Kookie

hu? DNA Paternity Testing??

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

After a long and flustering time we finally got Sue's interview which was today, every thing went well till the end. It seems like we must provide a DNA paternity test to prove that I am my daughters father, before they will allow Sue to travel. Nice little bomb shell, no where in any of the paper work they sent or on any of the web sites dose it require a DNA paternity test for a CR-1 Spouse Visa which is what we filed for, my wife and I have been married for over seven years. Granted to main reason for us to leave Jamaica was for our daughter to attend school here. We did not even need a DNA paternity test to file for our daughters US citizenship, why now? and why where we not told of this before the interview...? The test is not cheap almost 800 US$, but we would of had it done before the interview if we had known. So now we have another step before my wife can travel and get our family whole again, after a year of frustration and dashed hopes.

Has anyone else had this dropped on them?

one year, three months, 24 days and we are one again. Thank you for the information.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yah, it happens in China a bit - but for different scenarios...

Note is different language between

'requirement on initial filing' and

'Visa Officer give you 221g with additional items ticked, on interview day'

Sorry for your news..

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yah, it happens in China a bit - but for different scenarios...

Note is different language between

'requirement on initial filing' and

'Visa Officer give you 221g with additional items ticked, on interview day'

Sorry for your news..

Get your head around the fact that a Consular officer can ask for just about anything they think they have a reason to ask for. There's no way you could have known in advance. Now you play the cards dealt you. It sounds like a very unusual request given the circumstances you disclosed but alas, we don't know the whole story.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

After a long and flustering time we finally got Sue's interview which was today, every thing went well till the end. It seems like we must provide a DNA paternity test to prove that I am my daughters father, before they will allow Sue to travel. Nice little bomb shell, no where in any of the paper work they sent or on any of the web sites dose it require a DNA paternity test for a CR-1 Spouse Visa which is what we filed for, my wife and I have been married for over seven years. Granted to main reason for us to leave Jamaica was for our daughter to attend school here. We did not even need a DNA paternity test to file for our daughters US citizenship, why now? and why where we not told of this before the interview...? The test is not cheap almost 800 US$, but we would of had it done before the interview if we had known. So now we have another step before my wife can travel and get our family whole again, after a year of frustration and dashed hopes.

I jus got SIF about two days ago. my dad is filing for me. NO dna was requested @ the USCIS or NVC stage and am terrified @ the interview i will b asked for one. He is my dad but styl, thats more Delay. like y not ask b4 the interview rather than @ the interview. i hope i dodge it someway, somehow.

sorry about the further delay & good luck man.

Timeline

I'm confused...are you a US Citizen and if this is your daughter and has an American Passport or Citizenship why would you have to file for the baby? She is a US Citizen born abroad?

I am a US Citizen, our daughter was born in Jamaica. My daughter has a American passport and Citizenship, also is currently in the States with me. Sue her mother and my wife is still in Jamaica. It is for Sue that we filed the CR-1 ( We did not know of the direct counsel filing to after I left), this why it is so confusing the need for a DNA Paternity Testing.

one year, three months, 24 days and we are one again. Thank you for the information.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am a US Citizen, our daughter was born in Jamaica. My daughter has a American passport and Citizenship, also is currently in the States with me. Sue her mother and my wife is still in Jamaica. It is for Sue that we filed the CR-1 ( We did not know of the direct counsel filing to after I left), this why it is so confusing the need for a DNA Paternity Testing.

Wow I would be confused to as why your wife's visa is contingent on your daughter's DNA test too then. So sorry you are going through this.

Timeline

Wow I would be confused to as why your wife's visa is contingent on your daughter's DNA test too then. So sorry you are going through this.

They are ruling out fraud on the part of the foreign spouse.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country:
Timeline
They are ruling out fraud on the part of the foreign spouse.

So if the DNA returns negative can they revoke the child's Citizenship?

Timeline

first let me say am sorry to hear about your dilemma, but yea i think it's standard for them to ask for a DNA for the child, my friend who is an american citizen had to get DNA done on all his 8 kids that were born here in jamaica before he could get them us citizen ship. and it turned out that one of the kid was not his. so the only way would be adoption if that happens in any case where the DNA is negative (to ansr ur last question) the child that was not his did not get her documents.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Marriage (if applicable): 2009-03-17

I-130 Sent : 2009-12-21

I-130 NOA1 :

I-130 RFE : 2010,11,06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2010,12,15

I-130 Approved : 2010-03-09

Interview Date : 2011-02-17 Submit Review

life is not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!♥♥♥

if god is for you who can be against you.

blue slipped!!

-- Second Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):

28/3/2011...APPROVED!!!!APPROVED, APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

We are not worried about the test coming out negative for so many reasons it is not a worry. My daughter already has her citizenship for them to revoke it would be a legal nightmare for them. We are working on the finical side of pay for the test now, might be a month or three but we will get it done. What else could we do?

Timeline

So if the DNA returns negative can they revoke the child's Citizenship?

Perhaps but the instant issue is the spouse's visa and yes, that can be denied.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Country:
Timeline
We are not worried about the test coming out negative for so many reasons it is not a worry. My daughter already has her citizenship for them to revoke it would be a legal nightmare for them. We are working on the finical side of pay for the test now, might be a month or three but we will get it done. What else could we do?

Just to be clear, I wasn't meaning to imply any such thing. I was just a question that came to mind out of curiosity.

FWIW, in a situation where the US Government did decide that Citizenship was given when it shouldn't have been I think the legal nightmare would be for the person who's citizenship was in jeopardy as they would need lawyers to file injunctions to prevent the government action whereas the government has lawyers on staff 100s deep.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It sound to me like an very usual request. I have never heard that DNA test of a child is needed to prove a spousal relationship. It seem like the consular officer is confused. DNA test is strictly voluntary . Consult an experienced attorney before you do anything,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Call your Senators office and have them make inquiry. THIS IS EXACTLY the kind of thing in Immigration processing that they can actually be of assistance with. Have them send them copy of the Consular certificate of birth abroad and the child's passport. Sounds like someone in the VISA window is EXTREMELY confused. It might save you some $$ and some time.

Edited by brokenfamily

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.