4Toms

I-130 Case Number Missing in USCIS Status Check?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Gurus / Fellow I-130 Filers,

I filed I-130 for my spouse in late October at the Chicago Lockbox facility. Received email with case number (CSC) and received the NOA1 as well. However, since then I have tried checking my case status online several times and till todate , it says Case is not in the system. In late December, I contacted USCIS Customer Service and spoke to an IIO. He took my case details and verified that the case is in the system and currently being processed at CSC. He mentioned that the case number is not in the system due to a USCIS error and there is nothing to worry about it.

Is there anyone else here who has gone through the same plight? If so, what to expect and how can I resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance for all your help/ insights.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A lot of people have gone through it, being able to check your case status online is not a requirement of the USCIS to follow it is a courtesy they give you. The bar codes are actually for THEIR use to keep track of your file so they do not lose it.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

A lot of people have gone through it, being able to check your case status online is not a requirement of the USCIS to follow it is a courtesy they give you. The bar codes are actually for THEIR use to keep track of your file so they do not lose it.

Thanks Inky for your response. Any idea how the case proceeds in such circumstances. Would it end up that case status will never will be available on the system even as they are adjudicated and approved?

Looking for insights from folks who has gone thru the same pain..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Thanks Inky for your response. Any idea how the case proceeds in such circumstances. Would it end up that case status will never will be available on the system even as they are adjudicated and approved?

Looking for insights from folks who has gone thru the same pain..

alot of ppl here can't see their status's online that filed in Nov and Dec ..including me..i have called twice and they said could take up to two months to be put in system or might not show up at all and only thing i will receive will be the Noa 2..or God forbid a rfe...so we on the Oct/Nov thread just keep each other informed about touches(for those that works) and any approvals we see...

Good luck with your journey :thumbs:

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

DS3032 ACCEPTED JULY 18, 2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

INTERVIEW DATE OCT 13, 2011

alot of ppl here can't see their status's online that filed in Nov and Dec ..including me..i have called twice and they said could take up to two months to be put in system or might not show up at all and only thing i will receive will be the Noa 2..or God forbid a rfe...so we on the Oct/Nov thread just keep each other informed about touches(for those that works) and any approvals we see...

Good luck with your journey :thumbs:

Thanks for the update ! Let's keep ourselves informed or if case status starts appearing online.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.