desi78

When will I receive my passport with visa.

26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nothing as of today either... I was forced to get in contact with our congresswoman Sue Myrick here in NC and see if she can help us. I am beyond frustrated that no one is willing to help us.

Desi78...we had my fiances interview on jan 12th and still nothing from montreal. Our DHL reference number still says "no information for this reference #" now almost 10 days later we have no new information. This is absolutly ridiculous. get ready to wait...its going to be awhile. we got approved and everything, we arent sure what is going on even after several calls to both DHL and the MTL consulate.

Just registering on the website today, I probably know the answer by reading above but just to make sure...you registered at a DHL in your home city and not the consulate city right?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes we registered in Brampton which is the closest city to Toronto. No one is helping and we are getting to the end of this patient road. Its absolute nonesense that we should have to contact the congresswoman at this point after being approved.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

IT seems the K1 visas in particular are taking longer than the CR1` visas

10/10/09: Married in Hamilton, Ontario :)

04/01/2010 : I-130 Sent

04/16/10 : NOA1 Issued (Hard Copy)

09/02/2010: File Touched Fingers Crossed

09/24/2010: NOA2 Approval!!!

• 161 Days since NOA1 - NOA2
    ------------------
    NVC Received File - 10/04/2010
    10/07/2010 Received Case #/Opted into Electronic Processing

• OPT IN EMAIL CONFIRMATION INTO ELECTRONIC PROCESSING RECEIVED 10/25 TOOK 18 DAYS FROM INITIAL EMAIL SENT
    • DS3032 Sent Following Electronic Proccessing Formats

10/15/2010: I-864(AOS) fee ($88) payment Received

10/18/2010: I-864 (AOS) PAID

10/20/2010: AOS package Sent via Email for Electronic Processing

10/22/2010: IV Bill Invoiced

10/22/2010: IV Bill Paid (Shown Paid Status 8/25/2010)

10/27/2010:DS Forms Emailed Via Email for Electronic Processing

01/06/2011: Sign in Failed

11/23/2010: AOS package review completed

01/05/2011: IV package review completed

01/06/2011: Case Completed (Received case complete Email VIA Electronic Processing)

01/07/2011: Consulate Interview Scheduled

Consulate

02/15/2011: Medical

03/04/2011: Interview

U.S

03/07/2011: POE South of Montreal US-CDN border

03/07/2011: Welcome Letter

03/24/2011: Green Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Mentioned it in another thread, but they were almost dead on with their prediction of a week. I got the call yesterday, picked it up today.

K-1 Visa Process

Total time between mailing of I-29F and recieving visa: 249 days (8 months, 4 days)

2010-05-27: Mailed I-29F

2010-06-07: NOA1; I-29F Recieved

2010-09-21: NOA2; I-29F Approved

2010-10-02: Recieved Packet 3 in mail

(5 week wait for police background check)

2010-11-26: Mailed Packet 3 through DHL

2010-11-29: Packet 3 recieved by consulate

2010-12-11: Packet 4 sent from consulate

2010-12-26: Packet 4 recieved and interview booked!

2011-01-04: Medical exam in Toronto

2011-01-21: Interview in Montreal; APPROVED!

2011-01-31: Visa recieved

2011-02-04: Fiance coming to Canada for visit before we leave

2011-02-07: US entry date!

Timeline

IT seems the K1 visas in particular are taking longer than the CR1` visas

No, I don't think so. Mine is CR-1. I'm still waiting.

I will point out that the "welcome letter" does say "within two weeks"...though I know Danielle is way past that point. I'll be at that point tomorrow. I will indeed contact the congresswoman's immigration liason person after tomorrow. The US consulate can't just take Canadian passports and lose them. That is not cool, and I think its uncoolness would be readily recognized.

Now, ask me whether I think 2 weeks is reasonable...I personally think it should be faster...though I wouldn't be so impatient at this point if I hadn't waited so long for an interview.

C/

Timeline

so it came in two weeks. Thats a lil longer than usual but still with in the time they said they'd get it back to you.

10/10/09: Married in Hamilton, Ontario :)

04/01/2010 : I-130 Sent

04/16/10 : NOA1 Issued (Hard Copy)

09/02/2010: File Touched Fingers Crossed

09/24/2010: NOA2 Approval!!!

• 161 Days since NOA1 - NOA2
    ------------------
    NVC Received File - 10/04/2010
    10/07/2010 Received Case #/Opted into Electronic Processing

• OPT IN EMAIL CONFIRMATION INTO ELECTRONIC PROCESSING RECEIVED 10/25 TOOK 18 DAYS FROM INITIAL EMAIL SENT
    • DS3032 Sent Following Electronic Proccessing Formats

10/15/2010: I-864(AOS) fee ($88) payment Received

10/18/2010: I-864 (AOS) PAID

10/20/2010: AOS package Sent via Email for Electronic Processing

10/22/2010: IV Bill Invoiced

10/22/2010: IV Bill Paid (Shown Paid Status 8/25/2010)

10/27/2010:DS Forms Emailed Via Email for Electronic Processing

01/06/2011: Sign in Failed

11/23/2010: AOS package review completed

01/05/2011: IV package review completed

01/06/2011: Case Completed (Received case complete Email VIA Electronic Processing)

01/07/2011: Consulate Interview Scheduled

Consulate

02/15/2011: Medical

03/04/2011: Interview

U.S

03/07/2011: POE South of Montreal US-CDN border

03/07/2011: Welcome Letter

03/24/2011: Green Card

Timeline

so it came in two weeks. Thats a lil longer than usual but still with in the time they said they'd get it back to you.

I still haven't received mine. We're now past the 2-week point. I do not understand why they would give me the welcome letter and everything and then put my case in administrative processing. They *told* me "about a week"; the welcome letter says "within two weeks"...now the operator at DoS is saying "administrative processing" and it will take however long it takes.

My husband contacted Nancy Pelosi's immigration liason yesterday.

:(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

raise yer hand if yer calling the DoS Hotline !!!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

raise yer hand if yer calling the DoS Hotline !!!

I did call. That's how I know I'm in AP. May I say that the operator was incredibly rude? She lecutred me on what she called "the correct way" of reading out a number over the phone (after I read out the case number). She insisted that I'd done it wrong and that I must learn to read each digit individually (I said "fifty-four," for example, rather than five four). She was very snippy and just wouldn't give that whole topic a rest! I was almost in tears.

I speak English perfectly; it's my fisrt language...and I speak for a living. You can be sure she has to deal with worse communicators than me on a daily basis. Why would she pick on me like that? It was SO RUDE.

And then she got irritated with me for asking WHY I might be in AP. She said basically that the case was being Processed administratively. Um, yeah. But what does that mean? It means, she said it's being PROCESSED ADMINISTRATIVELY. I swear, they are paid to *avoid* being informative!

Now, that said, I have in the past had nicer experiences with operators at DoS. But this latest one was very hurtful

C.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.