Gaelan and Joy

Biometrics done, now what?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi friends,

I just had my biometrics taken last week and wonder how long it will take for me to get the working permit (I filed i-765)? And also how long will it take before I can receive the interview appointment?

Thanks guys!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There really isn't a standard answer as the situations vary case by case. Generally, you can expect to receive the EAD about 6 to 8 weeks after the biometrics - but it could come faster or take longer. The I-485 can take between 3 months to over a year - both of those are extremes, however, so the average falls somewhere in between.

If you receive a notice that your file has been transferred to CSC, then that indicates you will likely not get an interview and will receive the green card directly in the mail Otherwise you will receive a notice that the file has been transferred to a local office where it will be scheduled for an interview. You can check the timelines of others who have filed and are being processed through your local office, as well as the time lines for others who have filed from a status other than a K-1 or K-3 to get an idea of an 'average'.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Unfortunately, there is no set timeline. Your interview date is dependent on your local office. Looking at your timeline, I'd imagine your EAD will be approved in about another month, but it's only a guess. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Now you wait again. :whistle: My wife did a walk-in biometrics, then we got nothing substantial until we received the appointment letter for interview about a month later. We didn't get her AP until three days before her interview; we got her EAD three days after her interview (after we already knew she'd been approved for her green card). See our timeline below. Every case is different, and a lot of it depends on your local USCIS office and their current workload.

Good luck!

AJ

Our Timeline (AOS from VWP with short overstay):

Day 00: 19 Sep 2010 AOS package (I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765) sent to Chicago Lockbox

Day 18: 07 Oct 2010 Biometrics appointment letter received for 29 Oct 2010 (dated 01 Oct 2010)

Day 19: 08 Oct 2010 Walk-in biometrics (took about 10 minutes)

Day 47: 05 Nov 2010 Received letter (dated 01 Nov 2010) for Interview on 07 Dec 2010

Day 68: 26 Nov 2010 I-131 TOUCHED: AP approved

Day 73: 01 Dec 2010 I-765 TOUCHED: EAD approved

Day 76: 04 Dec 2010 AP received

Day 79: 07 Dec 2010 Interview at 1 p.m. (took maybe 15 minutes): RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL!

Day 82: 10 Dec 2010 EAD received (dated 01 Dec 2010)

Day 83: 11 Dec 2010 "WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" letter received (dated 07 Dec 2010)

Day 90: 18 Dec 2010 GREEN CARD IN HAND! (dated 07 Dec 2010)

Day 000: 27 Nov 2012 ROC package (I-751) sent to California Service Center

Day 005: 03 Dec 2012 Received hard copy of NOA (dated 28 Nov 2012)

Day 244: 29 Jul 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received for 07 Aug 2013 (dated 27 Jul 2013)

Day 247: 01 Aug 2013 Walk-in biometrics (took about 25 minutes)

Day 308: 01 Oct 2013 Received approval notice for ROC (dated 24 Sep 2013)

Day 317: 10 Oct 2013 GREEN CARD IN HAND!

Day 000: 16 Sep 2017 N-400 filed online

Day 007: 23 Sep 2017 Biometrics appointment scheduled for 12 Oct 2017

Day 024: 10 Oct 2017 Walk-in biometrics (took about 10 minutes)

Day 059: 14 Nov 2017 Received notice that Interview scheduled for 19 Dec 2017

Day 066: 20 Nov 2017 Received hard copy of Interview notice (dated 14 Nov 2017)

Day 094: 19 Dec 2017 INTERVIEW (PASSED!)

Day 145:  08 Feb 2018 OATH CEREMONY

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

My status sounds like very similar with the case of someone above. I did walk-in biometric 2 weeks ago. I got an initial interview letter today but still not received EAD approval notice yet.

-Nov. 05: Sent packet to USCIS Chicago Lockbox with money order

-Nov. 08: USPS sent proof of delivery (3 days)

-Nov. 12: NOA touch

-Nov. 17: Called Customer Service for receipt number

-Nov. 20: Received 3 hard copies AOS, EAD, I-130 (12 days)

-Nov. 23: NOA touch

-Nov. 27: Received hard copy of Biometric appointment (19 days)

-Dec.10: Successful walk-in Biometric in San Jose, CA

-Dec.21: Biometric appointment - done 2 weeks ago

-Dec.21: AOS touch

-Dec.27: Received Initial Interview letter

-Jan.25: Interviewed-Card Production Notice after 2 hours later

-Jan. 31: Received Welcome to U.S letter

-Feb.3: Green Card in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.