenment Christianity resembles something much more amorphous, liberal and benign than Middle Age Catholic/Protestant tyranny. "Christians" today have been effectively numbed by secular society into a people much more passive, ill-defined and (ironically) Christ-like than the baying, sanctimonious clans of old.

Northern Ireland wasn't that long ago. In fact it is current. I have seen many christian cruelties inflicted upon people in my life - in pursuance of their creed too

In Colorado, a military trainee was told by fellow trainees that he must join their church. When he refused, they changed his exam results so he failed the course.

Anyone who doubts this and thinks it is not the normal way of christianity, should get a job in small town SC or Georgia and then declare themselves atheist, and see how long they last

In some States they are barred from holding State Office

I don't need to mention catholic priests and their record with children under their care as we are all aware of that

With all this and the predatory tithing of people who can't afford it, I find myself hugely turned off by christianity as it is manifested by the church. Individual christians who are independent thinkers are capable of doing good and not burning dogs alive or imprisoning pregannat teenagers, but there are a malevolent core who are tribal first and followers of jesus's ideas a long way second

Even if I were a believer, I wouldn't associate with 'the tribe' as they are scary and capable of great cruelties

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

It doesn't surprise me

Christians scare me and the more I know of them , there more there is to be afraid

They embrace the philosophy of 'Those who are not with me are against me', hence

shunning, keeping pregnant teenagers in the cellar or mental institutions, burning people at the stake, Spanish inquisition, North Ireland butchery of each other etc

Anyone who has looked at christian behaviors down through the ages will not be shocked and this is totally consistent and just at the extreme end of their spectrum at the moment

They even get all dark eyed about Ouija boards and when they get like that, anything can happen. I had a chief accountant like that and he was always getting dark about any signs of the devil - such as Ouija boards and magician shows

They are all smiles and daffodils until they get a sniff of the devil - and then look out !

WEll, don't you think it's normal to be like that? I mean if you are a christian it's only normal to reject any situation, or people, or shows eyc that have in some way connections to evil.

Now what that lady did was obviously stupid, and you can not judge christians or the whole christianity because of a crazy lady.

Your quote refers more to islam then refers to christianity. I noticed there is a huge amount of people judginf other people's religion when in fact their knowledge in the matter is little to none.

I am a christian and i love harry potter, but obviously i know to make the difference between fiction and what might be considered a sin...like killing my dog.

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm a big believer in an eye for an eye. I know that this is interpreted as a call for moderation (meaning, don't kill somebody who stole your food), but I like to take it more literally.

Let's take the shooter who killed 6 people in Arizona, including a 9 year-old girl. I don't really care why he did it, or if he had sex with his daddy when he was only 3 years old or because he heard voices in his head. Important for me is that he killed 6 people and thus deserves to die 6 times.

Does it any good to lock him up for life? Sure, the corporate-owned, private prisons would like that, as we, the taxpayers, have to pay for it, a ton of money. Should we execute him humanely, make him fall asleep peacefully? Not if I had any say in this!

I like the idea of scraping out his eyes with a spoon (1). Cut out his tongue with a sharp knife (2). Destroy his elbows and kneecaps with a hammer (3). Cut off his you reproductive organs (4). Then go on with his toes and fingers by using a cigar cutter (5). Finally, for death number 6, cut his spinal cord and let him lie there in total darkness and total silence unable to move, until his creator has mercy with him.

Back to the lady who tortured her dog to death. I would do to her what she did to the dog. Very simple, not complicated, absolutely fair.

All this has to be decided in a court of law, of course. I just wonder if people would be deterred to commit such crimes if they knew that they would have to pay for their crimes the same way their victims had to pay.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

all dogs go to heaven.

Seems this is a woman of god. So much for forgiveness.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

all dogs go to heaven.

Seems this is a woman of god. So much for forgiveness.

Dogs in heaven ? oh that puts the tin lid on it - no way Pedro

I don't want dog poo on my shoes when I get to heaven - life there is suposed to be without all that unpleasant stuff

All that yapping and barking and howling and bad breath... jeez if that's the good hotel then how bad can the bad one be ?

Dogs without eyes that are there for less than an instant in time while christians scoop out eyeballs with rusty spoons as they follow the bible's doctrine on eye for an eye

That doesn't work anyway otherwise Brett Favre would be forced to look when the woman returned a pic of HER private parts on HIS cell phone - see how he likes that - hah !

Edited by Alan the Red

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Back to the lady who tortured her dog to death. I would do to her what she did to the dog. Very simple, not complicated, absolutely fair.

human victim <> animal victim. you really think that killing an animal should be punishable by death? wacko.gif

pitbull vs. bible. tough for me to pick a side on this one.

Timeline

human victim <> animal victim. you really think that killing an animal should be punishable by death?

Hope not because millions of animals are killed by humans every day

chickens/lambs/beef cattle /piggies even woofers in Korea

Vehicular homicide on raccoon ?

It sound like the woman should have gotten a job at Guantanamo and got it out of her system before she got home

I think being waterboarded 183 times in a month by christians is unimaginable

Edited by Alan the Red

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

There was an old farmer from Greece

Who did terrible things to his geese

But he went too far with a budgerigar

And the parrot phoned the police.

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

There was an old farmer from Greece

Who did terrible things to his geese

But he went too far with a budgerigar

And the parrot phoned the police.

funny you should mention that.... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/292552-what-is-your-state-the-worst-at/

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I see we Washingtoids are good at bestiality

I know someone tried it on with and eider duck but couldn't get up for down

I think they were militia from Idaho who are into survivalism and alternative methods of procuring all the necessities of life including mountain time passtimes

Washington was a shared territory with Britain right up to 1846, so it's amazing it could have become so thoroughly Americanized in such a short space of time - I am hoping to return it to renouncing bestiality and eating with both a knife and a fork

moresheep400100.jpg

human victim <> animal victim. you really think that killing an animal should be punishable by death? wacko.gif

Our next door neighbors had a dog. She had a litter of puppies. They were puggles. You know the "designer dog" that you can make money off of.

They tried to sell the puppies for $600. No takers. Then $400. $250. Still no takers.

We bought one of the pups for $150. Mostly because she and her 8 brothers and sisters would crawl under the fence and cuteness us to pieces. They were kept in the backyard with one bowl of dry food they liked to play in. Never any water. Eventually five of the puppies went to PetLand. They kept three. One to keep for good and two because a family member wanted them. That person never did take the pups. I'm not sure where they went. Nor am I sure where the one they kept went.

The mother dog was called Ruby. Since her golden eggs didn't work out, they started to keep her in the garage. She got out one day and we found her half starved to death. We called animal control but by law they had to ask the neighbors if they wanted to surrender her. They took her back in the house.

Seven months later when it was 95 degrees out, they tied her outside while they went away. They tied their other two dogs out also. But they tied Ruby up "special". They wrapped her chain around her chest like a harness and then fastened it around her neck. Every time she moved the chain tightened around her till she couldn't breathe anymore.

We found her lying dead in their backyard. No charges have been pressed because supposedly there is not enough evidence of cruelty.

I can't think of anything better I'd like to do to these people than tie them up aside with a chain around their chest and neck on a 95 degree day.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.