Timeline

My fiancee come out with a blue slip.

The questions she vaguely remembered

1)What is his name?

2)What does he do for a living?

3)Who introduce you to him?

4)When did he proposal to you?

5)When did you had the Dinh Hon?

6)Do you live and eat together like husband and wife? (She answer the question yes in a shy way, kind of with a light giggle)

My fiancee has a shy personality and I think that really hurts that 1 question. Personally, I do believe they doubt the relationship. I don't have the entire blue slip description yet from my fiancee. I do however know that 1 of it is the bona fide relationship part.

* Based on the information ascertained through the visa interview and through documentary materials, consular offers do not believe that there is a bona fide fiance(e) or spousal relationship between Petitioner and Beneficiary. If you have any other evidence to present which would convince a reasonable person that the relationship exists for a reason other than immigration, please submit it. Please label and itemize all materials submitted.

What do I seriously do now or can I do much? I'm already searching for airplane ticket for another visit before she has to turn it in next month. What would be the best way to convince them of our bona fide relationship?

Some background

1st trip: June 2009(No photos)

2nd trip: February 2010(Dinh Hon)

3rd trip: September 2010(Nha Trang)

Total relationship time about 1 1/2 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

you can email them and ask to meet in person with evidence. At this point until they send it back to USCIS you may have a chance, you have to let them know you are serious. Also write a letter to your congressman and senator to let them know what happened and you need their help in the situation. If I was you I would immediately write a letter and get a written response, then take all your evidence and go in person to the consulate with your fiance and prove your case. If not then you have to wait 5 months for USCIS to close your case, then start over from the beginning you will be at least 14 months from another interview. Or do a rebuttal which takes about that long. If given the chance do this in person if you can if not you are in for a long wait. I know this from experience and starting over after a 902 days since first filing my fiance is going to her second interview 1/28/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My fiancee come out with a blue slip.

The questions she vaguely remembered

1)What is his name?

2)What does he do for a living?

3)Who introduce you to him?

4)When did he proposal to you?

5)When did you had the Dinh Hon?

6)Do you live and eat together like husband and wife? (She answer the question yes in a shy way, kind of with a light giggle)

My fiancee has a shy personality and I think that really hurts that 1 question. Personally, I do believe they doubt the relationship. I don't have the entire blue slip description yet from my fiancee. I do however know that 1 of it is the bona fide relationship part.

* Based on the information ascertained through the visa interview and through documentary materials, consular offers do not believe that there is a bona fide fiance(e) or spousal relationship between Petitioner and Beneficiary. If you have any other evidence to present which would convince a reasonable person that the relationship exists for a reason other than immigration, please submit it. Please label and itemize all materials submitted.

What do I seriously do now or can I do much? I'm already searching for airplane ticket for another visit before she has to turn it in next month. What would be the best way to convince them of our bona fide relationship?

Some background

1st trip: June 2009(No photos)

2nd trip: February 2010(Dinh Hon)

3rd trip: September 2010(Nha Trang)

Total relationship time about 1 1/2 years.

Did your fiance bring evidence to the interview? Did the CO look at any of it?

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Ask the consulate what they want from us to prove a bona fide? This exact thing has been done in the past and different things have happened to different people.. Most got the same generic response much like we were told "You are free to submit any or as much evidence as you like" They wont say specifically what they want.. If that was the case, they would have noted that in the blue slip... It doesnt hurt to ask a question of the CSR at the consulate, but dont be surprised if you get brushed off as they are too busy to deal with us for the most part.

If you are flying there now.. go to the consulate to get your presence logged into the case file.. You may get lucky and get a straight answer.. if not IMO at this point he needs to look back at what he presented already, and kick it up a notch.. Including affidavits from heighbors and relatives about the relationship.. any additional photo, document or bill showing them as a normal couple etc... At this point, it all depends on paperwork that was already submitted... If the initial filing and interview were that bad, the decision could already have been made.. just the standard delay tactic... if in fact its just a bad interview.. that can be overcome with some legwork...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I overreacted from what I thought I heard from what my fiancee said. She finally emailed me the exact blue slip. It is for the timeline, 10 year residence from me and her notarized.

It must have been a roller coaster of emotion in the last couple of hours, right?

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-130 Sent: 2010-04-02

I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-13

I-130 RFE: 2010-10-04

I-130 RFE Sent: 2010-10-08

I-130 Approved: 2010-10-25

NVC Received: 2010-10-29

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2010-11-09

Pay I-864 Bill: 2010-11-10

Receive I-864 Package:

Return Completed I-864: 2010-11-18

Return Completed DS-3032: 2010-11-22

Receive IV Bill: 2010-12-02

Pay IV Bill: 2010-12-03

Receive Instruction Package: 2010-12-28

Case Completed at NVC: 2011-01-11

Visa Received : 2011-04-30

Thank Visajourney! Couldn't have done without you guys!!!!!!

Timeline

I overreacted from what I thought I heard from what my fiancee said. She finally emailed me the exact blue slip. It is for the timeline, 10 year residence from me and her notarized.

So it said nowhere this:

Timeline

I was freaking out planning and thinking like what to do next. I was literally about to buy the airplane ticket when she finally emailed me the blue paper. I was so naive of all these assumptions of worse case scenario. Anxiety level was off the roof. Lost a few hours of sleep. But now things have return to normal.

So it said nowhere this:

Nowhere on the blue has that.

Timeline

I was freaking out planning and thinking like what to do next. I was literally about to buy the airplane ticket when she finally emailed me the blue paper. I was so naive of all these assumptions of worse case scenario. Anxiety level was off the roof. Lost a few hours of sleep. But now things have return to normal.

OK. It is much easier to help out now that we have the correct info. This is the standard when they want something and to wait. Just get the requested info and get it in to them. I think she should go early and turn the info in. The odds are that there may be a pink waiting.

Timeline

One question, how soon can you submit the information they requested? What are the next steps? Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This can be submitted anytime before the date provided on the blue slip but many say to wait for the date set..

They want to know because they have a question about who you live with and if you are in another relationship or provided false info.. Many times its because the search they did came up with info that contradicts what was provided...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

This can be submitted anytime before the date provided on the blue slip but many say to wait for the date set..

They want to know because they have a question about who you live with and if you are in another relationship or provided false info.. Many times its because the search they did came up with info that contradicts what was provided...

I don't know. It used to be pretty standard for them to ask for a couple of things to stall it seemed a few years ago and those two were just that timeline and maybe the list of relatives. It was rare back then to see them wanting the ten year residence. Now it seems they are always asking for the timeline and especially the ten year residence from both.

For the past ten years we have been telling everyone to make sure and do the timeline and do the front load with it that maybe they are evolving to change things so they can buy time they need for some reason. It may be best to advise everyone to not only do and have the timeline but make sure they have that list of relatives ready and make sure they do a ten year residence and maybe even front load with it and lets see where they evolve next.

welcome to denial world

CR1 timeline:

11/2008: submit I130

11/15/2008: case sent to CSC

06/02/2009: uscis approval

08/05/2009: interview-get blue slip request timeline

08/25/2009: submit timeline - get denial blue slip

Không có gì quý hơn độc lập tự do."

Tôi biết nó, thằng nói câu nói đó

Tôi biết nó, đồng bào miền Bắc này biết nó

Việc nó làm, tội nó phạm ra sao

Nó đầu tiên đem râu nó bện vào

Hình xác lão Mao lông lá

Bàn tay Nga đầy băng tuyết giá

Cũng nhoài qua lục địa Trung Hoa

Không phải xoa đầu mà túm tóc nó từ xa

Nó đứng không yên, tất bật, điên đầu

Lúc rụi vào Tàu, lúc rúc vào Nga

Nó gọi Tàu Nga là cha anh nó Và tình nguyện làm con chó nhỏ

Xông xáo giữ nhà gác ngõ cho cha anh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.