Luv my Boy

In the States on a K1 visa and still not married....

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If I was you I would save up your money and contact an attorney. I think your Fiancee has engaged in a loophole of human trafficing. He brings you over legally and then puts you into service at the restuarant. He delays to get you into an illegal status so now you are at his mercy and in many ways enslaved to his whim. From frauding you into his scheme he gets your companionship and discounted help at the restuarant. See a lawyer

While I thought the same thing could be happening, I am not sure what she would gain by doing this. Her problem for the moment is protecting her ability to any future in the US should there be someone else down the road. Even if she would be successful, still does not change the fact she is here illegally and if she does not leave soon will incur a HUGE penalty in the form of a ban. Her top priority should be fixing this situation by leaving or if he is still worth, marriage if he is willing.

James and Oksana

event.png

Traveled to Novosibirsk, Russia (thats in Siberia) over holidays

Engaged on ----------------- New Years

Send I-129F package ---- 1/15/2011

Package Received -------- 1/18/2011 10:13 AM signed for by J BRADSHAW

NOA1---------------------------1/20/2011

E-Notification of NOA1---- 1/24/2011 1:09 AM & check cashed, sent to CSC

Hard Copy NOA1------------1/27/2011

Surprise Visit Fiancée-----4/12/2011 - 4/18/2011 (see picture as she was shocked!)

NOA2---------------------------5/11/2011

Birthday Visit------------------5/18/2011 - 5/25/2011

VISA APPROVED!!!----------7/13/2011

While I thought the same thing could be happening, I am not sure what she would gain by doing this. Her problem for the moment is protecting her ability to any future in the US should there be someone else down the road. Even if she would be successful, still does not change the fact she is here illegally and if she does not leave soon will incur a HUGE penalty in the form of a ban. Her top priority should be fixing this situation by leaving or if he is still worth, marriage if he is willing.

Easier said and done leaving. But what if she can't leave? What does she do then? She might be stuck with no money, there has probably been tons of people who have been in this sort of scenario. I don't want to say anything hasty that may upset people, but is she a prisoner?

Then what? She may get a 10 year ban out of something that wasn't her fault. He (petitioner) has to be accountable for something, It's only fair in my book.

beach_1_001.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Isn't there a red flag as they haven't married yet? A K1 visa easily explains that you only have 90 days to marry once you enter POE or you have to leave. It's all fair and good filing the I-130 and I-145 once they marry but how easily will the USCIS approve it?

I'm sorry about your situation but I just have a feeling that your fiance is leading you on. I don't think he will ever marry you. It sounds like he just want a body to work in his restuarant. You said that you work seven days a week and you are the paying bills this situation stinks. I really don't think your fiance have your best interest at heart. Goodluck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The more time passes, the more convenient it becomes for him to have a worker, partial provider, and willing skin toy, which gives him total power to get rid of you easily the moment he feels like it.

Same thing I was about to say.

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Samoa
Timeline

Ok obviously she is in a bad situation but that can't be helped... it is what she is capable of now that she is in this situation.

DO NOT LEAVE THE COUNTRY....this is ONLY if you are ABSOLUTELY sure he is going to marry you. My husband was an overstay on a conditional residency and departed to his country....two and a half years later he is still not here.

If he will marry you then you are allowed to stay in the US while your application is pending. If you leave and you are married you will receive a 3-10 years ban which requires a waiver.

As for your personal situation...you may want to re-evaluate YOUR decision to marry him. He braught you here to work for his restaurant and play house, does he care about you enough for you to possibly get in trouble with your status....or is he just to young to even want this commitment.

He should have made this decision already.

If I could be anything, I would be a tear.

Born in your eye, Live on your cheek, and Die at your lips.

<3 --<--@

Marriage: 2008-10-15

Husband left w/o deportation:2008-10-22

I-130/I129f Sent: 2008-11-20

Interview Date: 2009-08-11

K3 DENIED Back to USCIS

Action to deny RFE: 2010-07-01

REAFFIRMED!!! :) : 2010-10-02

NVC Received 2nd time: 2010-10-14

Everything paid by: 2010-10-19

Sent DS230: 2010-11-23

NVC RFE received: 2010-12-17

Case Complete NVC:2011-01-03

Second Interview IR-1:2011-02-10

PUT IN AP!!!!!!

THIRD INTERVIEW: 2012-07-17

We were denied based on overstay, not misdemeanor conviction.

WE CAN FINALLY SUBMIT I-601 WAIVER!!

Submit I-601: 2012-09-29

Waiver Aproved:?

Visa Received:?

US Entry:?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I know you've may have heard this before, but your K1 Visa is not a "try before you buy" visa, it's a fiancee visa.. Your USC BF must take this responsibity to abide by the conditions of the visa as one thing, but more important in my opinion is what he's putting you through.. no one, has the right to play these kinds of games with someones life.. please be honest with yourself, is there a future here.. because if you find there isnt, you need to ask yourself if the risk you're taking worth it..

Edited by kennym

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I wouldn't give any kind of "ultimatums" to this guy any more.

He KNEW he was supposed to marry you from the very beginning, after all that's what a fiancee visa is about!Obviously he doesn't care or he doesn't have the maturity to care about marrying you as he is not doing anything about it plus he doesn't care about your status/safety in this country. His vague promises are just words, you need/needed mature, responsible decisions and actions!

I am sorry that I have to say this, but at this point I would just pack my things and leave the country. My pride would tell me to not live in the shaddow of this person anymore, hoping and praying that someday, somehow he would realize he needs to marry me. I would have enough courage to do that, as the world around would still have other options for me to explore. He is not the only man left on this planet. Oh, and don't worry, if a man really wants you back, he will come and get you. But for now, move on. Please.

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.