arps

Marrying to Green Card Holder

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you for tacking interest into my case. My fiance received her approval letter for green card as her sister put up her file 7 years back. She is in USA now and waiting for her green card. As soon as she will get her green card she will come to india and we will get married.I am an INDIAN citizen.

Can someone tell me how long will it take for her to receive her green card and after that how long will it take for me to enter in USA. I heard that the process is now speed up to 1 year from several years. I haven't found any clue on this.

Any help will be appreciated

thank you

Edited by arps

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It usually only takes a few weeks for her greencard to arrive in the mail, but can take up to 90 days.

There is currently a 3 year delay in visa priority dates for Indian spouses of permanent residents, and processing takes 5-8 months on top of that, so if you marry this summer and she petitions you immediately, plan for an interview and (hopefully) visa/ move to the USA in early 2015.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you for tacking interest into my case. My fiance received her approval letter for green card as her sister put up her file 7 years back. She is in USA now and waiting for her green card. As soon as she will get her green card she will come to india and we will get married.I am an INDIAN citizen.

Can someone tell me how long will it take for her to receive her green card and after that how long will it take for me to enter in USA. I heard that the process is now speed up to 1 year from several years. I haven't found any clue on this.

Any help will be appreciated

thank you

Well she can travel to india NOW as long as her visa was endorsed and marry you... and she can petition for you right away.. even if she have not received the green card.

The wait is approx 3 years.. yes.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It usually only takes a few weeks for her greencard to arrive in the mail, but can take up to 90 days.

There is currently a 3 year delay in visa priority dates for Indian spouses of permanent residents, and processing takes 5-8 months on top of that, so if you marry this summer and she petitions you immediately, plan for an interview and (hopefully) visa/ move to the USA in early 2015.

Thank you for your help

Well she can travel to india NOW as long as her visa was endorsed and marry you... and she can petition for you right away.. even if she have not received the green card.

The wait is approx 3 years.. yes.

Thank you for your support

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi, the worst which you'll face is the maintenance of a long distance relationship... which is the most difficult thing i've gone thru. also, i don't know about your ambitions in life... i am a medical gradate and cleared USMLE Step 1 and 2 Ck.. i asked for visitors to appear for USMLE Step2 CS but the embassy denied because of petition.... now just waitin n waitin, i don't know ll b able to get a residency or no. i just want to say that nobody is here by mistake..... all have been chosen for some plan... i know patience is our present but the charm in future ll wash off the tears... hope so at least. welcome to this part of life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.