81 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Just personal stuff : my fiancé and I know each other for 29 years (kindergarten puppylove story ) we were trying to locate each other for past 24 years. I got a kid she has two she is a lawer she has a job that's kind of hard to leave at the drop of a had. But if we get a visa tonight then tomorrow morning she will be on the plane. Postponing the weding for a year sounds kinda crazy to us for whatever reason. I dont mean to sound negative but take a look at the whole picture. What's going on?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!!

We talked about it, after she woke up. ...

Basically she said in a email that she just wanted some support from me and that the wedding is still a go! We have aa budget and we're going to make the best of it. ...

Hurray! She's a reasonable woman! I'm happy for you!

(Also, sorry about assuming you were the USC sponsoring her, and ALSO, what part of Holland are you leaving behind? I grew up in Friesland and did my 3rd year of university in Groningen - I miss it a lot!!)

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Glad the wedding's pushing through :) Like what most have already said, I dream of a big traditional wedding with all the shebang. Unfortunately, we don't have a budget for it right now so we'll just have a civil wedding and plan something grand in a year or two. Being together as soon as possible is more important than a fancy ceremony so we both agreed to do it this way. We're both fairly young and will be starting over once I get there so I imagine it may take a while to get that dream wedding. However, it doesn't have to cost a fortune! :) I am doing mine in my home country. Im lucky enough to be part of a photography org and have tons of friends willing to cover my wedding for no to minimal fee! :) Maybe you can ask friends or family too if they can help :)

Also, there are tons of sites in the internet to help you work with your budget and make it a dream wedding for less!

I find http://www.stylemepretty.com/ really helpful. They have tons of wedding ideas, DIY projects and guides to help you plan your wedding. Etsy.com is also a good place to look for stuff you can use for the wedding.

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com is also a great resource for ideas.

Is your fiancee into arts and crafts? I am planning to do my own save the dates, invitations, souvenirs, bridesmaids jewelries, decor,etc.. even photography (if i can. jk hehe) when the time comes. I've been checking those sites I've mentioned for inspiration. Let me know if you need any help :)

I wish you guys the best!

event.png

K1 Timeline

2010-11-02: NOA1

2011-03-24: NOA2!!! :)

2011-04-08: Case arrived at Embassy ( tracked through DHL)

2011-04-11/12: Medical at St Lukes

2011-04-25: INTERVIEW :) Earliest slot available online is May 6, called to see if there is an earlier date. Got Apr 25 :)

2011-05-11: POE at LAX Airport

2011-06-25: We got married!

2011-08-02: AOS/ AP/ EAD filed

2011-08-09: AOS NOA1

2011-09-06: Biometrics Appointment

2011-10-20: AOS Interview @ Detroit USCIS

5477902625_3cbb8daa8d_t.jpg5478473242_22ddaecd18_t.jpg5478483180_7fc17c0b8f_t.jpg5477910219_4cba055980_t.jpg5478504360_9bcbcc2c98_t.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!!

We talked about it, after she woke up. She was just really down and couldnt see the end of the tunnel yesterday after she talked to her parents. We've been planning a wedding with the thought of her parents willing to help us out, like they said. She found out that her parents don't have the financial ability to support her right now, neither can my family because they are all planning to come to the wedding (family of 5). Her thinking was lets just wait another year so we both can save up some money for the plans we had already made. BUT its just a change of plans now. Basically she said in a email that she just wanted some support from me and that the wedding is still a go! We have aa budget and we're going to make the best of it. She's already planning about powerpoint presentations with our pictures on it haha!

Thanks everyone for your advice and help truw this stressfull day for me. August 6th 2011, is my weddingday!! Yeaaa!

That's great. :) I'm glad to hear that she is willing to do that. Congrats and hope everything goes smoothly for you both!

belgium-flag.gift4518.gifunitedstates.gif

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!!

We talked about it, after she woke up. She was just really down and couldnt see the end of the tunnel yesterday after she talked to her parents. We've been planning a wedding with the thought of her parents willing to help us out, like they said. She found out that her parents don't have the financial ability to support her right now, neither can my family because they are all planning to come to the wedding (family of 5). Her thinking was lets just wait another year so we both can save up some money for the plans we had already made. BUT its just a change of plans now. Basically she said in a email that she just wanted some support from me and that the wedding is still a go! We have aa budget and we're going to make the best of it. She's already planning about powerpoint presentations with our pictures on it haha!

Thanks everyone for your advice and help truw this stressfull day for me. August 6th 2011, is my weddingday!! Yeaaa!

It's good you both reached an understanding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

by the way, in a year or so from now will she be rich enough to pay for a big wedding? or will she still be there with the same $3,500? just think that a decent wedding cake costs around $1,000, and all the rest accordingly (if you want to have a nice wedding you can't be stingy on the wedding rings or the flowers or the photographer or the band or the food or etc. etc., right?). plus, you need to make sure you have enough to file for AOS, which is more than $1,000.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

by the way, in a year or so from now will she be rich enough to pay for a big wedding? or will she still be there with the same $3,500? just think that a decent wedding cake costs around $1,000, and all the rest accordingly (if you want to have a nice wedding you can't be stingy on the wedding rings or the flowers or the photographer or the band or the food or etc. etc., right?). plus, you need to make sure you have enough to file for AOS, which is more than $1,000.

Dude, you missed the boat! ;)

She wants it all big white dress, cake, drinks etc.

Does she ever stop to think and consider what you wants also not everythng about HER. :o

I was like, what if we get a small wedding and get a big one later when we have more money?

You just have to make do with what you have now and as most said --keep a bigger one later maybe your first aniversary (when you are more financially stable ) .

She didnt want that because you only marry once.

You only marry once but you have to live a lifetime after . No money after the marriage creates financial hardships .

Now she told me that we should wait a year to marry next summer, eventho we are already in the K1 process,

You can wait and ask the uscis to hold off processing the visa until later , or you can get a later date like 3-6 mths for scheduling an interviewing date . Then when you get the visa --hold off until 4-6 mths before travelling , then 2 mths to get married .

Im a september filer. What do you think we should do? I cant go on like this, I was focused on getting married this summer and now it will be a year later. This is such a blow in my face. Its not that she doesnt want to be with me, not at all..she was crying and everything that she cant pay for the wedding.

Is your fiancee paying for the wedding ?? Where are you planning to get married (a civil ceremony )--in Netherlands or in the Usa (legal)after she comes here?? What about you ? Are you not putting up any money for the wedding ?? :lol: You have to Man -up :lol: .You have got it made --Maybe you shiuld start saving some money or get a loan if it is important to her and if you wish to make her happy :lol: and love her (L) and dont wish to see her cry :o . I wish you luck on your journey .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Very well said Channah. My fiance and I agreed to have a civil wedding first in New York this year when we get our visa approval. After a year (i.e. 2012) we will have our church wedding (I prefer simple wedding, less expense)in the Philippines. His fiancee should be considerate.

Immigration Guide Based on my Personal Experience: https://www.facebook.com/ahappyeverafterjourney

hhmm...$3500 is a lot. we spent less than $150 for a drive to the civil county inclusive of lunch for 3 after the ceremony. Certainly, its no grand wedding but we do have a grand marriage today.... :star: (church wedding would be much much later in my country- u can bet it'll be as simple as this)

well, thats just us.

i hope u work it through. True, wedding day is important and who would not want it to be grand?...but amidst the expenses, one has to be practical for now rather than start a marriage with debts. Infact, ur budget certainly stretch beyond what we have money-wise eh! :innocent::star:

best of luck to ur journey :star:

K1 Visa

01-31-2009 I-129F to USCIS-CSC

02-19-2009 NOA1

03-24-2009 NOA2

06-21-2009 Medical(The Polyclinic, Dubai UAE)

06-28-2009 Interview @ USE AD (approved)

07-01-2009 Visa ready for pick up @ USE AD

07-07-2009 went to pick up my visa (ready 2 fly)

=

09-11-2009 POE-SFO(no questions asked,just a reminder 2 get marry within 90 days)

=

09-28-2009 applied for SSN at Sac., Ca(no hassle)

10-05-2009 received SSN card on mail

11-04-2009 applied for marriage license @ Sacramento County, Ca

11-18-2009 married (marriage certificate on hand-same day)

11-25-2009 I-693 signed by CS(MMR-$70, Vericella-$70, I-693 Form- $15)

=

12-23-2009 mailed AOS to USCIS, Chicago Lockbox (FedEx)

12-28-2009 recvd by USCIS

01-04-2010 check cashed by USCIS

01-08-2010 received NOA1 (I-797C) for I-485, I-765 and I-131

01-11-2010 recvd ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics

01-25-2010 Biometrics Appointment- West Sac, CA

**alls well @ Biometrics-less than 20 mins.

03-04-2010 recvd notice for AOS interview date

03-04-2010 EAD card production ordered (online notice)

03-08-2010 AP (I-512L) approved-recvd in mail (dated 3/2/10)

03-11-2010 EAD recvd on mail

04-06-2010 AOS interview, APPROVED! Bye USCIS til 2012- Sac, CA

04-15-2010 GC Welcome letter received fr mail

04-16-2010 GC recvd on the mail (Yiihaa!!!)

=

03-08-2012 ROC I-751 mailed to CSC via USPS Priority Mail

03-12-2012 ROC recvd by CSC

03-12-2012 NOA1 (revd on mail 03/19/12)

03-15-2012 ROC check cashed

"Thank you to God and to VJ"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm glad that you said it.........:(

okay..I will say what many people who read your thread are probably thinking. She wants to wait and get married in

about 17 months because she can only spend $3500 on her wedding???...SERIOUSLY?????...Of course this is an important day in many girls lives...dreams and hopes etc. but in spite of your saying how upset she seems to be, her priorities are completely selfcentered. She thinks she deserves to have everything "Fabulous" and needs more money to feel important. If you arent positive you are going to be VERY rich very soon....you may want to think about this...because

you will have this same problem over and over. Your marriage might be a disaster. I would at least make sure she understands that you will have to cancel the current visa if you need to wait 17 months....if she says yes....Perhaps

it is for the best.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Glad to hear it, I'm happy for you;))

It's good you both reached an understanding

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.