Marty and Aileen

Marriage in Philippines

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I will be getting maried in the Phillipines in February. I believe I know the process and I will be there for 3 weeks. I need to go to the US Embassy to get an affidavit and then go to the province of my fiancee to apply for marriage license at the local registrar. I am wondering if my divorce decrees will need to be certified or will a copy of the decrees be acceptable? What other paperwork do I need to bring with me? Any other advice?

Thanks.

Please click the link below for information:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha009.html

Your birth certificate could be valuable also. You can bring it with you just in case. Your fiancee should get a Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) from the National Statistics Office.

My husband and applied for a marriage license at the Local Civil Registrar of the city where I reside. They asked us to fill up the license, pay and attend a pre-nup counseling and submit the previously mentioned documents as well as divorce decree and copies of mine and my husband's birth certificates. Then we had a 10-day waiting period. On the 11th day we had our civil wedding.

Hello,based on our experienced,if you are a widow you need a death cert,if you are a divorced you need a certified div dec copy,plus your birth cert,then capacity to marry from your U,S embassy.these are the papers you need at the local registrar.Good luck and Congrats!!

birth cert. and if you can get certified copy i would do it nothing worse than getting there and finding out you need it.. um 3 weeks should be enough time but you better be on the ball.. there is a 10 day waiting period .. but it is the phil so money can always solve time issues.. she needs more stuff than you like if under 21 parental consent if under 25 a letter of parental advice or something like that.. her birth cert from the nso any marriages by her divorce or death cert. um i think thats it... and money.

07-08-10 Married in Malabon City Philippines-

08-02-10 Husband went back to states-

08-10-10 I-130 NOA1 -

09-19-10 Last touch -

02-14-11 I-130 NOA2 -

03-09-11 NVC Recieved and NVC number -

03-09-11 Paid AOS fee and sent 3032 in email -

03-10-11 AOS fee marked paid -

03-11-11 Email 3032 accepted -

03-11-11 Sent AOS -

03-14-11 AOS Receieved and IV bill generated and paid

03-21-11 IV packet delivered to NVC

03-26-11 rfe(aos)

03-30-11 aos sent

04-08-11 sif..cc

05-12-2011 interview!!! i'msoanxious!!!

05-12-2011 visa approved :)

3-23-11 - 3-24-11 Medical

Passed!!! No problems!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Your profile says K-1, keep in mind marrying overseas will effectively kill the K-1 visa process.

Also note if you are thinking K-3, forget about it, NVC closes all I-129F (K-3) petitions when they receive both I-129F and I-130 together from USCIS. USCIS has been tying them together and sending to NVC for well over a year now. The reason K-3 was developed no longer exists, K-3 was a option put in place when couples were waiting a very long time for I-130 approval,the K-3 allowed entry to the USA to wait for I-130 approval, so that the couple could then return to home country for a spouse visa interview, or opt to adjust status. Since USCIS is approving I-130 before sending petitions to NVC, the reason (WAITING for I-130 approval) no longer exits.

Moving this to the regional forum since you are asking about what is needed to marry in that country.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

K1 issue not withstanding you need to have your wife check on requirements from her Civil Register. In my wife's town I had to supply 4 originals (certified) or 1 certified original and three notarized (by the city)copies of my divorce decree, Cenomar for both of us, and birth certificates for both of us, plus the Affidavit of ability to marry. Our waiting period was 12 days and they did not want to start the 12 days until we attended the pre-marriage class but decided to do so as long as we promised to attend later which was a God-send because the class was only offered on Mondays and Fridays.

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.