1HappyGuy

Another bombing in Moscow

67 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I remember asking my wife about Chechnya back in 2000. "Why is Russia even trying to keep Chechnya? It's just mountains and people who don't like them."

"Yes... but there is gold in those mountains!"

lol. :) A wise woman, you've got there.

It's the same reason the US is in Afghanistan. Gas, oil, and a quick line to the Caspian and China. Everyone knew what that those wars were all about when Chechnya first declared independence and Russia invaded right afterwards. Russia has invaded Chechnya three times now since the fall of the Soviet Union.

If you really believe that we are in Afghanistan for their gas and oil, you need to do some research on the country. Afghanistan is a very poor landlocked country with no access to the Caspian Sea or any natural ports. All gas or oil production would need to be shipped by pipeline through other countries, and as we all know, pipelines are really easy to steal from. As far as their agriculture, opium is listed as their number two product. So, considering most countries still consider that contraband to be destroyed, that doesn't seem like a reliable commodity.

As far as Chechnya, that is a problem that screams for a diplomatic solution but won't be seeing one anytime soon. Both sides are not willing to consider any type of compromise so they have this status quo of terrorist bombings and army retaliation. In the end a lot of people are going to end up dead. :(

If you really believe that we are in Afghanistan for their gas and oil, you need to do some research on the country. Afghanistan is a very poor landlocked country with no access to the Caspian Sea or any natural ports. All gas or oil production would need to be shipped by pipeline through other countries, and as we all know, pipelines are really easy to steal from. As far as their agriculture, opium is listed as their number two product. So, considering most countries still consider that contraband to be destroyed, that doesn't seem like a reliable commodity.

As far as Chechnya, that is a problem that screams for a diplomatic solution but won't be seeing one anytime soon. Both sides are not willing to consider any type of compromise so they have this status quo of terrorist bombings and army retaliation. In the end a lot of people are going to end up dead. :(

I'l tackle Chechnya first. "Diplomatic Solution"... Chechnya is an occupied country. The only solution is for the occupying Russians to leave Chechnya and go back to Russia. If the US was occupied by a foreign invader you can bet your ####### I would bomb the dog f**k out of whoever was occupying us.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/chechnya1.htm <---There is a map on there of gas lines, etc...also it goes into great detail in regards to the first Chechen war.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'l tackle Chechnya first. "Diplomatic Solution"... Chechnya is an occupied country. The only solution is for the occupying Russians to leave Chechnya and go back to Russia. If the US was occupied by a foreign invader you can bet your ####### I would bomb the dog f**k out of whoever was occupying us.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/chechnya1.htm <---There is a map on there of gas lines, etc...also it goes into great detail in regards to the first Chechen war.

You mean if someone took California you would try to stop them?

By what virtue does Chechnya rate the status of "occupied country"? When was it an independent of even separate country? Serious question.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I didn't have tome to read the whole thing, but it appears then that you would believe that the American "civil war" (it never was a civil war) was, as we were taught in Texas, the "War of Yankee agression" Correct?

And regarding the US, if California (or choose another state but not Mississippi or New Jersey) decided to seceed, you would not interfere?

Gary And Alla

Now for Afghanistan....and it all plays together with Chechnya, Orange Revolution, Rose Revolution, invasion of Georgia, strong arming Estonia, Iraq, etc.... and here's a quick run down of it. But it can be summed up in one word: Energy aka gas and oil. It's what makes the world turn and atm Russia holds most of the cards so to say. Do you remember when Russia turned off the taps to Ukraine a few years back and the rest of Europe froze ? Russia was able to make Europe shake in it's boots then. Europe is a energy eating pig and where does it get most of it from ... Russia that's who. Why do you think the US supported the Rose and Orange Revolutions in Georgia and Ukraine ? Do you really think we did it because we support freedom ? HA HA Western company's are still doing business with Belarus and it doesn't get much worse than Lukashenko. Afghanistan is in a key position geographically seeing how Russia just started pushing oil to China and now India wants some to. What the US wants is for India to get it's oil somewhere other than Russia, also the US doesn't want China to be dependent on Russian oil and gas...and that's where Iraq and Afhanastan come into play It serves two purposes....first off it's a boost to Europe sans the Nubucco line, and second it's bargaining power in Asia. You think that the US wants to see India and China...the two biggest economic powers in that region to be dependent on someone we don' trust ? It's one big game.

http://www.euractiv.com/en/energy/nabucco-pipeline-confirms-feeder-lines-iraq-georgia-news-497069 <--- Iraq and Nabucco line

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Afghanistan_Pipeline <--- Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Caspian_Gas_Pipeline <--- Trans-Caspian Gas Pipeline

caspianmiddleeastoilmil.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

I didn't have tome to read the whole thing, but it appears then that you would believe that the American "civil war" (it never was a civil war) was, as we were taught in Texas, the "War of Yankee agression" Correct?

And regarding the US, if California (or choose another state but not Mississippi or New Jersey) decided to seceed, you would not interfere?

Are you even serious with that question ? Better yet ask me what Russians and Chechens have in common ? Let's see now...ones a Turkic people who have a Turk language and are Islamic by religion, and the other is Slav who speak Russian and are Russian Orthodox (Christians). What did they have in common before Russia leveled Grozny ? Maybe the fact they were invaded by Russia time and again ...even being lucky enough to be deported by the thousands during USSR times. Or you could ask me why Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania aren't a part of Russia ? Or even Finland...I mean they were all part of the Russian empire. The Russian implants in Ukraine have more in common with Russia then Chechens. If it weren't the case, Chechnya wouldn't have fought three wars of independence with Russia over the past three decades.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

I don't buy the oli and gas arguments for being in Afghanistan or Iraq or anywhere else. Are you saying that we are actually taking that oil or gas or what? I've never seen any evidence of that. Instead it just seems like we are dumping huge sums of money (and lives) funding the wars. How exactly do we profit from that oil and gas?

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't buy the oli and gas arguments for being in Afghanistan or Iraq or anywhere else. Are you saying that we are actually taking that oil or gas or what? I've never seen any evidence of that. Instead it just seems like we are dumping huge sums of money (and lives) funding the wars. How exactly do we profit from that oil and gas?

Not necessary or even relevant if 'we' profit, as long as Halliburton and the likes and their paid political whores and cronies profit. That is why americans must die and our national debt must be ballooned!

Timeline

Are you even serious with that question ? Better yet ask me what Russians and Chechens have in common ? Let's see now...ones a Turkic people who have a Turk language and are Islamic by religion, and the other is Slav who speak Russian and are Russian Orthodox (Christians). What did they have in common before Russia leveled Grozny ? Maybe the fact they were invaded by Russia time and again ...even being lucky enough to be deported by the thousands during USSR times. Or you could ask me why Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania aren't a part of Russia ? Or even Finland...I mean they were all part of the Russian empire. The Russian implants in Ukraine have more in common with Russia then Chechens. If it weren't the case, Chechnya wouldn't have fought three wars of independence with Russia over the past three decades.

So to summarize...

Russia conquered this territory by force some many years ago, though the native people are not Russian or slav and have nothing in common with Russians. Right? So sort of like how we conquered Hawaii by force in 1898 and took over control of a place that had nothing in common with the United States (not even a border) by force.

we also took over control of the Philippines at the same time, another place with nothing in coomon and largely Muslim in population (parts of it are) that then fought a nearly constant war for independence (we called it an insurgency because it was us and we won so we get to call it what we want) and our occupation of them caused them to suffer and be invaded by the Japanese during WW2. Like that, right? Also Cuba, which we took over by force and Puerto Rico.

Of all those places, one is still a territory, two were given independence and one is a state.

Chechnya was independent, when? A long time ago. Russia took them over and controlled them for many years and then granted independence to some of the places it ruled at one time or another. Just as we have done. Some of the places it captured and was recognized to control (as we were recognized to control the Philippines and Hawaii)were allowed independence, such as the Philippines were in our situation and some were not, such as Hawaii.

If Hawaii were to begin a "war for independence" would it be right?

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
:ot2: Got here today, Domodedovo open with a lot of security. Not as much as I expected though. Everyone gets screened on entering the terminal now. The place where the bomb went off has some new construction in progress but you would never guess 35 people died there 4 days ago! The plane was only half full going there from Dulles. Nothing different other than that, that I could tell, I got waved through the green line in customs! Edited by james&olya

Timeline

That is why americans must die

:wow: Tell us how you really feel!

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Timeline

Not necessary or even relevant if 'we' profit, as long as Halliburton and the likes and their paid political whores and cronies profit. That is why americans must die and our national debt must be ballooned!

Basically correct. Have you noticed that the war continues and that the Democrat controlled congress never passed the legislation to defund the war like they did with Bush? They are all the same.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

With Iraq, the US can (eventually) establish an outpost in the Middle East aligned with US interests. Theoretically.

Первый блин комом.

So to summarize...

Russia conquered this territory by force some many years ago, though the native people are not Russian or slav and have nothing in common with Russians. Right? So sort of like how we conquered Hawaii by force in 1898 and took over control of a place that had nothing in common with the United States (not even a border) by force.

we also took over control of the Philippines at the same time, another place with nothing in coomon and largely Muslim in population (parts of it are) that then fought a nearly constant war for independence (we called it an insurgency because it was us and we won so we get to call it what we want) and our occupation of them caused them to suffer and be invaded by the Japanese during WW2. Like that, right? Also Cuba, which we took over by force and Puerto Rico.

Of all those places, one is still a territory, two were given independence and one is a state.

Chechnya was independent, when? A long time ago. Russia took them over and controlled them for many years and then granted independence to some of the places it ruled at one time or another. Just as we have done. Some of the places it captured and was recognized to control (as we were recognized to control the Philippines and Hawaii)were allowed independence, such as the Philippines were in our situation and some were not, such as Hawaii.

If Hawaii were to begin a "war for independence" would it be right?

So your saying the US invaded Hawaii during the last three decades when the Hawaiians ran us out of Hawaii. And then we bombed Honolulu and leveled it to the ground and then proceeded to set up a puppet government while raping, torturing, and butchering the Hawaiians ?

You know Gary I like most of your post on here...your funny as all get, but you seem to boggle the mind when your trying to compare Hawaii to Chechnya. It's obvious you don't know much on the subject...that and you seem to be clueless about Russians.

I live in Alaska...more villages here speak their native tongue better than they do English. It's like no other place in the US..not even Hawaii compares seeing how they don't have half the number of indigenousness peoples that we have up here. The Alaskan natives wouldn't even think of trying to succeed for the fact we don't treat them like #######. We feed them more Federal money than any other race and/or peoples in the US. We even pay to promote their language...sans the reason Eskimo's, Aluets, and Indians up here are more pro US than a lot of the white people living up here.

Russians are nothing like us. Russification is a Russian thing. Ukraine, Belarus, and the Baltics are prime examples of Russians being Russians. I won't say on here my true feelings in regards to Russia for the fact if I did I would receive a long time ban from this board. You want to know what most Eastern Europeans think of Russians...talk to a Fin, Latvian, Estonian, Hungarian, Romanian, or even a Moldovian...and I'm talking a real Moldovian, not one of those Russian implants living in Trans - Dniester.

Now it's pretty obvious that Chechnya wants their freedom. If you knew anything about those three wars in Chechnya, or what's going on there today you wouldn't have posted that what you did. Don't try comparing Hawaii to Chechnya....I mean give me a break.

And if you have the free time, ask yourself why the KGB ROC fights Ukraine tooth and nail in regards to getting their own patriarch. I have zero tolerance for Russian Derzhava. Russia is falling apart slowly but surely and there's no reason why they should spread their cancer to other peoples. They can GTFO of Chechnya anytime soon, or they can keep facing the results such as these bombings. No country in the world likes Russia other than Russified Eastern Ukraine, and Russfied Eastern Belarus. For the rest of the world they would rather hang themselves than to count on and/or trust Russia for anything seeing how the rest of the world, especially Russia's neighbors knows Russia only too well.

So you let me know the next time the US levels Hawaii pleas.

sigbet.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.