Lily123

US consulate (GUZ) is asking tax forms directly from IRS!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My parents did their interview in guangzhou , china yesterday. After the interview, they were told the consulate needs the IRS to send the tax return (NOT sure it's transcript or copy of tax return, haven't seen the notice yet) directly to the consulate. This sounds rediculous! I'm the only petitioner and I included the photocopy of the past 3 years of our joint federal tax return for both my mom and my dad. why they need the tax forms to be mailed directly from IRS? I also included I864A but the interviewer didn't even ask for it.

Just checked the IRS website, requesting the copy of tax return (NOT the transcript, transcript is usually faster to request) can take up to 60 days, plus whatever time the consulate needs to check (usually 2 ~ 3 months), this is going to take forever!!

Does anyone have the same experience? Or does anyone know if the transcript is going to work?

We did our tax return ourselves, and all the numbers in teh tax form are hand written. Maybe the interviewer was having questions about those numbers? That's the only reason I can think of.

THanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Not sure but consulate might think they are not authentic! During my wife's interview, I overheard the CO telling someone that when they applied for a visa previously, they submitted fraudulent documents. It was untrue but if they think something is not right, they can request it. They also assumed that i do not earn as much as I do which through me off...

Thanks, rodceasar.

Is your wife's application still under AP?

When you originally submitted documents, did you include the tax transcripts for the last three years? Or just the photocopies of your tax forms?

This is such a pain. However, there is nothing we can do besides sending whatever they want and keeping waiting....

Good luck.

My parents did their interview in guangzhou , china yesterday. After the interview, they were told the consulate needs the IRS to send the tax return (NOT sure it's transcript or copy of tax return, haven't seen the notice yet) directly to the consulate. This sounds rediculous! I'm the only petitioner and I included the photocopy of the past 3 years of our joint federal tax return for both my mom and my dad. why they need the tax forms to be mailed directly from IRS? I also included I864A but the interviewer didn't even ask for it.

Just checked the IRS website, requesting the copy of tax return (NOT the transcript, transcript is usually faster to request) can take up to 60 days, plus whatever time the consulate needs to check (usually 2 ~ 3 months), this is going to take forever!!

Does anyone have the same experience? Or does anyone know if the transcript is going to work?

We did our tax return ourselves, and all the numbers in teh tax form are hand written. Maybe the interviewer was having questions about those numbers? That's the only reason I can think of.

THanks.

You need to fax a request form is 4506-T - form available on irs.gov - it takes around 2 weeks to receive transcripts.

Alternatively, call IRS 1-800 number and follow prompts - if you are next to a fax machine they can fax those to you.

The consulate will always want transcripts over copies of your tax return.

Edited by milimelo

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Thanks milimelo.

From what my parents told me, the consulate wants the tax return to be sent to them directly from IRS. NOT from me. Does it sound normal?

Haven't seen the blue refusal sheet yet.

Hope my parents actually misunderstood it.

Because on the consulate web, they also say the blue refusal sheet needds to be included when the extra documents are submitted.

So I need to send the blue sheet to IRS and let IRS send that sheet along with the tax transcripts to the consulate???

That doesn't sound right.

I'm really confused.....

Thanks milimelo.

From what my parents told me, the consulate wants the tax return to be sent to them directly from IRS. NOT from me. Does it sound normal?

Haven't seen the blue refusal sheet yet.

Hope my parents actually misunderstood it.

Because on the consulate web, they also say the blue refusal sheet needds to be included when the extra documents are submitted.

So I need to send the blue sheet to IRS and let IRS send that sheet along with the tax transcripts to the consulate???

That doesn't sound right.

I'm really confused.....

I've seen that done for other business, but not yet for consulates - this would be a first - you CAN indicate on the 4506T form if it is to be mailed to someone else - I'd have them send a copy to you and a copy to consulate so you'd fill out the form twice. Section 5 of the form (I provided the link here) is for mailing to third parties.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506tez.pdf

Maybe parents misunderstood - consulate will accept the IRS transcripts - they come in a sealed envelope with IRS logo on it. IRS will not take your blue sheet and forward it with the transcripts - they don't do that.

The way I'd handle this:

1. request transcripts to be sent to Consulate

2. Request transcripts to be sent to you - forward the transcripts to parents and instruct them to mail it with the blue sheet to the consulate.

Best of luck and I hope your parents are with you soon!

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.