Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Applying for the CR-1 Visa while US Citizen is abroad

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

hi everyone,

my wife and i were married December 16 of this year and had planned to prepare and send in our application for the CR-1 Visa.

however, we recently changed plans to have her spend the next six months in England with me.

how would we go about preparing the visa while she's abroad?

would we just send it to the embassy in England?

would the process take longer than average? or shorter?

i've searched through past threads and cannot seem to find the answers we're looking for, if you have any insight to any of these questions or just advice about our situation in general, please don't hesitate to respond; we need all the help we can get! lol.

thank you,

nik :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The embassy requires residency in their jurisdiction for at least 6 months before you can file it at the Embassy.

You can always file it to USCIS in the states and wait out the process overseas.




OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...