danlevi24

intent to deny letter i-485

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi me and my wife got married on November of 2009

filed for papers in march 2010 we had our first interview august 2010 didn't pass

second interview October 2010 the officer had some doubts he gave us an intent to deny letter

30 days to answer the questions we didn't answered right, we sent the letter a month ago

somebody knows how long is it take until they give you an answer , what is the chances to get the green card after you get the intent to deny letter and what should i do if the officer denied the intent to deny letter.

thank you very much I'm in a Hugh mass I'm stressed out and it affects my day to day life in a way that it's beyond logic

please help me guys.

thank you very much and happy Christmas.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

filed for papers in march 2010 we had our first interview august 2010 didn't pass

second interview October 2010 the officer had some doubts he gave us an intent to deny letter

30 days to answer the questions we didn't answered right, we sent the letter a month ago

somebody knows how long is it take until they give you an answer , what is the chances to get the green card after you get the intent to deny letter and what should i do if the officer denied the intent to deny letter.

thank you very much I'm in a Hugh mass I'm stressed out and it affects my day to day life in a way that it's beyond logic

please help me guys.

Your situation is quite serious, and you've not provided nearly enough information for anyone to give any reasonable advice.

You could be denied or approved within days or weeks. Or, you could end up waiting more than a year for a final decision. It depends entirely on what problem the immigration officer is having with your case, and what (if anything) they need to obtain before making a decision. If the only thing they're waiting for is evidence from you then you can probably expect a decision reasonably quickly.

A NOID after the second interview is serious business indeed. In order to overcome this you should have responded with a flood of new evidence. If you've already given them pretty much everything you've got then your chances are probably not very good at all.

Now, would you care to go into more detail about your situation? Which one of you is the immigrant - you or your wife? What sort of visa was used to enter the US? How long after entering did you marry? What what the status of the immigrant at the time the AOS petition was submitted? What exactly happened at the first interview, what questions were asked, and what sort of evidence was presented? Ditto for the second interview.

Your answers to these questions will allow people to give more focused and educated advice. Your experience will also help other people who might be facing similar problems.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

they didn't asked for any evidence, just to explain why we didn't answer the questions right

they don't have some kind of a time-line?

the reason that i think that he didn't approve us at the first interview was both of us were extremely nervous after we heard all the horror stories so we were nervous throughout the whole interview

and the officer probably thought that were lying. I don't know

as far as I concern it's ridiculous that an officer can judge on a 15 min interview if it's legit or not.

there is someone in this forum that already gone through the proccess of answering the questions and waiting for an answer? please HELP!.

thank you.. merry Christmas

Filed: Other Timeline

If you want help, you will need to tell us the facts of your immigration story, at least to the extend Jim outlined, if not in even more detail regarding the interview. We would like to help you, and there are members on this board who are extremely experienced, but to this point we know very little about your case.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

they didn't asked for any evidence, just to explain why we didn't answer the questions right

they don't have some kind of a time-line?

the reason that i think that he didn't approve us at the first interview was both of us were extremely nervous after we heard all the horror stories so we were nervous throughout the whole interview

and the officer probably thought that were lying. I don't know

as far as I concern it's ridiculous that an officer can judge on a 15 min interview if it's legit or not.

there is someone in this forum that already gone through the proccess of answering the questions and waiting for an answer? please HELP!.

thank you.. merry Christmas

Again, your answers are too vague to give specific advice. You say they wanted an explanation for why you didn't give the right answers. What were the questions? What were the circumstances of the interview? Did they separate you and your wife and ask you both the same questions, and your answers didn't match? Or were these simple questions where the answers could be found on the documents you submitted? You're asking us to tell you what the heck is going on and how long it will take when we currently know a lot less about your case than you do. You're going to have to provide details about what has happened, starting with what kind of visa the immigrant used to enter the country, and when they entered. After that, tell us when the marriage occurred, when the AOS was submitted, what was the immigrant's status when the AOS was submitted, what happened at the first interview, what happened at the second interview. Try not to leave out any important details.

There is no "timeline". USCIS can take as much time as they need to make a decision. However, a NOID generally means they've already made a tentative decision, and they're just giving you one last chance to save your case. If you don't respond adequately to the NOID then I suspect you'll get an answer rather quickly, and it will probably be that you've got 30 days to voluntarily leave the US or be deported.

The majority of people have the same short interview you had, and they are approved. Either there is something about your case that the immigration officer found highly suspicious, or you were not at all prepared for the interview. 15 minutes is enough time for the immigration officer to make a determination in the overwhelming majority of cases.

There are plenty of people here who have gone through the process, and can give you an idea what to expect, but you need to describe your situation in much more detail first. Until you do, nobody can determine if they've gone through the same thing as you.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your aos. As to whether the io can determine the legitimacy of a marriage in just 15 minutes, the answer is YES. Don't forget that's what they do for a living. Now if some of the questions you couldn't answer were simple like: what is your wife's birthday, when and where did you first meet, how did your spouse enter the country, what are the names of your inlaws? etc. Then 15 minutes is more than enough for an io to make a decision. If you can give clearer details into what happened at your interview, we collectively could come up with some good answers to put you at ease a bit.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

What visa did you arrive in the US on?

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

please help me guys.

We received an Intent of Denial letter back in October. As soon as our lawyer submitted some additional evidence, my approval letter came 3 weeks later. Good luck! I think if they approve your case, the response should be fairly quick /4-6 weeks/.

• 6 years later...
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2010 at 6:14 PM, danlevi24 said:

please help me guys.

Hello there and I must admit that I have been following series of comments on this forum which gave me some insight to go through the Green Card process. Regarding the “intent to deny”, yes, it is troubling when you receive that kind of communication. My wife who happens to be the petitioner walked in the house one day after checking the mailbox with that kind of communication from USCIS. I was the beneficiary anyway. We were confused and started to wonder on where to start from. In the letter, the USCIS say they couldn’t identify the actual link between my wife and I and they were suspecting fake marriage for the sake of green card. It was really troubling. This letter came after closed to three years of waiting.

Initially we sat for the first interview and during that process, my wife was overly nervous which gives them the understanding that something abnormal was going on. Besides, my wife was older than me. After over a year, we were again asked to attend another interview with specific listing of items they wanted to see. Blessedly, we had basically all they requested for and we were prepared to answer all questions this time round and provide all the evidences. My wife even took little wine to avoid being nervous. When we arrived and presented the letter, an Immigration Officer walked to us to informed us that our I130 interview was postponed due to the ongoing citizenship interview and they were going to get back to us after rescheduling the interview.  We were disappointed and I personally took issue with the Immigration Officer to sign and date indicating that he cancelled our interview for that day. He and I went into some tough talk but my wife told me to be quiet and do just what he told us and we left. Waited for another six months before my wife again contacted the service request on the status of our case and their reply was our case was in queue for interview and nothing we could do but to wait.

My wife contacted the Ombudsmen to intervene and it was there our case was brought to light again. After another three months, we received a communication into our mailbox that the USCIS intend to deny my wife petition on grounds that she never had sufficient evidence to proof her petition. However, they listed over 18 different items that we could present in 30 days including my most recent medical which was another big expenses. The good news was that everything they requested for was in our possession for 10 months ago and we were only waiting for the rescheduling of the new appointment.

We compiled all these documents as quick as possible including my most recent medical and sent it by fedex before the deadline stipulated in the letter they sent us. Out of the 18 items requested, we had 16 and could not laid hands on the balance which was whether we had automobile in my name or my wife name. We didn’t do we left that space blank.

This time around, I fought to get the name of the Director and we mailed all the documents to him, with their letter they sent us. We also included the USCIS letter that kept us waiting and basically everything we felt could help us. As soon as they received our package and they went through it, just in about 2 days our case was approved and after three days I received my ten years green card in the mail box which led to celebration and early sleep. So the intend to deny is good and bad

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread from 2010 is now closed to further comment.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.