Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  


3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada

I expect to p.o.e. Dec 1 and to marry Dec 18th in US. After marrying, next step would be to file for aos, right? Think I got that much straight...now is when it gets cloudy however! I am opening an unemployment claim before I leave Canada...and when i marry i will fax them a copy of my marriage certificate...now....having said that...i believe i have to wait until i get my ead and ssn before i can start getting any money from my ei, as i wont be ready willing and able to work until then...anybody chime in...! Do i need both my ssn and ead? Any Canadians been thru this process???


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada

Yes...you will need to fax EI both your SSN and EAD card. My EAD card is in production so just waiting. I had to file my EI right away when I left Canada. I have lost 12 weeks of EI just waiting.

Your EI is not banked. They can backdate your EI if when you get your EAD card its effective date corresponds with weeks you already sent in and they processed an EI card.

Even though you don't have your EAD card yet, you should still send in your cards even though your not getting any money. This keeps your account active. They don't treat your file the same until you get your EAD - meaning, they are slow in processing your EI cards, etc. This is OK. Once you get your information and fax everything, all will be fine. You could also not send in your cards and your EI claim will be suspended and once you get your EAD it can be reopened which, from what I was told, wouldn't take long. I don't do this, I waste a stamp and send the card to keep it active.

Removal of Conditions

10.15.2012 ROC package sent to California Service Center

10.18.2012 Package received

10.19.2012 Check cashed (it never ceases to amaze me how fast the gov't cashes a check!!)

10.29.2012 NOA received dated 10.18.2012

10.29.2012 Biometrics appt received

11.14.2012 Biometrics

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...