PattyS_Husband

After Bio, how long does it usually take to be approved?

10 posts in this topic

After the biomertrics and if everything is all well, how long does it take to have the GC approved? And after the GC approval, how long does it usually take to receive the 10 year GC? Please, take a look at my estimates within my signature. Thanks.

Pat's Husband

K-1 visa

Bogotá, Colombia

Interview Date :............2008-05-15, VISA APPROVED

Visa Received :.............2008-05-20

U.S.A.

POE Date :..................2008-08-30 Saturday, Miami FL (awful - more than 5 hours)

Wedding Date : .............2008-09-11 Thursday

AOS:

Interview Appt:.............2009-02-05

GC approved:................2009-02-05

GC arrived:.................2009-02-17 (END)

GC expires:.................2011-02-05**

Removing of conditions (ROC):

ROC will be filed with:.....CSC

ROC filing date:............2010-11-13 (ACTUAL SENDING DATE, SATURDAY)

ROC filing received by CSC..2010-11-15 (CONFIRMED VIA EMAIL)

ROC check cashed by CSC.....2010-11-17

ROC NOA date received:......2010-11-20

ROC NOA date printed:.......2010-11-15

ROC RFE dates(if any):......(none so far)

ROC Bio Appt Date(if any):..2010-12-22

ROC Interview Date(if any):.None

ROC GC approved Date:.......2011-02-16

ROC GC received Date:.......2011-02-22 (END)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I-751 can take up to 1 year to process from filing to approval, this is why the I-751 NO1 letter says green-card status extended for 1 year. If not approved by then you can visit USCIS info pass and get an I-551 further extending status.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think our timeline was fairly "normal".... although normal will vary depending on which local office you will have your biometrics at. We sent our package Sept. 11, our NOA1 was dated Sept 13, received our biometrics appointment letter about a week later with an appointment date of Oct. 14 (and this is where things can vary greatly depending on local office...some are backed up for months), and then our approval date was Dec. 23. However, we received the approval letter, card production letter and the actual greencard itself all within two days (and with no email notice, even though we had signed up for that) around Dec. 28-30. So the whole thing took about 3.5 months. The USCIS website says the standard processing time is six months, but I from what I see here on VJ, I think most people who submit everything correctly and with enough evidence see an approval in about 3 to 4 months average.

Hope this helps! Good luck with a speedy approval!

Annie

N-400 Citizenship

Sept. 13, 2011 N-400 sent to Phoenix Lockbox

Sept. 20, 2011 Check cashed

Sept. 23, 2011 NOA rec'd for N-400

Oct. 17, 2011 Biometrics appointment

Nov. 29, 2011 Interview - PASSED! 3yr anniversary not until 12/09/11

Dec. 13, 2011 Status update received "Oath Scheduled"

Dec. 15, 2011 Letter received with Oath date

Dec. 27, 2011 OATH! US Citizen

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

i would say around feb your approval time, did you get your new case number on the biometrics appointment letter, you can use that number to check your case status online if you register,

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Our timeline is very similar to Annie and Tim's. Filed for ROC in September, biometrics in late October, approval (no interview) 12/28, card received January 4. We probably received the card in the mail earlier, but we were out of town.

It seems to be taking much less time than in years past.

Good luck!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

I think our timeline was fairly "normal".... although normal will vary depending on which local office you will have your biometrics at. We sent our package Sept. 11, our NOA1 was dated Sept 13, received our biometrics appointment letter about a week later with an appointment date of Oct. 14 (and this is where things can vary greatly depending on local office...some are backed up for months), and then our approval date was Dec. 23. However, we received the approval letter, card production letter and the actual greencard itself all within two days (and with no email notice, even though we had signed up for that) around Dec. 28-30. So the whole thing took about 3.5 months. The USCIS website says the standard processing time is six months, but I from what I see here on VJ, I think most people who submit everything correctly and with enough evidence see an approval in about 3 to 4 months average.

Hope this helps! Good luck with a speedy approval!

Annie

Thanks.

Our timeline is very similar to Annie and Tim's. Filed for ROC in September, biometrics in late October, approval (no interview) 12/28, card received January 4. We probably received the card in the mail earlier, but we were out of town.

It seems to be taking much less time than in years past.

Good luck!

Thanks. I hope ours goes as well.

I-751 can take up to 1 year to process from filing to approval, this is why the I-751 NO1 letter says green-card status extended for 1 year. If not approved by then you can visit USCIS info pass and get an I-551 further extending status.

Thanks. I hope I don't have to go through all that road.

Pat's Husband

K-1 visa

Bogotá, Colombia

Interview Date :............2008-05-15, VISA APPROVED

Visa Received :.............2008-05-20

U.S.A.

POE Date :..................2008-08-30 Saturday, Miami FL (awful - more than 5 hours)

Wedding Date : .............2008-09-11 Thursday

AOS:

Interview Appt:.............2009-02-05

GC approved:................2009-02-05

GC arrived:.................2009-02-17 (END)

GC expires:.................2011-02-05**

Removing of conditions (ROC):

ROC will be filed with:.....CSC

ROC filing date:............2010-11-13 (ACTUAL SENDING DATE, SATURDAY)

ROC filing received by CSC..2010-11-15 (CONFIRMED VIA EMAIL)

ROC check cashed by CSC.....2010-11-17

ROC NOA date received:......2010-11-20

ROC NOA date printed:.......2010-11-15

ROC RFE dates(if any):......(none so far)

ROC Bio Appt Date(if any):..2010-12-22

ROC Interview Date(if any):.None

ROC GC approved Date:.......2011-02-16

ROC GC received Date:.......2011-02-22 (END)

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Forgive the ignorant question, but does the timing of the biometric appt influence the overall length of the process? We submitted in late November and have yet to get the letter with a biometrics appt. Does this mean it is likely to go beyond the 3-4 month period??

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Forgive the ignorant question, but does the timing of the biometric appt influence the overall length of the process? We submitted in late November and have yet to get the letter with a biometrics appt. Does this mean it is likely to go beyond the 3-4 month period??

I would suggest you call USCIS. You are over the 30 day window to receive your biometrics letter.

We had to call the other night and they sent an inquiry to our local office to find out what the hold up is since we are over the 30 day mark (maybe won't do much but at least I can pester them into thinking about our file!!)

K1
January 14, 2008: I29F Sent
May 20, 2008: INTERVIEW!!! (127 days)
September 27, 2008: Liam Arrives USA (POE LAX)
November 7, 2008: Wedding smile.png

AOS/EAD/AP
February 4, 2009: AOS Packet Sent
March 4, 2009: Biometrics Appointment
March 5, 2009: Case Transferred to the CSC
April 6, 2009: EAD/AP/AOS Approved
April 15, 2009: Received GREEN CARD!!!

Removing Conditions
January 5, 2011: Mailed I-751
January 6, 2011: I-751 received and signed for
January 11, 2011: Check Cashed
January 7, 2011: NOA date
January 14, 2011: NOA Received
February 10, 2011: Called USCIS requesting update (beyond 30 day timeline for biometrics letter)
February 14, 2011: Biometrics letter received
March 9, 2011: Biometrics Appt
April 6, 2011: GC Expirtation Date
June 24, 2011: 10yr GC Approved!
June 30, 2011: Received Approval Letter
July 12, 2011: 10yr GC received in the mail

Naturalization

December 31, 2013: Mailed N-400

January 2, 2014: Application received by Dallas office

January 14, 2014: Biometrics Notification

January 27, 2014: Biometrics Appointment

February 4, 2014: Testing & Interview Case Status

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yep, on my to do list for Monday morning. Thanks!

I would suggest you call USCIS. You are over the 30 day window to receive your biometrics letter.

We had to call the other night and they sent an inquiry to our local office to find out what the hold up is since we are over the 30 day mark (maybe won't do much but at least I can pester them into thinking about our file!!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.