florinaRO

Consulate requirements for K1 interview in Romania

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hey guys, I was wondering about something. My boyfriend's uncle got me my plane ticket about 2 months ago with a departure date for the 7th of March, on KLM. I was just reading on the KLM site just now that the name on the ticket must be identical to the name on my passport. In my case, the full name as it appears on my passport and ID is Ciurea Rodica-Monica but on my ticket it's just Ciurea Rodica... Am I going to have a problem because of this? When he filled out the API (Advance Passenger Information), he did put in my full name, as on passport.

What do you think? He used his Flying Blue miles to get me the ticket (basically for free lol) and I understand that no changes are allowed.. Might the airline (KLM) not want to issue my boarding pass because my other first name doesnt appear on the ticket as it does in my passport?!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Yes, you need to go to one of the 3 medical centers approved by the US Embassy:

1. Mrs Mara Toma

Unirea Medical Center(They changed their address)

Address: Costache Negri nr. 1-5, Bucharest

Phone number: (004) 021 318 7740

Mobile: (004) 0724 299 331, (004) 0743 439 612

2. Mrs Felicia Titeica

Colentina Hospital - Clinica de Neurologie, Etaj 1

Address: Soseaua Stefan cel Mare nr. 21, Sector 2, Bucharest

Phone number: (004) 021 318 0600

3. Bio-Medica International

Address: Calea Floreasca nr. 111-113, Sector 1, Bucharest

Phone numbers: (004) 021 311 7793, (004) 021 311 7794, (004) 021 311 7795

You will receive the medical exam results in a sealed envelope that you should NOT open and will take with you at the interview!

The needed forms are (if I remember well):

I-134 affidavit of support filled out and signed by the US citizen

I-156 (2 copies)

I-156K

You should not sign these, as you will be asked to sign in front of the consular officer.

DS-230

You need to get a police clearance from every city you lived in (since you were 16 years old) for at least 1 year. The clearances are usually given the same day and the tax is 10 lei (+ 2 lei if you pay through the post office).

You should also have:

- a renewed letter from your fiance stating that he will marry you within 90 days (the same letter he submitted to USCIS when you guys applied, but dated closer to the interview)

- your birth certificate (and copy)

- passport style photos

- any divorce papers (yours and/or your fiance's)

- copy of the NOA2

- copy of the file you guys submitted - I129f etc. (I didn't need it, but it's good to have it)

- lots of proofs of relationship

Good luck!

Hi I saw that you have so inf about every thing, pleas help me with somthing ?. The co today ask me for ( cazier in Ro) because I was in Constanta for 3 years. I submitet one but cazirul was only with my surname that I have now ( because I am married) they needed with 2 surnames even with my first that I had before. Is any way how to get a cazir online because I am not in Romania , and is that posible to get with 2 surnames? thank you so much if you don't understand my English ( very bad) I can explain you in romanian.

• 1 year later...

oh and you'll have to have all the supporting docs for I-134 (letter from employer stating the salary etc, copy of the last 2-3 tax returns, bank statements and so on)...but you'll only need to bring them with you at the interview.

P.S: police clearance is indeed "cazier"

Did the Romanian embassy ask for all those tax returns at the moment of the K1 Visa interview? Isnt it enough if i bring the last year`s tax return?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.