Al422

Domodedovo Terror Attack: Expedite for Russia?

89 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yesterday, January 24, there was a devastating terror attack in Domodedovo Airport in Moscow. 35 people were killed and dozens more wounded. The terrorist group responsible for this is still at large.

I do not want my bride to live in a country where there is an active terrorist group on the loose that made a mass strike in an airport she uses all of the time.

So since fiances from a country where you might get cholera all get expedites, why shouldn't fiances who are in danger of being blown up by terrorists get them too?

Let's hear from other VJ members with Russian fiances. How do we make this happen?

Then should they offer them to people from the UK, Spain, Ireland who have all been victims of attacks in the recent past?

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

There was also a bus explosion in the Philippines yesterday, so awful.

I honestly don't think there would be any harm in asking.

The only way to find out is to ask. Good luck Al.

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead".

K-1 VISA TIMELINE

30.09.10 - Filed I-129F

06.10.10 - Routed to CSC/NOA1 email

09.10.10 - Cheque cleared

07.10.10 - NOA1

14.10.10 - Touch

15.10.10 - Touch

16.01.11 - Applied for Police Record (NSW)

02.02.11 - Received Police Record (Took 17 days)

10.02.11 - Medical (Received results 6 days later)

22.03.11 - NOA2 (166 days/5.5 months)

25.03.11 - NVC Rec'd

29.03.11 - Left NVC

05.04.11 - Packet 3

05.04.11 - Returned Packet 3

11.04.11 - Packet 4 (Original interview scheduled for 10.05.11 - requested earlier appointment with success!)

12.04.11 - Interview APPROVED!

21.04.11 - VISA in hand!

26.04.11 - POE LAX

04.05.11 - Marriage

AOS TIMELINE

11.05.11 - Filed I-485/EAD/AP

14.05.11 - NOA1

27.05.11 - Walk-in Biometrics completed (originally scheduled for 10.06.11)

08.06.11 - Interview date notice received

11.07.11 - EAD/AP card production ordered (58 days)

14.07.11 - AOS Interview APPROVED!!!(61 days)

18.07.11 - EAD/AP card in hand (65 days)

22.07.11 - GC in hand!!! (69 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Expedite requires hardship/emergency on the side of the USC not the Alien Fiancé(e)/Spouse.

This. :thumbs:

Allowing your fiancee to obtain a visa to come to the US is a courtesy to the US citizen - not the foreign fiancee. They will consider an extreme hardship or emergent situation for the US citizen, but not for the foreign beneficiary. If you want them to consider an emergency for the foreign beneficiary then she should apply for asylum, refugee, or other humanitarian based visa to the US.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Inappropriate posts not suitable for the immigration forums have been removed. Please confine off-topic types of comments to the appropriate forums and not in the immigration forums. If you have nothing constructive or useful to add to the discussion, please refrain from commenting.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No. And where have you heard of expedites for K-1s in countries with cholera?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What you say here is a mockery of the US Govt. for attempting to use this tragic event of others and seeminly selfish of you to even think this is a way to get YOUR BRIDE here any earlier then the rest who wait patiently!

But the Haitians can use the earthquake to get expedites for themselves. What is the difference? Why is one country's tragedy a valid vehicle for expedites, but another country's tragedy is not. This is the point I was trying to make. I guess it was lost on a lot of people.

I have been and still am totally against the TPS program and any other form of large scale expedites for Haiti and any other country as well.

As for our service men and women, they should get an expedite because they earned it. But an expedite simply because you or your fiance live in a country that sustained a tragedy, no matter how large, is just plain wrong.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think you need to re consider your plans.

I can not see how you could consider the US a safe country for her to move to.

Presumably she would be flying to the US, going through a Russian airport, not a good option.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.