lynJer

Aussie Citizen on K1 just married wants to go to Canada

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Can someone tell me please...ASAP???? Does anyone Know?

Ive been in the States for 2 mths now....got married just a few days ago....

We want to go to Canada for a couple of days as part of our honeymoon.....but my K1 visa says only one entry...but I didnt think I needed a visa to go to Canada...therefore....I wouldnt actually be visa ing...my way back into the USA?

So Can I go to Canada prior to adjusting my Status...????

Tar....we are looking on line for a hotel and want to leave tomorrow morning.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We want to go to Canada for a couple of days as part of our honeymoon.....but my K1 visa says only one entry...but I didnt think I needed a visa to go to Canada...therefore....I wouldnt actually be visa ing...my way back into the USA?

hi you can NOT leave once you've entered on a K-1!! You must file for Advanced Parole (AP) .....it usually takes 3-4 months for approval so i wouldn't be looking at hotels....sorry!

Also to speed things up you should file AP,EAD and AOS at the same time.

And you might want to get working on that because there's A LOT of paperwork involved and you must file within your visa expiring/ I-94

Edited by julesrose

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

nope

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your status in the USA has nothing to do with the requirements for being allowed in another country.

The answer is, yes, you can go to Canada. However, it is extremely unlikely you will be let back into the USA if you haven't received AP or a green card yet.

The bottom line is DON'T LEAVE THE USA.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.