The_Dude

Taco Bell's 'Beef': Just 36% Actual Beef

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Taco Bell's 'Beef': Just 36% Actual Beef

– Its menus say “beef,” but its packaging cites “meat filling:" Taco Bell has been hit with a class-action suit over “false advertising,” WTOL-11 reports. Chock full of “extenders” and other non-meat items, the chain’s filling has no right to call itself beef, claims the Alabama firm’s suit. Taco Bell will “vigorously defend” itself, says a rep: “We deny our advertising is misleading in any way.” (He also, amusingly enough, refers to the Bell's menu as "Mexican inspired food.")

The product shipped to Taco Bell stores is labeled “Taco Bell Meat Filling,” but customers—not surprisingly—don’t see that. According the USDA, “beef” is “flesh of cattle” ... not water, “Isolated Oat Product,” maltodrextrin, or anti-dusting agent, all of which the filling contains, notes the lawsuit. Even to be called “taco filling,” the suit argues, the USDA says a product must contain at least 40% meat ... and Taco Bell’s product is only 36%.

Source

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I blame all the midwestern and east coast people. Stop thinking that Taco Bell is mexican food.

Filed: Timeline

According the USDA, “beef” is “flesh of cattle” ... Even to be called “taco filling, ... the USDA says a product must contain at least 40% meat ...

Wow. Big Government just won't give up, will it? The people of this country should boycott all restaurants other than Taco Bell and show the government that enough is enough!

Edited by \

Timeline

Wow. Big Government just won't give up, will it? The people of this country should boycott all restaurants other than Taco Bell and show the government that enough is enough!

People who think taco bell is mexican food should be rounded up and shot. The only acceptable excuse for eating taco bell is "Dude, it was 2:30 a.m., and I was drunk".....

People who think taco bell is mexican food should be rounded up and shot.

The way I see it, you'd be exercising your Second Amendment rights if you did that.

Of course, some big government type might waltz into this thread and say you shouldn't do it because it's "illegal". Well, any law that makes shooting Taco Bell fans illegal is unfuckingconstitutional!

Timeline

The way I see it, you'd be exercising your Second Amendment rights if you did that.

Of course, some big government type might waltz into this thread and say you shouldn't do it because it's "illegal". Well, any law that makes shooting Taco Bell fans illegal is unfuckingconstitutional!

As I see it, it is my 2nd amendment rights versus a market driven fact. You people have managed to make taco bell successful. The market has spoken, do I dare question it with a rifle? :unsure:

As I see it, it is my 2nd amendment rights versus a market driven fact. You people have managed to make taco bell successful. The market has spoken, do I dare question it with a rifle? :unsure:

We need to consult one of the wise men of VJ to resolve this quandary. Where's Charles? Or Some Old Guy?

Edited by \

Timeline

We need to consult one of the wise men of VJ to resolve this quandary. Where's Charles? Or Some Old Guy?

I dispute your experts, why must they be old? I think Paul would be the perfect mediator for this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I dispute your experts, why must they be old? I think Paul would be the perfect mediator for this.

:rolleyes: aj wins again.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Not really surprised about this beef thing. I used to like Taco Bell a lot as a kid and teen. Even though I liked actual Mexican restaurants better, sometimes Taco Bell was just a convenient fast food choice. But last year I couldn't even eat their "beef" anymore. I started getting really grossed out all of the sudden. They do have vegetarian options which are lacking at many places, which means we would stop there for some quick stuff and hubby could get bean burritos. I still don't mind having something there if I only pick the vegetarian options.

Should I insert something here about the 2nd amendment or big government now? Or about snobby eaters on VJ?

Edited by chri'stina

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline

Please fill this out Charles and your grievance will be addressed.

butthurt_report_form.jpg

when i experience it i'll let you know. meanwhile, you keep touting paul as your expert witness. :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

when i experience it i'll let you know. meanwhile, you keep touting paul as your expert witness. :lol:

Well Charles, he is a self taught constitutional scholar, as well as an avid people watcher.

Timeline

Well Charles, he is a self taught constitutional scholar, as well as an avid people watcher.

i'll see your scholar and raise you with aj, peer without peer.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *