zeezawrydan

AOS Interview Experience

25 posts in this topic

Congratulations!!!! I know that feeling!

Thanks!!! Congrats on yours too!! ;):dance:

N-400 Application

4/18/2016 (Day 1) - Package sent to Lewisville, TX

4/22/2016 (Day 3) - Received Package

4/25/2016 (Day 6) - $680 Cleared on credit card

4/29/2016 (Day 10) - Biometrics Scheduled

5/10/2016 (Day 20) - Early Biometrics (Walk in) Originally scheduled for 5/18 @ 2pm

8/16/2016 (Day 120) - Scheduled for an interview

congratulations!!!! :thumbs:

Thanks!! ;):dance:

N-400 Application

5/10/2016 (Day 20) - Early Biometrics (Walk in) Originally scheduled for 5/18 @ 2pm

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations you already passed your interview!! I just want to ask what documents did you present on the IO on your interview to prove your marriage? What are the questions asked? We will be having our interview on Feb. 3 and I am freaking out because we only have little documents with both our names including our health insurance and me as his beneficiary and as dependent in his 401k. We got married last September and the bank cannot process our joint account because I still don't have an ID with my married name except for my EAD. The bank didn't honor my EAD as an Identification and my state ID is still on process on the DMV. i hope you can help me. Thank you in advance. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Just want to share my experience about how my interview went today;

Our interview is scheduled for 11am. We were at the field office about 10.45 and was seated at the lobby at exactly 11am. in about 5 minutes my name was called by the officer conducting the interview. He was very nice! (Lucky us!) Before we sat down, He had us sworn to tell the truth nothing but the truth. Then we were seated and started the interview.

First, he explained as to what this interview is for then he asked questions after.

IO: Before I start asking you questions, I will need your passport and your I-94.

Me: I was freaking out because I forgot where I put my orignal I-94 but then the IO prolly saw me getting nervous so he said, (It's okay, it's not a huge thing I have a copy in my file, If you don't have it, don't worry about it.) I found it after digging through our recent boarding passes and everything! Thank goodness! LOL

IO: Were you married before you came here?

Me: Yes, We were married before we came here.

IO: Do you have any proofs like, Insurance, Tax forms or any financial statement or pictures? (We handed it to him and he went and photo copied the documents we gave him)

IO: So, where did you guys meet?

Hubby: We met online

Me: I nodded and smiled.

IO: of course, that's very common nowadays.. (with a smile on the face) :)

IO: Which website did you guys meet? (still with a smile on the face) :)

Hubby: Myspace :)

IO: Oh okay, that's good. So when did you start talking on phone? or do you use any other type of messenger?

Me: Yes, We used skype mostly and Yahoo.

Hubby: yeah, it's cheaper to use skype.

IO: That's true! everyone likes skype. haha.

IO: So how long did it take for you guys to meet in person?

Hubby: About 6 Months...

Me: Yes, cause I came here to visit him for a week in August 2009.

IO: Okay, That's good.

IO: Now I'm going to ask you questions about your I-485. (He confirmed if my name and address were correct on my I-485 form, He also asked me general questions about terrorism and felony and all that stuff.

IO: Sounds good, well you are already approved. because I approved you, obviously. (still smiling)

IO: You should get your Greencard in about 2-5 weeks or less...

The IO was very nice and explained everything about being a resident.. he also explained that he will be giving me a 2 year conditional status as we are married for less than 2 years. Than we would have to renes after 2 years and get the greencard changed to unconditional status. My husband, him and I talked and talked about a lot of things like culture and driving and how to become a citizen and all that.. .. All in all it was a very easy interview and it lasted for about 30mins. He congratulated us and shakes our hands and as we walked out of the office I let out a slight yell saying (WOOOHOO!!) I know! I am such a dork, the IO just smiled and typed away on his keyboard! :rofl:

NO IMMIGRATION TILL 2013!!!! YAY!! :):dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Im wishing everyone the best of luck! God never stop answering prayers,God is good all the time! May god bless you all! (L) (L) (L)

Cheers!!!!!!!!! :D

Congratulations you already passed your interview!! I just want to ask what documents did you present on the IO on your interview to prove your marriage? What are the questions asked? We will be having our interview on Feb. 3 and I am freaking out because we only have little documents with both our names including our health insurance and me as his beneficiary and as dependent in his 401k. We got married last September and the bank cannot process our joint account because I still don't have an ID with my married name except for my EAD. The bank didn't honor my EAD as an Identification and my state ID is still on process on the DMV. i hope you can help me. Thank you in advance.

&*YAY* ....and another one saying congrats to you two!!!! Makes me look forward to my appointment next week, though, still excited and nervous giggle... 2 years without worrying about any I-forms for you :)

10/13/2010 - Mailed in The Package (AOS, I-765, I-130)

10/17/2010 - USPS confirms delivery to USCIS

10/25/2010 - Check cashed

10/26/2010 - All applications been worked on aka touched

10/28/2010 - NOA1 Receipts for applications received

11/24/2010 - Received appointment for biometrics in the mail for 12/17 *yay*

12/17/2010 - 9.25 a.m. - 9.45 a.m. Biometrics done !!

12/23/2010 - EAD Approved and Card on its way - Email notification received *yay*

01/03/2011 - WOOOHOOO ...EAD Card in Hand!

01/04/2011 - Oh boy....Received Interview Letter today - February 3rd is the day! :)

02/03/2011 - Interview scheduled 12:45 p.m. - out of there before 1:30 p.m. - further review

Coming home, checking for touches at 5:30 p.m. - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED !!!!

Thank you All on Visajourney for your inputs, experiences and thoughts!!!

02/09/2011 - Yup another e-mail saying that my card production was ordered.

02/10/2011 - E-mail notification "Approval letter was sent today"

02/14/2011 - Welcome Letter / Approval NOA and Card (separate envelope) received!!! :D

Late November 2012 (have to look up my receipts ;) - mailed in ROC I-751

12/12/2012 - NOA 1, status extension received

12/18/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter received

01/08/2013 - Biometrics done

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Just want to share my experience about how my interview went today;

Our interview is scheduled for 11am. We were at the field office about 10.45 and was seated at the lobby at exactly 11am. in about 5 minutes my name was called by the officer conducting the interview. He was very nice! (Lucky us!) Before we sat down, He had us sworn to tell the truth nothing but the truth. Then we were seated and started the interview.

First, he explained as to what this interview is for then he asked questions after.

IO: Before I start asking you questions, I will need your passport and your I-94.

Me: I was freaking out because I forgot where I put my orignal I-94 but then the IO prolly saw me getting nervous so he said, (It's okay, it's not a huge thing I have a copy in my file, If you don't have it, don't worry about it.) I found it after digging through our recent boarding passes and everything! Thank goodness! LOL

IO: Were you married before you came here?

Me: Yes, We were married before we came here.

IO: Do you have any proofs like, Insurance, Tax forms or any financial statement or pictures? (We handed it to him and he went and photo copied the documents we gave him)

IO: So, where did you guys meet?

Hubby: We met online

Me: I nodded and smiled.

IO: of course, that's very common nowadays.. (with a smile on the face) :)

IO: Which website did you guys meet? (still with a smile on the face) :)

Hubby: Myspace :)

IO: Oh okay, that's good. So when did you start talking on phone? or do you use any other type of messenger?

Me: Yes, We used skype mostly and Yahoo.

Hubby: yeah, it's cheaper to use skype.

IO: That's true! everyone likes skype. haha.

IO: So how long did it take for you guys to meet in person?

Hubby: About 6 Months...

Me: Yes, cause I came here to visit him for a week in August 2009.

IO: Okay, That's good.

IO: Now I'm going to ask you questions about your I-485. (He confirmed if my name and address were correct on my I-485 form, He also asked me general questions about terrorism and felony and all that stuff.

IO: Sounds good, well you are already approved. because I approved you, obviously. (still smiling)

IO: You should get your Greencard in about 2-5 weeks or less...

The IO was very nice and explained everything about being a resident.. he also explained that he will be giving me a 2 year conditional status as we are married for less than 2 years. Than we would have to renes after 2 years and get the greencard changed to unconditional status. My husband, him and I talked and talked about a lot of things like culture and driving and how to become a citizen and all that.. .. All in all it was a very easy interview and it lasted for about 30mins. He congratulated us and shakes our hands and as we walked out of the office I let out a slight yell saying (WOOOHOO!!) I know! I am such a dork, the IO just smiled and typed away on his keyboard! :rofl:

NO IMMIGRATION TILL 2013!!!! YAY!! :):dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Im wishing everyone the best of luck! God never stop answering prayers,God is good all the time! May god bless you all! (L) (L) (L)

Cheers!!!!!!!!! :D

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Im happy for you.

Will be going to the same office on 1st Feb for my AOS interview. Praying for God's favour on that day.

Congrats again.

Congratulations you already passed your interview!! I just want to ask what documents did you present on the IO on your interview to prove your marriage? What are the questions asked? We will be having our interview on Feb. 3 and I am freaking out because we only have little documents with both our names including our health insurance and me as his beneficiary and as dependent in his 401k. We got married last September and the bank cannot process our joint account because I still don't have an ID with my married name except for my EAD. The bank didn't honor my EAD as an Identification and my state ID is still on process on the DMV. i hope you can help me. Thank you in advance. :)

Hi cucha!

the docs we gave the IO was bank statement both in our name and my hubby just filed his taxes including my name so we gave that one also. Pictures of our wedding and pictures with family and friends... and ofcourse the most important thing, the marriage certificate! ;)

I dont know why they wouldnt allow you have your married name. My hubby and I tried in BA and that was before I got my SS and EAD, they just needed my passport and our marriage certificate and they changed my maiden name to my married name. Try BA, some states are lenient as long as you have your passport.

If you need any other information just send me a message!!! Good luck on your journey! ;):thumbs:

congratulations on your approval,

Thanks kelly!! ;)

&*YAY* ....and another one saying congrats to you two!!!! Makes me look forward to my appointment next week, though, still excited and nervous giggle... 2 years without worrying about any I-forms for you :)

yay!!! thanks! and GOODLUCK TO YOU and your SPOUSE!! I know yall will ace it!

cheers

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Im happy for you.

Will be going to the same office on 1st Feb for my AOS interview. Praying for God's favour on that day.

Congrats again.

you'll be fine, Jacksonville office is the best Field office ever.They are very helpful and they will take care of you as long as your intentions are good! Im wishing you goodluck! let us all know what happens!

cheers

N-400 Application

• 1 year later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well today was my appointment at Baltimore. I am the AR and my husband is the USC. For 9.30am to be precise. There is a packing lot right next to the building ( 8 dollars before 9am and 10 dollars after then). Do not know if it goes up beyond that as I was only there during the morning. Anyway, we got in, went through security,( the interview is usually in room 103). On getting there you submit the letter that the uscis posts to you to tell you what you need to make sure you bring and the time of appointment, as well as the place where the appointment is. you have a sit and then you wait around till your interviewer calls you. Ours was a lady, and she navigated us to her room. Its more private in the USA. The door closes behind you, so its not an open area, where people can hear whats going on. She asked my husband and I to raise our right hand and swear all we going to say or answer to is true. Which we answered yes.

We got to sit, and she told me everything said would be recorded, there was a web cam as well.

her questions:

She went through the documents we submitted i.e i485,i130,i131. i think she used that to check if we knew both our names, and our date of births and all that. she kept marking and ticking once we got the answers right.

she asked my name, my husbands name, his dob, my dob, his parents name, have i met them before?, has he met mine before?,if so, what are their names?, where did i use to stay before i got married?, have we been married before?, any kids?, she asked all those NO questions on our forms, e.g like convicted, deported, terrorism ( you know those sort of questions which a lot of us click NO to), she asked where we both stay? we had to quote the addresses individually,she asked husband address of where he stayed before and before. She asked if we had any joint bank statements?/ house lease? ( we had so we gave her a copy of both), she asked for more pictures with people( they do not particularly want a lot with just us; they are more focused on making sure people know you guys are together), then she asked husband about how we met? and how he proposed? we had pictures (so she took those). she took about 5 pictures from the stash we had ( she took mainly ones with family and proposal pictures with friends). We also had car insurance documents with both our names ( she took that too).

She was looking at the time really (at some point I think she had made up her mind, but we were both carried away with our stories .

Eventually, we were done...

She told me she has approved the GC, told me its a temporary one for 2 years (90days before you must apply to remove the conditions and get a permanent GC).She said within a month or so, the green card would be sent to our address. She also said maybe by the time we both return for the permanent GC interview, we would have some kids. I just smiled.

We said thank you and she walked us to the door.

And that was it..

all in all, am so grateful for this site. It helped us tremendously. We filed in using all the guidelines directed by visa journey. Our process began on the 3rd of April and by July 19th, everything was sorted out. It really saved us the cost of getting a lawyer...

Anyway I will leave another note, when the GC comes out.

Hope this helps!!!

Edited by ETO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.