leigh

UK Embassy contact details

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just rang the contact number for London Embassy enquiries (for UK is 09042 45100). They answered straight away (seems like Saturday mornings are a good time to call - no waiting or annoying background music!) and a very helpful young man advised me that our petition was received by the Embassy on 20 October, although I haven't heard from them yet, and he gave me my Case ID, which I'd been waiting for. He was also able to tell me that, although I moved address in September and notified USCIS and got an acknowledgement, my address details were not updated on the file. He gave me the code for emailing an enquiry - I don't know how long it's valid, but for today it is:

CIU749PR

This may be helpful to anyone who wants to contact them today. You MUST enter the code into the subject line of your email, and then give your name, date of birth and Case ID in the body of the email. It may take a couple of days for them to respond.

The young man, named Paul, advised me that this part of the process is the most unpredictable, timewise, so if you're at the same point as me, don't worry if it's been a while. Apparently it depends on how many applications are pending and how fast they are able to deal with them. It might be worthwhile phoning if you're still waiting for your Case ID number.

Regards,

Leigh

Edited by leigh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.