Al422

Domodedovo Terror Attack: Expedite for Russia?

89 posts in this topic

All of your Topics, and most of your posts this past week have been notoriously obnoxious and wordy (imho). The only point I read, was the fact that you have been grossly obsessed with the TPS program and the Haitians! OK WE GET IT! You are against their expedited Visas! That was yesterday's news! Now what? This topic has been very offensive to many as I stated earlier. Isn't it strange that the only common denominator is you and your bride weaved throughout the fabic sending a message, "It's all about ME"?

Here is a picture of what I've seen today and why I found your post distasteful. :cry: THIS IS WHERE MY GROOM IS! This has been going on all week! Now please, leave it. :crying:

Mari

Some people come on this site to be helpful and to be helped, some come on this site only to prove that their love is somehow superior to everyone else's.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Yesterday, January 24, there was a devastating terror attack in Domodedovo Airport in Moscow. 35 people were killed and dozens more wounded. The terrorist group responsible for this is still at large.

I do not want my bride to live in a country where there is an active terrorist group on the loose that made a mass strike in an airport she uses all of the time.

So since fiances from a country where you might get cholera all get expedites, why shouldn't fiances who are in danger of being blown up by terrorists get them too?

Let's hear from other VJ members with Russian fiances. How do we make this happen?

Emmm... aren't you from NY????

as1cHs-0g410510MDAwMTA1NHN8MDA5Njk4c3xXZVwndmUgYmVlbiBtYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

; It seems like you're using this terrorist attack as an excuse to expedite your case...

Such a selfish thing to think!! :bonk:

Some people come on this site to be helpful and to be helped, some come on this site only to prove that their love is somehow superior to everyone else's.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

It was an airport a public place wiht a massive amount of people trafficing by.

Can happen anywhere in the world,is tragic everywhere it happens. But you are just being overdramatic.Breath and sleep over it and you will realize there is much more in the world going on than your "Bride" being in jeopardy.Then let her use another airport. And having the Haiti Crisis being compared to this Aiport Scenerario is just sad.

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Good Heavens. I thought you were working on your other topic, RE: your letter. Now I'm seeing this post which very much annoys me.

You know what? My fiance is on at the USAF Base in Iraq. Just this morning he called to tell me there has been bombings in Baghdad and its not safe to travel. If its not safe, then military will NOT let the contractors off base to go home! And guess what?? I get to deal with it and so does he. That's the way it is. In fact, if we did get our NOA2 now, and he was scheduled for interview there is a very good chance he wouldn't make it because of situations such as this!!!

And while this is tragic in Russia,and SEVERAL OTHER COUNTRIES whom have been terrorized, there is not one day I don't worry he'll call me during our very limited 3 min phone connection before we lose signal just to say they're going to bunker and he'll call when its safe! That happened on Christmas Morning Al, and you have no idea what I went through for 3 days of silence until he called. And still, I don't get on the forum to whine and complain about it, or grab at straws for an expedited case file.

What you say here is a mockery of the US Govt. for attempting to use this tragic event of others and seeminly selfish of you to even think this is a way to get YOUR BRIDE here any earlier then the rest who wait patiently! Especially, for those who have remained calm, waiting for the day they see their [future] Husband or Wife come home from a war zone and knowing their life is on the line!

I think it was already stated by Bob and Jim that an Expedite is for the USC and it requires a hardship / emergency.

We didn't need this... it was offensive.

Mari

PS: Can you fly over to visit her?

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have but one objective and one objective only: To get my fiance here in the minimum possible amount of time. I am sorry if you do not like my tactics, but I do not have the luxury of worrying about what other people like or don't like. I have a job to do, and I am gong to do it. Anything to cut this hideous delay by any amount of time, even by one day, is something I will do without doubt or hesitation of any kind.

If it were not for this misguided TPS business, I would have had my NOA2 in early November, and Elena and I would now be looking at dates for her airplane flight. Instead, and because of this TPS business, we are not even past the first step and completion of that step is a distant dream, with not even the slightest and remotest clue as to when it might happen. Am I not allowed to be angry? Adjudicator time that I paid for and that I need to get Elena here was forcibly taken from me in the name of charity. Why doesn't the government raid my refrigerator too and donate my food to the poor?

This is my last post on this topic. If I am not allowed to be angry and express my anger over this absolute worst governmental decision since Jimmy Carter created the thermostat police in 1979, I will do here what I do in my offline world: Pretend that everything is just fine and hide the fact that I am ready to explode.

Happy now?

Edited by Al422

Filed: Country:
Timeline
If it were not for this misguided TPS business, I would have had my NOA2 in early November, and Elena and I would now be looking at dates for her airplane flight. Instead, and because of this TPS business, we are not even past the first step and completion of that step is a distant dream, with not even the slightest and remotest clue as to when it might happen. Am I not allowed to be angry? Adjudicator time that I paid for and that I need to get Elena here was forcibly taken from me in the name of charity. Why doesn't the government raid my refrigerator too and donate my food to the poor?

Where do you get the expectation of 2 months for petition approval? Sure there have been exceptions but you really shouldn't be counting on anything shorted that 5 months for petition approval. By your timeline you should expect NOA2 within the next month or 2 at the most.

Maybe your expectations are a little unreasonable and that is multiplying your frustration.

What happened in Russia was terrible, however, under the terms of your expedite theory probably 75%, maybe more, of petitions would have to be expedited.

I feel your pain,i have been there, but seriously find something that can distract you during this difficult time, and i don't mean spend your time fighting the system that's pointless, go fishing, write a book play a game anything that eases your mind for a while will help.

I spent so much time hiking in the hills during my wait and it really helped.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

While I would love to be with my fiancée quicker, I do not believe anything short of social anarchy caused by any number of things including natural disasters qualify for expedite. To suggest otherwise is to say that your petition is more important than all others. Everyone is at risk from terrorist attacks, and if you do not believe that then you need to review the tapes from 9/11. The type of expedite you wish for, do not wish for it because sometimes you get what you wish for, and trust me, the conditions in which an expedite of this nature can occur, you do not want.

James and Oksana

event.png

Traveled to Novosibirsk, Russia (thats in Siberia) over holidays

Engaged on ----------------- New Years

Send I-129F package ---- 1/15/2011

Package Received -------- 1/18/2011 10:13 AM signed for by J BRADSHAW

NOA1---------------------------1/20/2011

E-Notification of NOA1---- 1/24/2011 1:09 AM & check cashed, sent to CSC

Hard Copy NOA1------------1/27/2011

Surprise Visit Fiancée-----4/12/2011 - 4/18/2011 (see picture as she was shocked!)

NOA2---------------------------5/11/2011

Birthday Visit------------------5/18/2011 - 5/25/2011

VISA APPROVED!!!----------7/13/2011

Ohhhhhhhh my gawwwwwwwd.... I'm not going to sugarcoat what I have to say to you AL, as you continue to offend our Government, it's people and foreign nationals who are in tragic situations!

• Will you & YOUR BRIDE be booking flights thru that same airport you do not want her exposed to? Could you not comprehend how sensitive this subject is for many of us? Afterall, you did say, " Yesterday, January 24, there was a devastating terror attack in Domodedovo Airport in Moscow..........I do not want my bride to live in a country where there is an active terrorist group on the loose that made a mass strike in an airport she uses all of the time."
  • Your'e right, I don't like your tactics; they're annoying & objectionable due to being a showoff and the only pursuit I see you have is attracting undue attention to oneself.
  • You may not bathe in the luxury of what others think of you, but don't impose the rest of us to your junk either! Beneath anger is fear. What are you so afraid of??
  • Honestly, you sound like a 53yr old little boy who didn't get picked to play on the better team! Your last post? Good! Take your ball and go home!!! Come back when you get a postive attitude.
  • And as for your closing statement, "happy now?"...... What do you think?

By the way, your comment about our Military being expedited 'because they deserve it'? Even if we were offered such, my fiance, nor I, would take it because there are a bazillion other US CIVILIANS WE RESPECT and we will not cut in line to do as you say," Anything to cut this hideous delay by any amount of time, even by one day, is something I will do without doubt or hesitation of any kind."

Mari

PS: Grow up, Man up, and please sit still..... YOU GET TO WAIT LIKE THE REST OF US! You're appearing wet behind the ears!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

well, just like its inappropriate to use recent attack in Moscow for expedite - it was unclever to give papers to illegal haitians in the US, who 'lawfully' kept abusing the system untill Jan 18, causing backlog.

Thus I wouldnt be so "blind, wearing pink (no transparent at all) glasses" saving reputation of USCIS.

Edited by Milushka

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

well, just like its inappropriate to use recent attack in Moscow for expedite - it was unclever to give papers to illegal haitians in the US, who 'lawfully' kept abusing the system untill Jan 18, causing backlog.

Thus I wouldnt be so "blind, wearing pink (no transparent at all) glasses" saving reputation of USCIS.

Uh.... was that directed at me? Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I had to shine my 'rose coloured glasses'... btw it's not, "blind, wearing (no transparent at all) glasses".

But if you're insinuating I was saving the reputation of the USCIS, let me show you what it looks like from inside my glasses. I promise to be as transparent as I can, OK?

I don't think I've said one thing regarding my position on the TPS immigrants (Haitians), nor the backlog at the VSC in any of my posts on this thread.

I said it was extremely insensitive and selfish of the OP to [attempt to] use a tragic incident to gain approval on a K-1 expedite for his fiance. To use such is an absolute mockery of the US Govt & to those personnel who work in war zones and risk their lives for us, HERE AT HOME. What others have said and I agree with, is that the Expedite is for the USC and there must be a hardship / emergency to be eligible.

Is that clear enough? Crystal?

Mari B-)

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.