starsinsky

What should I do now?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I paid AOS fee on 12-5-10, and NVC confirmed that they received it. I also received an email from them about they received DS-3032 from me.So I logged on site to check out that I am able to pay IV Fee now. My question is I haven't completed Affidavit of Support forms yet because I am waiting to file tax of 2010. So what should I do now? should I go ahead to pay for IV fee or I need to complete AOS and send it out first before I pay off IV fee?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I paid AOS fee on 12-5-10, and NVC confirmed that they received it. I also received an email from them about they received DS-3032 from me.So I logged on site to check out that I am able to pay IV Fee now. My question is I haven't completed Affidavit of Support forms yet because I am waiting to file tax of 2010. So what should I do now? should I go ahead to pay for IV fee or I need to complete AOS and send it out first before I pay off IV fee?

You can pay the fees when they are invoiced or anytime after and send in the forms when you're ready, as long as the associated fees are paid and you've downloaded the cover sheets.

Why are you posting this in the K3 forum? You are not on the K3 path. The visa will be CR1 or IR1 depending on how long you've been married.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

You can pay the fees when they are invoiced or anytime after and send in the forms when you're ready, as long as the associated fees are paid and you've downloaded the cover sheets.

Why are you posting this in the K3 forum? You are not on the K3 path. The visa will be CR1 or IR1 depending on how long you've been married.

Be honest,I dont know what is difference between K3 and CR1 or IR1. I read some topics here that related to AOS, so I made a post here. Can I ask you one more question if you can help me out? After I download DS-230 form and fill out for my hubby,so I need to send it back to China to let my hubby to sign, and mail it back to NVC?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Be honest,I dont know what is difference between K3 and CR1 or IR1. I read some topics here that related to AOS, so I made a post here. Can I ask you one more question if you can help me out? After I download DS-230 form and fill out for my hubby,so I need to send it back to China to let my hubby to sign, and mail it back to NVC?

I would fill it out in PDF on your computer, then email it to him to print and sign in China. Then, yes he mails it back to you. Had you opted in for electronic processing through NVC, you could do this all by email and have him carry the signed originals to the Consulate. It's not to late to do that.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moved from K-3 to CR-1 forum as OP is on the CR-1 visa process now.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Thanks both of you for responsed my questions. After my hubby signs it, he needs to mail it back to me with all original documents / certificates to me which DS-230 requires? I am confusing from reading other forms about DS-230 , some of petitioners sent it with original certificates , some of them just sent out photocopies of all certificates. When I looked at Ds- 230 Cover Letter Template that says: Original and photocopies.So what should I get from my hubby after he signs Ds-230 Part 1?

Filed: Timeline

Thanks both of you for responsed my questions. After my hubby signs it, he needs to mail it back to me with all original documents / certificates to me which DS-230 requires? I am confusing from reading other forms about DS-230 , some of petitioners sent it with original certificates , some of them just sent out photocopies of all certificates. When I looked at Ds- 230 Cover Letter Template that says: Original and photocopies.So what should I get from my hubby after he signs Ds-230 Part 1?

DS-230 both parts, only part one signed, also all originals or certified copies of originals. Plus photocopies of

all the above.

NVC

12/06/2010 -- NVC Received

12/07/2010 -- AOS fee paid

12/10/2010 -- DS-3032 NVC Received

12/11/2010 -- AOS I-864 mailed

12/15/2010 -- IV Bill invoiced

12/16/2010 -- IV Bill showed as paid

12/16/2010 -- DS-230 sent

12/17/2010 -- DS-230 NVC Received

12/21/2010 -- Entered DS-230 into the system

01/10/2011 -- RFE for i-864 signature

01/11/2011 -- RFE NVC Received

01/13/2011 -- RFE entered into system

SIF - 01/31/2011 :) Thank God!

Case completed - 02/01/2011

Interview - 03/29/2011 Scheduled on 02/11/2011

03/29/2011 put on AP for two weeks

04/16/2011 POE JFK!

ROC

1/29/2013 Sent in I-751 package

2/2/2013 Received NOA1

02/08/2013 Received biometrics appointment letter

Filed: Timeline

Originals mean notarial certificates for marriage and birth?

Not notarized, they should be issued from authorities who issued originals.

Edited by art646

NVC

12/06/2010 -- NVC Received

12/07/2010 -- AOS fee paid

12/10/2010 -- DS-3032 NVC Received

12/11/2010 -- AOS I-864 mailed

12/15/2010 -- IV Bill invoiced

12/16/2010 -- IV Bill showed as paid

12/16/2010 -- DS-230 sent

12/17/2010 -- DS-230 NVC Received

12/21/2010 -- Entered DS-230 into the system

01/10/2011 -- RFE for i-864 signature

01/11/2011 -- RFE NVC Received

01/13/2011 -- RFE entered into system

SIF - 01/31/2011 :) Thank God!

Case completed - 02/01/2011

Interview - 03/29/2011 Scheduled on 02/11/2011

03/29/2011 put on AP for two weeks

04/16/2011 POE JFK!

ROC

1/29/2013 Sent in I-751 package

2/2/2013 Received NOA1

02/08/2013 Received biometrics appointment letter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.