ednurzph

DIvorced Conditional Green Card Holder

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all, i'm posting this because i need help regarding my situation. I came here last Decemver 2008 and got married to my wife. I received my Condtional GC last April 2009, now divorce process on going and my 90 day period to remove my conditions will be this comming January 22. I went to the atty and He said i need to pay $5k-$7k for him to help me, now i can't afford so expensive. I really need your advice and help. This is my story, my wife and live together from january 2009, we have one daughter and she gave birth last sept. 28 2009 so our daughter now is 15 mos. We have joint car loan, i gave her health insurances and we rent a room together. We established a real relationship but suddenly because of her mom she left me. And we file the divorced last Nov 1 2010 and now still pending here in hawaii. Please help me what the best thing to do for me to remove the conditions of my status.

ednurzph

Timeline

thanks for the reply... i will call the Court here in Honolulu to ask hows the status of the divorce we filed last November 1, 2010. Yeah i can show proofs that we really entered into a real marriage like my daughter who is now my inspiration and she the fruit of our relationship, the car that we loan together both our names are there, the health insurance and also the car insurances that i paid our names are there both, the Income Tax Return, letter from the landlord where we stayed, letters from our housemate, letter from my landloard, letter from our friends and pictures as well with my daughter. I know the Atty is really expensive and I can't afford it thats why all i need now is the final divorced decree. DO you know else what i need to send with form? please help me....

ednurzph

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

thanks for the reply... i will call the Court here in Honolulu to ask hows the status of the divorce we filed last November 1, 2010. Yeah i can show proofs that we really entered into a real marriage like my daughter who is now my inspiration and she the fruit of our relationship, the car that we loan together both our names are there, the health insurance and also the car insurances that i paid our names are there both, the Income Tax Return, letter from the landlord where we stayed, letters from our housemate, letter from my landloard, letter from our friends and pictures as well with my daughter. I know the Atty is really expensive and I can't afford it thats why all i need now is the final divorced decree. DO you know else what i need to send with form? please help me....

There's a pinned topic on divorce before removal of conditions:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/220094-divorce-before-removal-of-conditions-on-permanent-resident-status/

VJ also has a guide for filing the I-751 and supporting evidence:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

hi all i just wanna update you guys, we have already the divorced decree and she doesnt like to sign the final divorce decree unless im gonna give her allimony. And i consult my atty about and he told me i will let her file in the court, because it will cause me a lot of more money if i will file the allimony. Now, I'm already in the 80 days prior my GC expiration, please help me if i will send the application now or better wait till she sign??? we will have a court hearing regarding the child support on February 9 and after that my atty told me that we will file the final divorce decree in the court and they will call her to appear in the court why she doesnt like to sign the divorce decree which is she sign the application last November 1, 2010... I always pick up- my daughter everyday she spend 7am-2pm if im evening shift at work and she sleep overs if im off... i hope immigration will allow me to stay so that i can do my reponsibility as her dad... please help me and just stay there i will update you all the time after feb 9... thank and mahalo!

ednurzph

Timeline

Send the form eight away as said before and there is a check mark to ask for a waiver of the joint filing requirement due to divorce. The USCIS will receive it and they will take forever and you should have the divorce decree by then. Do it now as soon as possible. Jims post above gave a couple of links to read on the filing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Send the form eight away as said before and there is a check mark to ask for a waiver of the joint filing requirement due to divorce. The USCIS will receive it and they will take forever and you should have the divorce decree by then. Do it now as soon as possible. Jims post above gave a couple of links to read on the filing.

I don't understand the difference between the divorce decree you currently have in hand and the "final divorce decree" you're referring to, that requires her signature. If your current divorce decree is official, send your package right away. However, If it's not an official divorce decree, then send it to USCIS within a week or two prior to the expiration of your current GC. This will help you gain more time. befre they send you RFE asking for final divorce decree, should it take a long time to be issued.

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hi Guys!

My wife and I are living together again last March 27, 2011. She came back with me that day and we start living together again! From that day we are ok and so far no problem. Now we sent the application form the I-751 to remove my conditions last April 1, 2011 and the USCIS California received it last April 3, 2011 and they incash my check last April 6, 2011... Now we are still waiting for da NOA1. My Divorce and Imigration Atty will cancel the Divorce Decree Filed and as well as the Child Support. Any suggestion or any tips about Immigration if they still gonna interview us or do investigations about our relationship? We sent plenty pictures, joint honda civic 2009 loan documents, our health Insurance coverage from my work and also the joint car insurance. And also the birth certificate and marriage contract. And also some mails that our names are addressed together. Please give us more any advices what to do and to prepare. Aloha!

April 1, 2011 ------ Sent I-751

April 4, 2011 ------ USCIS Received Application

April 6, 2011 ------ USCIS Cashed Check for I-751 Fee

ednurzph

Timeline

Aloha!

Just came Home from work and my wife told me i got a mail from USCIS.... and yeah they sent me the NOA1 and its a one page of letter stating the receipt of my application fee for I-751 and also the letter states that i am extended for one year while waiting for my approval. So the question is i can go to USCIS Office here in Honolulu to get stamp in my passport? or better finish the Biometrics?

April 1, 2011 ------ Sent I-751

April 4, 2011 ------ USCIS Received Application

April 6, 2011 ------ USCIS Cashed Check for I-751 Fee

April 9, 2011 ------ NOA1 Received

----------------------------------------------------------------

ALOHA!

ednurzph

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

hi guys i have question? why it takes so long the biometric schedule? i check the others time lines some are only weeks after the NOA1 which is im goin to turn one moneth since i receive my NOA1... please help!

ednurzph

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Just to update you guys! I received a letter yesterday 05-27-2011 and it stated that my application is approved to remove my conditions. And i need wait 60 days to received my GC. Prior to that im gonna receive a pocket of what to do it says. So thankfull and Happy!

ednurzph

Timeline

hi guys i received my 10 Years GC yesterday May 31, 2011! Yehey.... No Biometrics taken due to card replacement when i lost my GC last July 2010 which still valid under one year! Mahalo!

ednurzph

Congratulations!

Married: 01/02/09

I-130 filed: 11/06/09

NOA1: 11/13/09

NOA2: 02/11/10

NVC received: 02/18/10

Case complete @ NVC: 04/14/10

Interview @ Montreal: 07/13/10 - Approved

POE: Sweetgrass, MT, 08/07/10

Filed for ROC: 07/20/12

Biometrics appt: 08/24/12

Congratulations!

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.