tru_loves_journey

How Long Are Co Sponsor Papers Valid?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi, If a co-sponsor signs and dates all his paper work in November 2010 will all still be valid in March 2011 when ready for interview? (sample date)... Thanks In Advance :)

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iceland
Timeline

Hi, If a co-sponsor signs and dates all his paper work in November 2010 will all still be valid in March 2011 when ready for interview? (sample date)... Thanks In Advance :)

Yes, they are valid until the Permanent Resident (which a K-1 isn't yet) has been working for 40 quarters, which means minimum 10 years, or until he becomes a US citizen, which is a minimum of 3 years as a PR if you remain married to the person you are not engaged to for that time after receiving your PR status.

--

See my Profile -> Signature&Story -> Story for further timeline info.

I-131 AP - Status: Completed (Expires Nov. 2008)

2007-September-18 - Mailed to Chicago

2007-November-16 - Application Approved

I-485 AOS - Status: Completed

2007-September-20 - Delivered in Chicago

2007-September-25 - Date of NOA1 for Application

MORE DETAILED TIMELINE INFO MY PROFILE UNDER "SIGNATURE & STORY"

2008-January-31 - Green Card Production Ordered

2008-February-01 - Welcome Notice Mailed

I-765 EAD - Status: Completed (Expires Nov. 2008)

2007-November-20 - Application Approved

It would be better if you secure the co-sponsor's information as the interview gets closer so your fiancee is holding the most current information about the co-sponsor's finances...just to avoid having the Embassy request for additional information. That's a 4 month discrepancy between the time the co-sponsor are planning to sign the affidavit of support and when your interview is anticipated.

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Possibly. 4 months is a long time though so to save yourself possible issues in the future (i.e. come interview time), I would have them re-sent.

Yes, they are valid until the Permanent Resident (which a K-1 isn't yet) has been working for 40 quarters, which means minimum 10 years, or until he becomes a US citizen, which is a minimum of 3 years as a PR if you remain married to the person you are not engaged to for that time after receiving your PR status.

That wasn't the question. She was asking, basically, whether she had to get her co-sponsor to resign docs because by the time the interview came around, 4 months will have passed since the docs were signed. The documents haven't been submitted, otherwise your reply would be valid.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

Hi Kim

How are you ? How is Hany ? I hope that everything is getting better for him .

Well i would wait till he get approved .And then you can work on the Co-Sponsor .Just to make sure that the embassy will not ask him to renew it or stuff like that .

Good luck and my best wishes for you .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

Hi Kim

How are you ? How is Hany ? I hope that everything is getting better for him .

Well i would wait till he get approved .And then you can work on the Co-Sponsor .Just to make sure that the embassy will not ask him to renew it or stuff like that .

Good luck and my best wishes for you .

I tried to send this through personal message it says you are'nt accepting messages...

Hey, I'm doing fine and Hany is doing some better, it's so hard to lose your parents. I hope you and Trina are doing well. Hany wanted to ask you a few questions,he tried to call you but couldnt get you. Thanks for letting me know about cosponsor, I'm guessing the man who is helping co sponsor will finish his papers in November and i hope we will get NOA2 in November so we can move forward. Thanks Mohamed, Kim

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I tried to send this through personal message it says you are'nt accepting messages...

Hey, I'm doing fine and Hany is doing some better, it's so hard to lose your parents. I hope you and Trina are doing well. Hany wanted to ask you a few questions,he tried to call you but couldnt get you. Thanks for letting me know about cosponsor, I'm guessing the man who is helping co sponsor will finish his papers in November and i hope we will get NOA2 in November so we can move forward. Thanks Mohamed, Kim

I don't know why ?Maybe cause i have so many messages ? i will try to delete some to see if it will go through .

I will try to call him soon Insha'Allah .Feel free to ask me anything and i will do my best to help you .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.