bulon

Marriage License Requirements? Do you need SSN before you can get one?

4 posts in this topic

Hi to all...We are planning to get married on the first week of February in Las Vegas. Can we get marriage license there even though I don't have Social Security Number Yet? Help...thank you! When can we get the SSN? What are the requirement for a K1 Visa holder to get Social Security Number? thank you!

Hi to all...We are planning to get married on the first week of February in Las Vegas. Can we get marriage license there even though I don't have Social Security Number Yet? Help...thank you! When can we get the SSN? What are the requirement for a K1 Visa holder to get Social Security Number? thank you!

Welcome to the U.S.!!! :star:

Yes, you can get married in Vegas without having a Social Security number. Click here to see the State of Nevada rules for getting married.

When you have been in the U.S. for seven to ten days, go to your local Social Security office and get a Social Security number. Seven to ten days is enough time for you to be entered into their system.

If the clerk at the Social Security office gives you any trouble about qualifying for a Social Security number, ask to talk to a supervisor. As a K-1er, you are entitled to a Social Security number as soon as you are entered into their system.

You may want to read this document or this web site before you go to the Social Security office. :)

Have a great time in Vegas...and good luck too! ;) This coming June, Chinook and I are going on a road trip to Zion National Park, the Grand Canyon, Vegas, and Reno.

Vegas is one of the easiest place to get married in the USA. It is famous for it.

The County Clerk office to get a marriage license is open like 7 days per week and 12 hours per day.

The even have places where you can drive your car thru and get married inside your car, Drive Thru Weddings........

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.