Lisamarie

Contacting NVC

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So I guess it's a luck of the draw to get ahold of them, as I've called a zillion times and all I get is a busy signal. Is it because it's Monday, or is there another number? This is the number I have been calling: 603-334-0700. I'm trying to find out if they received our file and if there is a case number yet for us.

Thank you :)

Edited by Lisamarie

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

If you get their AVR, there are instructions for entering your USCIS receipt number. From there you will know if you have been assigned a NVC case number. Best time to try is 1 week after you receive your NOA2.

So I guess it's a luck of the draw to get ahold of them, as I've called a zillion times and all I get is a busy signal. Is it because it's Monday, or is there another number? This is the number I have been calling: 603-334-0700. I'm trying to find out if they received our file and if there is a case number yet for us.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

you can try this number also :

202 663 1225

Good Luck! and Never Give up!! :-)

Timeline

Ok, I don't get anyone or anything though, just a busy signal. I'll wait a couple of days because Monday might be a bad day, and we just received our NOA2 on January 18th. Thank you:)

If you get their AVR, there are instructions for entering your USCIS receipt number. From there you will know if you have been assigned a NVC case number. Best time to try is 1 week after you receive your NOA2.

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

Ok I'll do that tomorrow. Thanks! :)

try calling early in the morning when they start working 7;30 and 8;00 am put your phone on redail.

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

Ok, I'll try that now. Thank you!! No I'm not giving up, we've been through way too much for that....;) I've been calling non-stop. I'll try this other number and if I can't get through I'll try either at the end of the day or early tomorrow morning. :)

you can try this number also :

202 663 1225

Good Luck! and Never Give up!! :-)

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm with you! Same NOA2 date of July 23. I got a recording friday that said they were closed because of bad weather (snow storm) and today it's always busy! I wonder what difference it really makes anyway though. From everything I've read the documents should only stay there for a few days and then be sent on the the embassy overseas (Kiev in our case). When it arrives then we can schedule our appointment. I'll keep trying to call them but even if I talk to them I would assume that it won't really make any difference how fast it gets through their system and arrives to Kiev. Does that all sound correct? Thanks!

Timeline

Oh, maybe that's why it's always busy, because they were closed on Friday. You got your NOA2 on July 23rd??? We just received ours and I'm trying to see if we have a case number yet. I haven't sent them any documents yet because we are just starting with that office. From looking at timelines I'm guessing it will take 3-4 months if all goes well and we don't have any problems.

I'm with you! Same NOA2 date of July 23. I got a recording friday that said they were closed because of bad weather (snow storm) and today it's always busy! I wonder what difference it really makes anyway though. From everything I've read the documents should only stay there for a few days and then be sent on the the embassy overseas (Kiev in our case). When it arrives then we can schedule our appointment. I'll keep trying to call them but even if I talk to them I would assume that it won't really make any difference how fast it gets through their system and arrives to Kiev. Does that all sound correct? Thanks!

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sorry - I meant NOA2 of Jan 18, same as yours. (NOA1 was July 23.) The process is different in Ukraine. You don't send documents to them. You bring them to the interview. I guess every embassy can do it their own way. We need to know when the documents are received in Ukraine but I guess calling NVC won't make any difference for us.

Timeline

Oh, maybe it would be easier to call the embassy in Ukraine? I'm not sure. Maybe you can both call on your end and see if you can get some results. Good luck! :))

Sorry - I meant NOA2 of Jan 18, same as yours. (NOA1 was July 23.) The process is different in Ukraine. You don't send documents to them. You bring them to the interview. I guess every embassy can do it their own way. We need to know when the documents are received in Ukraine but I guess calling NVC won't make any difference for us.

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

Ours is a K1 so maybe there are a lot of differences in the process since I see that yours is I-130.

I used auto speed dail and tried relentlessly and got through. You can try an email but that takes two weeks. Just keep calling through the day. You'll get through sooner or later.

Timeline

I finally got through. They didn't receive it yet. He told me to call 15 days after the receipt date which was January 18th, so I guess I will do that.

I used auto speed dail and tried relentlessly and got through. You can try an email but that takes two weeks. Just keep calling through the day. You'll get through sooner or later.

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

It's almost always busy! If you just want to check the AVR, call after midnight (EST) when the call center closes. The number of calls to NVC seems to drop dramatically when there isn't the option of a person to talk to.

IR-5

• USCIS scan date - 11/07/2014
  • NVC scan date - 03/06/2015
  • NVC case complete - 08/01/2015
  • Interview scheduled - 09/14/2015
  • Interview - 10/08/2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.