Obama 2012

Republican Rule Day 2: Smackdown of the Democrats and Their Hatred of the Constitution!

38 posts in this topic

On a related note, the new Speaker also introduced a new House procedure. It is similar to the filibuster but is called a filiblubber.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

On a related note, the new Speaker also introduced a new House procedure. It is similar to the filibuster but is called a filiblubber.

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

:thumbs:

Liberals won't like this. They'll consider it some public religious ceremony and protest! :lol:

--------------

http://www.google.co...b086425183d79f9

WASHINGTON (AP) — And on the second day of Republican rule, the House reads the Constitution.

Those wondering whether the reading will be dramatic won't know until around 11 a.m. on Thursday, when volunteers will give voice to the seven articles and 27 amendments that make up the nation's governing document.

Republicans have made strict adherence to the Constitution a key tenet of their effort to reduce the size of the federal government.

Also on Thursday, the House is to take up its first spending cut measure, a proposed 5 percent trim in the budgets of leadership, rank-and-file member and committee offices. Republicans have estimated that this will save $35 million over the next nine months.

Whoops! GOP violates Constitution the day they read the Constitution

Two members of Congress forget to get sworn in, cast votes anyway

No, they didn't refuse to extradite some fugitive slaves. They just acted like duly elected Representatives without being sworn in!

The new Republican majority already committed a major boehner on the second day of the new Congress. Representatives Pete Sessions of Texas and Mike Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania were busy attending a fundraiserwhen all their colleagues were actually sworn in as members of Congress. So, whoops, they're not members yet. No biggies, right? Wrong! Because then they both showed up to work and cast some votes, in direct violation of our Constitution, which they then participated in the official reading of, on the floor of the House.

Sessions even chaired the Rules Committee while he wasn't a member, because in 2011, all jokes will officially write themselves.

Link to article.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Whoops! GOP violates Constitution the day they read the Constitution

Two members of Congress forget to get sworn in, cast votes anyway

No, they didn't refuse to extradite some fugitive slaves. They just acted like duly elected Representatives without being sworn in!

The new Republican majority already committed a major boehner on the second day of the new Congress. Representatives Pete Sessions of Texas and Mike Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania were busy attending a fundraiserwhen all their colleagues were actually sworn in as members of Congress. So, whoops, they're not members yet. No biggies, right? Wrong! Because then they both showed up to work and cast some votes, in direct violation of our Constitution, which they then participated in the official reading of, on the floor of the House.

Sessions even chaired the Rules Committee while he wasn't a member, because in 2011, all jokes will officially write themselves.

Link to article.

I guess they figured since the Presidents birthplace requirement was no longer an issue..... how important can the timing on swearing in be?

:lol:

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't proposed saving "at least $100 billion the first year alone" - the GOP has. Not just proposed but pledged. This is like pledging to run across America in a year's time and taking less than half a step on day one and then resting for the remainder of the week. Do the math: You'd have to add roughly 2,900 such "little somethings" to get to where they pledged to go. And you'd have to do that in the next 260 or so days. That's 11 such "little somethings" each and every day starting today running through September 30 and including every Saturday, Sunday and Holiday. Do you really believe that's going to happen? Do you really think that's realistic?

Man, I hope they come up with these kinds of cuts in spending but I just don't see it happening. They won in early November and had two full months to develop a strategy and present that strategy to the people. And this is all they can come up with after just having helped add some $900 billion to the deficit over the next two years? Who are they kidding?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/291776-house-gop-lists-25-trillion-in-spending-cuts/

(I don't agree with all of the proposed cuts, but you can't claim they aren't trying...)

06/18/10 Married

08/12/10 - Day 0 - Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 (USPS Express Mail)

08/13/10 - Day 1 - Delivery Confirmation at USCIS Chicago Lockbox

08/20/10 - Day 8 - Electronic (E-mail/SMS) confirmation of acceptance/NOA issued for I-130, I-485, I-765

10/09/10 - Day 58 - EAD (I-765) case visible online, others still not showing up.

10/21/10 - Day 70 - Spoke to 2nd-tier support, got a "referral" opened on the biometrics appointment (as in, why isn't there one yet?)

10/29/10 - Day 78 - Biometrics appt letter received (scheduled for November 18 in Alexandria)

11/04/10 - Day 84 - Successful Walk-In Biometrics at Alexandria, VA

11/04/10 - Day 84 - Email/SMS notice of "Card Production Ordered"

11/09/10 - Day 89 - Email/SMS notice of "Card Production Ordered" (same text, same everything, just a second notice)

11/12/10 - Day 92 - Email/SMS notice of "EAD Approved"

11/12/10 - Day 92 - Received EAD card in mail (same day as notification of approval, no other snail mail notices)

12/07/10 - Day 117 - AOS Interview letter received (scheduled for January 10, 2011)

01/10/11 - Day 153 - AOS Interview complete - verbally approved, but we're not believing it until the card shows up.

01/14/11 - Day 157 - Electronic (E-mail/SMS) notification of approval of I-485

01/15/11 - Day 158 - Received notice of I-485 approval in mail

01/18/11 - Day 161 - Received Green Card in mail!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/291776-house-gop-lists-25-trillion-in-spending-cuts/

(I don't agree with all of the proposed cuts, but you can't claim they aren't trying...)

Yes you can. Some of those do make sense, but at least half of them are partisan pet peeves. I don't see anywhere on that list a suggestion to defund the war, or to cut back on military spending. If they are going to make a symbolic list, they could at least make a good one, not a disingenuous list that will get vetoed. If they had the votes to overturn a veto, then I would give them more credit. But they don't.

Yes you can. Some of those do make sense, but at least half of them are partisan pet peeves. I don't see anywhere on that list a suggestion to defund the war, or to cut back on military spending. If they are going to make a symbolic list, they could at least make a good one, not a disingenuous list that will get vetoed. If they had the votes to overturn a veto, then I would give them more credit. But they don't.

Well, you can feel free to run for congress, coerce a majority, then post your own list.

Otherwise, just because they're suggesting things you disagree with doesn't mean they aren't offering options...

06/18/10 Married

08/12/10 - Day 0 - Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 (USPS Express Mail)

08/13/10 - Day 1 - Delivery Confirmation at USCIS Chicago Lockbox

08/20/10 - Day 8 - Electronic (E-mail/SMS) confirmation of acceptance/NOA issued for I-130, I-485, I-765

10/09/10 - Day 58 - EAD (I-765) case visible online, others still not showing up.

10/21/10 - Day 70 - Spoke to 2nd-tier support, got a "referral" opened on the biometrics appointment (as in, why isn't there one yet?)

10/29/10 - Day 78 - Biometrics appt letter received (scheduled for November 18 in Alexandria)

11/04/10 - Day 84 - Successful Walk-In Biometrics at Alexandria, VA

11/04/10 - Day 84 - Email/SMS notice of "Card Production Ordered"

11/09/10 - Day 89 - Email/SMS notice of "Card Production Ordered" (same text, same everything, just a second notice)

11/12/10 - Day 92 - Email/SMS notice of "EAD Approved"

11/12/10 - Day 92 - Received EAD card in mail (same day as notification of approval, no other snail mail notices)

12/07/10 - Day 117 - AOS Interview letter received (scheduled for January 10, 2011)

01/10/11 - Day 153 - AOS Interview complete - verbally approved, but we're not believing it until the card shows up.

01/14/11 - Day 157 - Electronic (E-mail/SMS) notification of approval of I-485

01/15/11 - Day 158 - Received notice of I-485 approval in mail

01/18/11 - Day 161 - Received Green Card in mail!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, you can feel free to run for congress, coerce a majority, then post your own list.

Otherwise, just because they're suggesting things you disagree with doesn't mean they aren't offering options...

You missed the point entirely. It's a fait accompli, they don't have the votes, they never will, and everyone knows it. The list is disingenuous at best. I guess I am just jaded about the two party system.