universe.0123

I-130 Interview for spouse overseas

19 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I had interview today for my wife who is overseas. Interview went well but there was a problem. I was married in april 2002, with US citizen for 5 years and I got a green card in Aug,2005 (non conditional). I got divorced on 12th Jan, 2008. In interview she said I have no doubt about your marriage but do you have any documents proving your pervious marriage was bonafide. what should i do ? I dont have any documents that old. She asked me about taxreturns, bank statment and lease. I ordered bank statements and transcripts but dont have any other papers. We didnt have any assets.

That time I had insurance and all but I never saved those thinking I will never need them. I dont have pictures. I had submitted bank statements, tax papers, insurance , lease that time and officer told me that it should be in file and she will request it and take a look at those documents and send me desicion. Please give me input on this.

Thanks a lot.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

you dont have any pictures of you and your ex-wife? are you still on good terms with her? Could you get her to write an affidavit to testify that it was a bonafide marriage?

I imagine you'll be fine, as if they issued you a green card in the first place, that shows you went through all of the checks and they found no concerns!

Nick (USC) and Amy (UKC)

03/08 - Met at University in Albuquerque, NM

08/08 - Back to UK for a few years of travelling UK>US!

10/10 - Wedding Day!

s88ndknc8v.png

USCIS

11/16/10: I-130 package mailed

11/18/10: Express Mail tracking shows delivered

11/23/10: Online banking shows check cleared!

11/26/10: Touched

11/29/10: NOA1 arrives!(dated as 11/18/10)

03/17/11: Touched

04/08/11: I-130 APPROVAL!!

141 days from NOA1 to NOA2

NVC

27/04/11: Emailed Choice of Agent form

~{gap as I spent the summer in England}~

03/11/11: Paid AOS and IV fees

04/11/11: AOS and IV fees shown as PAID

08/11/11: AOS Packet sent

09/11/11: IV Packet sent

18/11/11: RFE received requesting AOS packet (which had already been sent)

21/11/11: RFE received requesting 2010 tax return

22/11/11: Sent 2010 tax return

29/11/11: CASE COMPLETE!!!

26 days through NVC

EMBASSY

10/12/11: Medical @ Bentnick Mansions

30/01/12: Interview @ 9am [APPROVED!!]

01/02/12: Passport with visa inside, and medical packet arrive via courier

02/03/12: Flight to Denver!

you dont have any pictures of you and your ex-wife? are you still on good terms with her? Could you get her to write an affidavit to testify that it was a bonafide marriage?

I imagine you'll be fine, as if they issued you a green card in the first place, that shows you went through all of the checks and they found no concerns!

I am not in touch with her, she was pregant by someone else, dont where she been for last 2 years.

Yes I had went through and got all docs but after that I didnt think i will ever need those. I had cleaned my files and

I dont have pictures cause my gf didnt like that I had pictures with my x. I think bank will send me statments from that period and gettting auto insurance proof too. Tax papers are pain cause they take too long. If USCIS people had already told me I could have all those ready by this time I had filed this case since 2009. The thing I hate most is this wasting everyone's time they already have those on file and other thing is that they could have informed me earlier, it was really stupid.

Edited by universe.0123

I am not in touch with her, she was pregant by someone else, dont where she been for last 2 years.

Yes I had went through and got all docs but after that I didnt think i will ever need those. I had cleaned my files and

I dont have pictures cause my gf didnt like that I had pictures with my x. I think bank will send me statments from that period and gettting auto insurance proof too. Tax papers are pain cause they take too long. If USCIS people had already told me I could have all those ready by this time I had filed this case since 2009. The thing I hate most is this wasting everyone's time they already have those on file and other thing is that they could have informed me earlier, it was really stupid.

Any legal people in here ? It will be great to get input from a lawyer.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Any legal people in here ? It will be great to get input from a lawyer.

No legal advice here. It's not allowed. If you want legal advice, hire a lawyer.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Ok not legal but advice anyone ? I m not gonna hold it against anyone. Just wann know what should i do ?

First, type in your next post EXACTLY what the notice you were given said, not your interpretation of it. Then we can evaluate and advise in a meaningful way.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In addition to the documents you have, maybe you can get a affidavits from family members and friend acknowledging that your previous marriage was legit. Did you go to church together? If so maybe the priest can give you a letter to. Or the priest who married you, if you were married in a church. I know these letters are secondary evidence, but I don't think it could hurt to send as much stuff as you can. Good luck.

In addition to the documents you have, maybe you can get a affidavits from family members and friend acknowledging that your previous marriage was legit. Did you go to church together? If so maybe the priest can give you a letter to. Or the priest who married you, if you were married in a church. I know these letters are secondary evidence, but I don't think it could hurt to send as much stuff as you can. Good luck.

To Mike

I didnt go to church, only sometime when big function. That time we were in midwest. I havent been there for many years. I can get affidavit from friends. I dont have any family members in US.

To Pushbrk

She didnt give me any written notice. In interview she told me that she will need evidence of my previous marriage being bonafied. ( I wasnt told or there wasnt any instruction on any forms that I needed to bring documents to prove my previous marriage after being citizen.)

I told her I had already submitted when I got my greencard.

She asked me

"Do you have any more evidence than whats in your file ? "

I told her no, cause whatever I can get at this time is already in that file like bank statments, tax papers , lease, insurance and pictures.

I wouldnt get my greencard in first place if it wasnt bonafied.

She told me that she will look in to my file and after that send me her decision.

Edited by universe.0123

Timeline

She told me that she will look in to my file and after that send me her decision.

Then, you wait. Unless there's an official request on paper, there's really no way to provide additional information at this time.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi there, I dont have any ideas for you on your interview results. But I wanted to ask you if you know why you would of had a interview if your spouse is over seas. The reason I ask, is because I was also transfered to a local frield office and my husband is still overseas as well. Transfer notice stated I would receive an interview date. Just curious.

Sorry for forgot to mention that usually I-130 get approved without interviews if the spouse is overseas. My case has taken an unsual route than most.

Hi there, I dont have any ideas for you on your interview results. But I wanted to ask you if you know why you would of had a interview if your spouse is over seas. The reason I ask, is because I was also transfered to a local frield office and my husband is still overseas as well. Transfer notice stated I would receive an interview date. Just curious.

Sorry for forgot to mention that usually I-130 get approved without interviews if the spouse is overseas. My case has taken an unsual route than most.

Thanks Pushbrk.

To Wendy,

Well I need to know details about your case first. Were u born in US or ? Been married before ? What I heard is that they are transferring some case cause service centers are busy or there might be other flags on case. Like in mine I remarried within 5 years after I got greencard.

Edited by universe.0123

Timeline

Thanks Pushbrk.

To Wendy,

Well I need to know details about your case first. Were u born in US or ? Been married before ? What I heard is that they are transferring some case cause service centers are busy or there might be other flags on case. Like in mine I remarried within 5 years after I got greencard.

Ok sure. I was born in Honduras, came here when I was 4 yrs old with a green card. Became a US citizen after I was 18yrs old, 2003. Was married before, divorced and 1 child w ex-husband. Met my hubby in 6/2008 and got married on 1/2010. Filed I-130 February and March I129F. Still waiting for NOA2 and interview date at Local Feild Office.

Ok sure. I was born in Honduras, came here when I was 4 yrs old with a green card. Became a US citizen after I was 18yrs old, 2003. Was married before, divorced and 1 child w ex-husband. Met my hubby in 6/2008 and got married on 1/2010. Filed I-130 February and March I129F. Still waiting for NOA2 and interview date at Local Feild Office.

Dont see any flags there. You been here all life. May be because you were married before, def if you were married to someone who wasnt citizen or green card holder. They wann make sure your previous marriage was bonafied, did your x received a green card through you ?

Timeline

Dont see any flags there. You been here all life. May be because you were married before, def if you were married to someone who wasnt citizen or green card holder. They wann make sure your previous marriage was bonafied, did your x received a green card through you ?

No my ex-husband is a born US citizen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.