Al422

Domodedovo Terror Attack: Expedite for Russia?

89 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Perhaps if people read this comment, they will understand more where you are coming from That must've been incredibly difficult for you. I really hope you have a quick process so you can start your lives together.......

Thank you for your positive contribution to a very negative thread. (Yeah, I know I started it, but that doesn't mean I can't recognize it as negative. My apologies once more.)

And yes, I know there is a lot of anger here due to processing delays hitting 10 year highs, and sadly we often turn on each other because we are so stressed out from all of this. I am guilty of this too (probably more than a lot of other people).

People are worried, and genuinely so. They tell us 5 months at the start, but the real time back then was more like 3. Then it goes to 4, then 5, then they start moving the goal posts, and before you know it, 6, 7. Where does it end? This is not some electronic doodad we ordered online. This is people's lives. They have a right to be worried. When will I get there? Will I get there? Will my SO give up on me by then?

I know that last worry close up and personal. The last time I did this, back in 2004, my SO did give up on me. And back then, you got the whole magilla done in 3 months, embassy and all. She threw in the towel 3 days before her Moscow interview but never told me that she was giving up. She just postponed the interview two times, over my objection, and happily pocketed the money I sent her for things like English lessons, travel expenses, and the fee for her medical exam.

So in case anyone was wondering why I am in such a mad rush to get this done, now you know. Elena is a much different person than my prior SO and someone who I trust and love very much, but I trusted the one from 2004 as well. And while I refuse to consider any possibility that Elena would do such a thing, an experience as bad as the last one is a memory that just refuses to go away.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Wow.. can't we all just get along?

I know this year has been rough for many and people are getting impatient.. Its really not fair for anyone to be going through this, there is something definitely wrong with the system. Al, I kind of see where you are coming from. I really didn't think it was selfish of you to think the way you did, everyone just wants their noa2 quicker so they could be with the one that they love. That being said, my fiance is in the military and we sent in a expedite request not for deployment reasons but for something else, and we didn't actually think it would work, but it did, so stranger things have happened.

I am looking forward to the day that you get your noa2 so that you will finally be with the one you love. and the same goes for everyone else. In the end, we all just want the same thing, and that is to be with the one we love. I may have gotten my noa2 quicker but now he really is leaving for Afghanistan soon so its bittersweet as well. To think that I am leaving my family and friends behind only to be left alone for 18 months in the US. So look at it this way, a little more discomfort, a few more days/weeks/months of waiting and you will get your most awaited noa2s and it will all be okay. :)

I wish everyone the best!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

OH MY GOSH A NEGATIVE POST! :P

(Hi Al, I hope you're holding up okay. Another week has gone by so it's 1 week closer to your NoA2! Just wanted to say hi!) :)

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Perhaps if people read this comment, they will understand more where you are coming from That must've been incredibly difficult for you. I really hope you have a quick process so you can start your lives together.......

Just because he has been through a lot of sh*t and he now is desperate to get his NOA2, he still doesn't have the right to use this Terror-Attack as an excuse.

When he apologized, (appology accepted), he was only talking about how much bad times he has been through, but not about the terror attack he first seems to be so worried about his fiancee's safety. It just doesn't make sense to me. First it was the Russian Airport Attack, and now he said it's just because of the things he went thru.

Though, OP, I am sorry you had to go thru all that. But seriously, next time, just say this straight away instead of using the Attack first. That's why a lot of members, also me, felt offended.

:whistle:

Edited by Channah&Aaron

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Just because he has been through a lot of sh*t and he now is desperate to get his NOA2, he still doesn't have the right to use this Terror-Attack as an excuse.

When he apologized, (appology accepted), he was only talking about how much bad times he has been through, but not about the terror attack he first seems to be so worried about his fiancee's safety. It just doesn't make sense to me. First it was the Russian Airport Attack, and now he said it's just because of the things he went thru.

Though, OP, I am sorry you had to go thru all that. But seriously, next time, just say this straight away instead of using the Attack first. That's why a lot of members, also me, felt offended.

I fully agree. He could have just admitted he was scammed by his first K1 beneficiary and lost a bank load of $$$$$, and worried this K1 "Bride" might get tired of the wait and leave him too! What an ugly way to mask your fear OP, thru your anger and blaming the VSC and the TSP's. And all the while intentionally offending the VJ community! Great. Nice of you. I accepted your apology already but when I read your last post of 'what you went thru', it offended me all over again! So once more, it seems your song title hasn't changed, "It's all about ME!" :angry:

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I fully agree. He could have just admitted he was scammed by his first K1 beneficiary and lost a bank load of $, and worried this K1 "Bride" might get tired of the wait and leave him too! What an ugly way to mask your fear OP, thru your anger and blaming the VSC and the TSP's. And all the while intentionally offending the VJ community! Great. Nice of you. I accepted your apology already but when I read your last post of 'what you went thru', it offended me all over again! So once more, it seems your song title hasn't changed, "It's all about ME!" :angry:

Did I not make it clear already that I now understand this? You are right and I was wrong.

Enough, please.

Edited by Al422

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I fully agree. He could have just admitted he was scammed by his first K1 beneficiary and lost a bank load of $$$$$, and worried this K1 "Bride" might get tired of the wait and leave him too! What an ugly way to mask your fear OP, thru your anger and blaming the VSC and the TSP's. And all the while intentionally offending the VJ community! Great. Nice of you. I accepted your apology already but when I read your last post of 'what you went thru', it offended me all over again! So once more, it seems your song title hasn't changed, "It's all about ME!" :angry:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/terms

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Are you kidding me? You guys are getting "offended" by something that a complete and total stranger types on his keyboard and posts on a forum??? Seriously, if some of you have a problem with AI's posts simply Ignore or close the internet browser.

These are very very tense times for a lot of people, some of which are very close to me. Everybody just take a deep breath and step away from VJ if necessary.

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree.

Are you kidding me? You guys are getting "offended" by something that a complete and total stranger types on his keyboard and posts on a forum??? Seriously, if some of you have a problem with AI's posts simply Ignore or close the internet browser.

These are very very tense times for a lot of people, some of which are very close to me. Everybody just take a deep breath and step away from VJ if necessary.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Agreed.

And hey, we had the same interview date! :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Now why don't we agree to let this thread die.

I know I created it and I know I should not have done so, but despite doing everything possible to put it to rest, it just refuses to die. There is an endless supply of something to say but nothing new and nothing we don't already know.

So instead of beating a dead horse, let's let this thread die and move on to more productive things.

Both service centers are now moving, so maybe we can all feel a little less tense, get our approvals and stop swiping at each other.

If a moderator sees this thread, please close it, since I don't seem to be able to do so on my own.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

just one more thing,terrorism does not have geographical boundaries,it can happen anywhere,even in the states.

ask the mods to delete or lock your threat,you can use the report this button in the bottom left

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Now why don't we agree to let this thread die.

Because the nail that sticks up gets hammered. Al, on this board, you stick up a lot. While I have appreciated some of your rants, please take this thread as a lesson on where that gets you.

Now, I am going to add my own two cents because with all your rants, I am thinking, 'Why not?'

I have been waiting longer than you for my NOA2. I have tried to wait patiently while maintaining all the love in my relationship (a nod to Baron and all his attempts to break people up that are frustrated by the wait). It's been hard to say the least. We have had a lot of arguments, off days and just plain depressing times. Today, we were rewarded with our approval. I have tried to channel all that negative energy into every positive outlet that I could. Some work, some don't but nevertheless, we made it. You can too. Take all that rage and do something with it instead of ranting on these boards everyday. The best thing I did was take a break from here and when I came back, VSC was moving again. Maybe you can do the same.

Now, one last comment about your post. I met my fiance for the first time in person right where this asswipe set off his bomb. I assure you, my first thought was not how to expedite my visa. I was fielding calls from my family who were trying to make sure she was ok. My only concern was for her and her sister. I get your frustration and I appreciate the fact that you see your mistake but FFS, take a yoga class or something.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thread closed at the OP's request

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.