Obama 2012

City Of Arlington Tries to "Shame" People From Paying For Prostitutes..

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm strongly against suing city governments, but I hope one of these guys sues the ####### out of them for this....

They are seriously attacking prostitution like this? Why not post pictures of the hookers? Why just the Johns?

I still can't believe in 2011 we're worried about who the hell is selling their body to who for 30 mins...

----------

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Arlington-billboard-puts-customers-of-prostitutes-on-alert-112983844.html

ARLINGTON The faces flash every few minutes.

Thousands of people see them on the bright, electronic billboard on the Collins Street ramp off Interstate 30 the exit you take to get to Cowboys Stadium.

The sign shows the images of four men convicted of trying to buy sex in Arlington.

It's an in-your-face effort to use shame as a deterrent to an expected increase in prostitution tied to the Super Bowl.

Earlier this year, Arlington police trumpeted a campaign to do sting operations by calling sex services that advertise on the Internet.

Grapevine tried Arlington's model on Monday night, and prostitutes quickly showed up at hotels expecting customers.

"Three out of three phone calls, made arrests on them," said Grapevine police spokesman Lt. Todd Dearing. "We would have made more if the last one who showed up was not a juvenile."

Dearing said the sting led them to a 15-year-old runaway from Grand Prairie.

"I think if we had continued that night we could have gone all night and made arrests on every single phone call we made," he said.

Arlington police are not only setting up stings, they're calling adult services and leaving reminders that preventing prostitution will be a priority during Super Bowl week.

And if that's not enough, they hope the threat of public humiliation will put a lid on demand.

Edited by Paul and Vanessa

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Timeline

I'm strongly against suing city governments ...

No, you're perfectly fine with it as long as the people doing the suing are people you approve of.

For example, Arizona's SB1070 law allows people to sue cities if they feel the city government hasn't done everything it can to detect and detain illegals. Don't tell me you don't support that.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

No, you're perfectly fine with it as long as the people doing the suing are people you approve of.

For example, Arizona's SB1070 law allows people to sue cities if they feel the city government hasn't done everything it can to detect and detain illegals. Don't tell me you don't support that.

When I say 'sue' i'm thinking financial gain.

Suing for enforce policy is a compeltely different type of suit.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Prostitution being illegal is ridiculous.

Agreed. What is the difference between a prostitute and the woman who marries for money only. And don't tell me that doesn't happen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why not post pictures of the hookers? Why just the Johns?

Don't think the hookers would be shamed and the pictures are a free form of advertising in their profession.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Timeline

Why don't they put up billboards with pictures of any cop or politician that does anything illegal. Granted they would need a lot of billboards and to go through all the pictures would take awhile but why not do that?kicking.gif