desi78

Interview on 21st, January, and found a couple of mistakes on completed d156.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For my fiance, English is a second language. Today I finally found the time to review her forms and realized that on D156, she made a couple of mistakes. For one, when asked her permanent address, she wrote her address, but my apartment number, I think that the consulate would understand this mistake. But the bigger one is where it was asked about her spouse, she said N/A, because she did not realize the fine print on that form. However, she did fill out her ex-spouse's info both on 156k and ds 160. Should we rectify the 156, and mail them a new copy with an explanation?

Will this effect her chances of getting the visa?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

For my fiance, English is a second language. Today I finally found the time to review her forms and realized that on D156, she made a couple of mistakes. For one, when asked her permanent address, she wrote her address, but my apartment number, I think that the consulate would understand this mistake. But the bigger one is where it was asked about her spouse, she said N/A, because she did not realize the fine print on that form. However, she did fill out her ex-spouse's info both on 156k and ds 160. Should we rectify the 156, and mail them a new copy with an explanation?

Will this effect her chances of getting the visa?

No, just bring some new forms to the interview and explain the oversight.

Myself, I was kind of confused with the forms since I'm engaged but was married previously. In some spots, things were about my fiance, others were for my ex. I understand forms pretty well and I still found it confusing. I'm sure they see it a lot. Misunderstandings on the forms aren't going to be a red flag. They might not even notice.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

No, just bring some new forms to the interview and explain the oversight.

Myself, I was kind of confused with the forms since I'm engaged but was married previously. In some spots, things were about my fiance, others were for my ex. I understand forms pretty well and I still found it confusing. I'm sure they see it a lot. Misunderstandings on the forms aren't going to be a red flag. They might not even notice.

:thumbs:

Nick (USC) and Amy (UKC)

03/08 - Met at University in Albuquerque, NM

08/08 - Back to UK for a few years of travelling UK>US!

10/10 - Wedding Day!

s88ndknc8v.png

USCIS

11/16/10: I-130 package mailed

11/18/10: Express Mail tracking shows delivered

11/23/10: Online banking shows check cleared!

11/26/10: Touched

11/29/10: NOA1 arrives!(dated as 11/18/10)

03/17/11: Touched

04/08/11: I-130 APPROVAL!!

141 days from NOA1 to NOA2

NVC

27/04/11: Emailed Choice of Agent form

~{gap as I spent the summer in England}~

03/11/11: Paid AOS and IV fees

04/11/11: AOS and IV fees shown as PAID

08/11/11: AOS Packet sent

09/11/11: IV Packet sent

18/11/11: RFE received requesting AOS packet (which had already been sent)

21/11/11: RFE received requesting 2010 tax return

22/11/11: Sent 2010 tax return

29/11/11: CASE COMPLETE!!!

26 days through NVC

EMBASSY

10/12/11: Medical @ Bentnick Mansions

30/01/12: Interview @ 9am [APPROVED!!]

01/02/12: Passport with visa inside, and medical packet arrive via courier

02/03/12: Flight to Denver!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had to imput a new address and occupation - I did it at the window, right before the interview. You can't really fix the online one - so make sure you tell them, and they might go into the computer and fix it for you. It shouldn't affect your visa - but might take some extra time! good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

day of the interview, they asked us to verify all the forms we had submitted with Pkt 3 to make sure there were no changes, so maybe it's easiest just to do it then. good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.