tiffmal

Has anyone ever thought about how selfish Christianity is?

111 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wish I had an Aunt Millie. :(

Yeah, me too. :)

But we've got something better - a [the!] Jesus Christ! Immortality and salvation! Yay! :D

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

"Conditional Immortality", "Conditionalism", or "Annihilationism" is not currently a popular doctrine in any major Christian denomination, but seems to have been the default assumption in First Temple Judaism.

This makes sense in a broad overview of Judaism/Christianity because first century Pharisees most likely would concede that 'God dwelt amongst man' whereas first century Christians would concede that Christ had breathed the Holy Spirit upon mankind, thus God then 'Dwelt within man'. Big difference...

I haven't read much, admittedly, on the Pharisees belief in the afterlife though (which the Saducees denied). I think that would be an interesting read...I'll have to hit your links to read up :thumbs:

Edited by BishopM

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

Timeline

Wow, so because some dude says he is God, that makes it true?

Ok then.

I am God. :P

...hmmmmm...blezzed = yes, but :no: on God

:rofl:

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Jesus came back from the dead to prove His point. He also did things like Matthew 9:2-8

2(And they brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralytic, "Take courage, son; your sins are forgiven."

3And some of the scribes said to themselves, "This fellow blasphemes."

4And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, "Why are you thinking evil in your hearts?

5"Which is easier, to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up, and walk'?

6"But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins"--then He said to the paralytic, "Get up, pick up your bed and go home."

7And he got up and went home.

Let me know when you start doing miracles like healing people, just to make a point about bigger, even more impressive miracles that happen to be invisible.

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Christians are all about doing good deeds and helping people out. Why? So they can go to Heaven. They help others so that they themselves can get past the pearly gates.

What do you think?

There's this crack version of Buddism called Sokka Gakkai that's worse than 90% of the religions out there. You pay $23 to join, you have to buy a prayer booklet and some fuzzy prayer balls, and you chant for the prosperity of this cult leader named Ikeda and the "wisdom" you receive from this chanting leads you to make decisions that will improve your destiny in this life and in the next.

0.jpg

That garbage is next to Hare Krishna in the compost bin of world religions. :wacko:

SGI%20Pres%20Ikeda%20in%20Europe%2006.jpg

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Anyone who worships and sings praises to a pos unprovable "god" that supposedly murdered his only child needs their heads examined. Only explanation is u r brainwashed basically since birth.

Answer these questions:

Can u hear god? No

Can u see god? No

Does god answer wishes/prayers? No

Has "god", logically speaking in terms of presenting himself or evidence of himself, done anything to indicate he is out there? No

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Anyone who worships and sings praises to a pos unprovable "god" that supposedly murdered his only child needs their heads examined. Only explanation is u r brainwashed basically since birth.

Answer these questions:

Can u hear god? No

Can u see god? No

Has "god", logically speaking in terms of presenting himself or evidence of himself, done anything to indicate he is out there? No

I had a "Near Death" experience and I can comfortably say that the "predictions" I told my ex-wife turned her off of agnosticism.

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Timeline

Answer these questions:

Can u hear god? No

Can u see god? No

Fair Questions Brother. My replies below in terms relating to my experiences with God.

Can you hear God: Yes, but rarely.

Can you see God: No. Never.

Does God answer wishes/prayers: Yes

Has God done anything to indicate he is out there: Absolutely Yes.

Blessings to you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

I had a "Near Death" experience and I can comfortably say that the "predictions" I told my ex-wife turned her off of agnosticism.

What does near death experience have to do with proving gods existence? Are u implying that god swooped down from above and intervened in real time to ultimately save u from death? Lol

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

He did not do these things. You believe that he did these things. Those are not the same.

Curious...why would you say this?

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Fair Questions Brother. My replies below in terms relating to my experiences with God.

Can you hear God: Yes, but rarely.

Can you see God: No. Never.

Does God answer wishes/prayers: Yes

Has God done anything to indicate he is out there: Absolutely Yes.

Blessings to you

:thumbs:

----

I really have to bite my tongue sometimes because I am so tired of rude people saying things such as people like me need to get their head examines. It's called difference of belief. No one has all the answers of this entire universe, and if they think so, they are kidding themselves. Some people just can't get off this whole "if God exists then why does He do this and that, or doesn't do this." No matter how many times people give their own explanations for why they believe, it doesn't make the questions stop. Just move on, people believe in something you don't. You don't need to ask them why all the time.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord