8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Im going to file for Adjustment of Status for K1 and K3 Visa Holders because my husband is us citizen and I'm trying to fill the form I-131 at the same time with the form I-485 but I have a lot of doubts I don't know what is my application type? I'm going to apply being inside the us

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Im going to file for Adjustment of Status for K1 and K3 Visa Holders because my husband is us citizen and I'm trying to fill the form I-131 at the same time with the form I-485 but I have a lot of doubts I don't know what is my application type? I'm going to apply being inside the us

A K3 visa holder doesn't need form I-131 as the K3 visa allows multiple entries. Do you have a specific question regarding a K1 visa holder?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

A K3 visa holder doesn't need form I-131 as the K3 visa allows multiple entries. Do you have a specific question regarding a K1 visa holder?

I'm going to apply for k3 and I have my visa but when I send the forms i'm not gonna be able to travel to mexico that's why I need to fill in this form and when I went to the consulate they told me to fill the form and submitted with the others so I can travel to mexico while all the papers are in process, but is difficult to fill in the form because I dont know what is my application type I'm not a us resident, a refugee or asylee status and I don't understand to much what is advance parole

The OP has a tourist visa, and as far as I understand, is outside the US and is trying to enter on it with the intent to immigrate. Op has been told this is illegal. Discussed here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/281957-i485-adjustment-of-status/page__p__4279777#entry4279777

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

I'm going to apply for k3 and I have my visa but when I send the forms i'm not gonna be able to travel to mexico that's why I need to fill in this form and when I went to the consulate they told me to fill the form and submitted with the others so I can travel to mexico while all the papers are in process, but is difficult to fill in the form because I dont know what is my application type I'm not a us resident, a refugee or asylee status and I don't understand to much what is advance parole

Sounds like you are the US Citizen. If so, you need no I-131 either. The K3 visa is no longer available. You'll be petitioning for your spouse using an I-130, not I-131. Start by clicking on the word "Guides" at the top of any page here. Ignore K3. It's dead.

You need a US passport to visit Mexico.

Scenario II, is that you are the foreigner. Please provide details of who is who and what you are trying to do. If you are the foreigner, did you enter the US legally or illegally?

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

The OP has a tourist visa, and as far as I understand, is outside the US and is trying to enter on it with the intent to immigrate. Op has been told this is illegal. Discussed here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/281957-i485-adjustment-of-status/page__p__4279777#entry4279777

I already ask to a lawyer and is not 100% illegal because I'm going to enter legally to the us, if its illegal why do you have to guides where it says spouse inside the us? I know it has a warning sign, but is more than a risk

A friend already is resident and he file the forms while he was inside the us and everything was ok, otherwise why a the consular employer gave me that advise??

If I file all the forms at the same time being in the us it will take 3 to 6 months and if I"m outside it will take more than one year and I would have to go to mexico city for the final interview, again this is from a friend who is resident and he went to mexico and spent 3 days doing a lot a paperwork in mexico city.

Timeline

I already ask to a lawyer and is not 100% illegal because I'm going to enter legally to the us, if its illegal why do you have to guides where it says spouse inside the us? I know it has a warning sign, but is more than a risk

A friend already is resident and he file the forms while he was inside the us and everything was ok, otherwise why a the consular employer gave me that advise??

If I file all the forms at the same time being in the us it will take 3 to 6 months and if I"m outside it will take more than one year and I would have to go to mexico city for the final interview, again this is from a friend who is resident and he went to mexico and spent 3 days doing a lot a paperwork in mexico city.

You are confused about a number of things. What you intend to do may or may not be successful but IS illegal because your intent at entry will be to circumvent US immigration law. If you were already here and changed your plans, it would be a different story.

Family based immigrant interviews for Mexican citizens are in Juarez, not Mexico City.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

** moved from "K3 Process & Procedures" to "Working & Traveling" as this is relating to AP **

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.