coraliesolms

Job Interview

83 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just an update for me. I got a call on Thurs night from the recruiter saying he had forewarded my resume to his boss and believes that I have a good chance. He said he would call me back last night but didnt. Im not too concerned though, he always seems to call 2 days after he says he is going to. The guy that he is hiring for is a very slow decision maker and I guess Im just waiting for that.

Cross your fingers please guys!! If I dont hear back by monday I will email him quick.

I have my fingers crossed for you! Hoping you have good news this coming week :D

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Just an update for me. I got a call on Thurs night from the recruiter saying he had forewarded my resume to his boss and believes that I have a good chance. He said he would call me back last night but didnt. Im not too concerned though, he always seems to call 2 days after he says he is going to. The guy that he is hiring for is a very slow decision maker and I guess Im just waiting for that.

Cross your fingers please guys!! If I dont hear back by monday I will email him quick.

good luck!!! =)

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok heres a question... why in the world does noone take in person applications/resumes anymore? I decided that maybe applying

in person would give me a leg up on the competion out there as I have not had many interviews even with my daily applying. I

checked my local malls website and wrote down all the shops taking applications grabbed some resume and got dressed to impress

but when I got to the stores only one of them did in person applications the rest told me to apply online...err lol

Still no word from my interview from wednesday but she said she would be in touch next week

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

Ok heres a question... why in the world does noone take in person applications/resumes anymore? I decided that maybe applying

in person would give me a leg up on the competion out there as I have not had many interviews even with my daily applying. I

checked my local malls website and wrote down all the shops taking applications grabbed some resume and got dressed to impress

but when I got to the stores only one of them did in person applications the rest told me to apply online...err lol

Still no word from my interview from wednesday but she said she would be in touch next week

I ran into the same thing, I found that some of the smaller shops in my area would accept it but a lot of the larger shops or company type places only accepted online apps and also said DO NOT CALL US WE WILL CALL YOU.

It was really discouraging and shitty feeling when they never called, it took me a year to get a phone interview and a second interview with the place in person.. I ended up passing out around 30 in person and doing 40-50 online applications or emailing resumes from job sites.

I didn't ever think it would be so hard to get an interview let alone a job or even retail job. Canada is not THAT different!... I kind of think it has to do with the green card =/

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline

I ran into the same thing, I found that some of the smaller shops in my area would accept it but a lot of the larger shops or company type places only accepted online apps and also said DO NOT CALL US WE WILL CALL YOU.

It was really discouraging and shitty feeling when they never called, it took me a year to get a phone interview and a second interview with the place in person.. I ended up passing out around 30 in person and doing 40-50 online applications or emailing resumes from job sites.

I didn't ever think it would be so hard to get an interview let alone a job or even retail job. Canada is not THAT different!... I kind of think it has to do with the green card =/

I had a hard time finding a job in Canada too but i did after 8 weeks...here it is now 3 months of actively looking and I too believe it has to do with the greencard as I know that interviewers are always nice but When I interviewed at CVS the lady basically told me I Had

Job then she asked why I had Canada on my resume and I told her I moved her from Canada, she then told me she has never had any employee on a visa so she had no clue about what the process for having a job was... She never called and when I called back she never return my call.

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

I ran into the same issues. Every place was online and you just get stuck in this black hole of not knowing anything, theres no one to contact, and you have no friggen idea about anything. I've only had a total of 4 interviews in almost 6 months of looking, and one of those was set up by my temp agency so I don't really count it as my resume getting an interview. The other one was because they had a hiring event that I went to, so really only 2 were based on me sending my info in. It seemed that once I had the temp agency on my resume to show I worked down here that people weren't as scared to call me in, so I'm wondering too if its a greencard thing, that everything showing Canada didn't show on my resume that I wouldn't need any sponsorship or anything to work for them.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

We should make a work from home company and hire all the ladies on VJ that are having trouble finding work lol

:)

age.png

age.png

event.png

Lol.. that would be awesome. Im lucky that I do actually have a job. Im just not excited about it. Its just a job in a regular jewelry store, Im looking to move up into something more high-end and exclusive.

I got a phone call back today, and the recruiter said that he needs a bit more information. A letter of reference from my previous employer, as well as my personal sales statistics. I contacted the company and they will provide it next week (YAY for not burning bridges!!!) I told him I can provide my current statistics because the people I work for now do not know that I am looking and he seemed ok with that.

I should hear back in 3 weeks after that.. so heres hoping!

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

Cora,

I don't know why but I got a good feeling reading this thread. If you've gotten this far you have to assume you have a good chance. Typically employers and agencies won't go this far if they feel it won't pan out. Good hunting!

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Just out of curiosity ladies..While looking for a job, have you applied at any salons or spas? Being that I own one..I get ALOT of applications online but when someone walks in and hands me their resume...personally I like that they took that initiative..and I immediately can get a feel for that person. Salons are almost always in need of someone thats professional and presents them self well..Just a thought :yes: It could at the very least be a job to get you by until you find the job you really want

good luck!

S

AOS

02/25/08 sent AOS packet

02/26/08 packet received chicago lockbox

03/03/08 NOA(I-485,I765,I131)for daughter and myself

03/09/08 received biometrics appointment letter

03/25/08 RFE recieved for NOA for I129F(USCIS lost it! DOH!)

03/25/08 RFE sent

03/26/08 biometrics appointment(YAY!)

03/26/08 EAD touched(for daughter and myself)

03/28/08 EAD touch again!

04/03/08 RFE received case processing resumes

04/29/08 request AP expedited

05/01/08 AP sent out

05/02/08 case transfered to CSC

05/02/08 EAD card production ordered

05/05/08 EAD card production ordered again

05/10/08 EAD card received

05/16/08 AOS touched

05/18/08 AOS touched again!

06/11/08 AOS card production ordered!

06/16/08 green card received in mail!!

no more USCIS for almost 2 years!!

ROC

04/07/10 sent I-751 to VSC

04/09/10 NOA recieved

04/13/10 cheque cashed

05/17/10 early biometrics

06/29/10 card production ordered

07/10/10 card received

Timeline

Just out of curiosity ladies..While looking for a job, have you applied at any salons or spas? Being that I own one..I get ALOT of applications online but when someone walks in and hands me their resume...personally I like that they took that initiative..and I immediately can get a feel for that person. Salons are almost always in need of someone thats professional and presents them self well..Just a thought :yes: It could at the very least be a job to get you by until you find the job you really want

good luck!

S

In my state if you don't have an associates for the specific job at the spa/salon you don't have a hope in heck of getting an interview. Unless you apply for a receptionist job at the spa/salon. =/ Most salons here don't even have receptionists, the stylists book their own appointments.

Timeline

In my state if you don't have an associates for the specific job at the spa/salon you don't have a hope in heck of getting an interview. Unless you apply for a receptionist job at the spa/salon. =/ Most salons here don't even have receptionists, the stylists book their own appointments.

Ditto, have to have at least some experiance. I did apply everywhere that I had experience, stores...fast food etc, plus a lot of the salons and spa's here rent their chairs so I would have to pay to work at a job I have no idea about.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

I was talking about reception or salon retail..anything specialized in a salon or spa is licensed everywhere i would hope! :thumbs: oh well just trying to help! :yes: good luck in your job hunting!

AOS

02/25/08 sent AOS packet

02/26/08 packet received chicago lockbox

03/03/08 NOA(I-485,I765,I131)for daughter and myself

03/09/08 received biometrics appointment letter

03/25/08 RFE recieved for NOA for I129F(USCIS lost it! DOH!)

03/25/08 RFE sent

03/26/08 biometrics appointment(YAY!)

03/26/08 EAD touched(for daughter and myself)

03/28/08 EAD touch again!

04/03/08 RFE received case processing resumes

04/29/08 request AP expedited

05/01/08 AP sent out

05/02/08 case transfered to CSC

05/02/08 EAD card production ordered

05/05/08 EAD card production ordered again

05/10/08 EAD card received

05/16/08 AOS touched

05/18/08 AOS touched again!

06/11/08 AOS card production ordered!

06/16/08 green card received in mail!!

no more USCIS for almost 2 years!!

ROC

04/07/10 sent I-751 to VSC

04/09/10 NOA recieved

04/13/10 cheque cashed

05/17/10 early biometrics

06/29/10 card production ordered

07/10/10 card received

Timeline

I was talking about reception or salon retail..anything specialized in a salon or spa is licensed everywhere i would hope! :thumbs: oh well just trying to help! :yes: good luck in your job hunting!

I have to agree with the ladies above... All the salons around here do not have a receptionist, all the hairdressers share the Front desk or schedule their own appointments. Was still great advice.. I even applied at some gyms thinking I could do reception or sales but around

the sales people are the trainers so I would have to be a certified trainer... There went that idea lol

age.png

age.png

event.png

The recruiter I spoke to said that he has 100 resume's on his desk, and he is only dealing with those that emailed resumes to him and CALLED him afterwards. I guess it depends on the company. Jewelery is all about going out and finding customers and then making sure you follow up with them after a purchase, so I suppose thats what they were looking for in my situation. I am finding it harder here int he USA though. It seems you have to know someone who knows someone in the application department to even get a resume looked at.

As for being a permanent resident, the store I work for now was worried about that, and I told them outright that they would treat my SSN like anybody elses. She made a few phone calls to the IRS and then hired me. It is frustrating though, and I wish everyone on this thread the best of luck!! :star:

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.