JohnSmith2007

House GOP Lists $2.5 Trillion in Spending Cuts

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

If that's what LegalAid does, I would agree with you. But they don't. Please re-read the description of what the agency does.

LegalAid helps people with criminal cases, not civil matters. I did read it.....

LegalAid helps people with criminal cases, not civil matters. I did read it.....

LegalAid does not help people with criminal cases. The public defender's office does that.

Here's the LSC link.

http://www.lsc.gov/about/factsheet_whatislsc.php

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

My opinion? It is a place to start. Will everything happen? No. Should everything on this list get cut? No. But it is a starting point and I applaud them for that. Of course that is just my opinion. I also think they should make a 10% accross the board cut in military spending as well. But again, that is just my opinion.

Timeline

LegalAid does not help people with criminal cases. The public defender's office does that.

Here's the LSC link.

http://www.lsc.gov/about/factsheet_whatislsc.php

I guess I was wrong about legal aid. I still support cutting it.

My opinion? It is a place to start. Will everything happen? No. Should everything on this list get cut? No. But it is a starting point and I applaud them for that. Of course that is just my opinion. I also think they should make a 10% accross the board cut in military spending as well. But again, that is just my opinion.

it's a partisan list, and not a very good one at that. Seems they want to selectively quit giving money to some nations, but not others, hmmmmmmmmmm.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

A bit off topic, but did you accept that job offer?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Much of this is not viable, ALC.

And are you impressed by them cutting their fleet of cars 20%. While they cut Federal Jobs? Many of which are held by veterans.

It's a starting point as Obama has cut little to nothing of note in two years.

Let's cut the Federal jobs and let chips fall where they may as veterans aren't guaranteed lifetime employment.

The disabled vets might take a hit because they have disportionate number in the Federal government.

http://www.gibill.com/news/veterans-jobs-transitioning-out-of-the-military-298.html

So, how many jobs would executing this list create? What percentage drop in unemployment rate would we expect from such plan?

You know, jobs being the #1 priority and all...

When was reducing the unemployment rate ever the #1 goal of the Obama Administration?

The job stimulus didn't reduce unemployment below the promised 8% target and the idea only government can jump start the economy by providing make work jobs is a very ineffective model when we don't have the money to blow anymore. A lot of the EU has embraced austerity measures why not this country?

Edited by alienlovechild

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

it's a partisan list, and not a very good one at that. Seems they want to selectively quit giving money to some nations, but not others, hmmmmmmmmmm.

It may be a partisan list, it may even be a less than good one. But at least it is a list. It is better than the massive spending hikes we have been getting. I think we should stop giving money to all other nations. We need to get our own house in order before we get into other countries business. It is time to stop trying to be all things to all people. That isn't what a government is for. When a government tries to be everything to everyone it ends up falling. History should tell us that.

A bit off topic, but did you accept that job offer?

What job offer?

Timeline

It may be a partisan list, it may even be a less than good one. But at least it is a list. It is better than the massive spending hikes we have been getting. I think we should stop giving money to all other nations. We need to get our own house in order before we get into other countries business. It is time to stop trying to be all things to all people. That isn't what a government is for. When a government tries to be everything to everyone it ends up falling. History should tell us that.

What job offer?

Looking at that list, I don't see a good start, or even a real start. I see a bunch of partisan selections to cut. Some of it I do agree with, but looking at that list, it reads like a partisan pet project list. In today's world, China is building research and development universities and centers, are we really going to start outsourcing all innovation to china now?

Both should be cut. All farm subsidies should go away IMO.

QFT +1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Only 12 trillion more to go!

I bet Global Warming is in there somewhere. :rofl:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Political hack theatre at it's finest. Budget saving list? No! Simply a shot at programs not meeting R's standards, which is to say programs not making the rich richer, or subsidizing big oil and/or the military industrial complex.

The list is a lovely FU to the poor. And will make a lovely Gooey Old Pr*** talking point in 2012 when rejected.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS