ivancoutinho

J1 visa denial under section 214(b)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I applied for a J1 visa twice but both times i was denied a visa by the counselor officer.

The first time i went for the interview i was denied a J1 visa as the officer told me that my work program was not specified and detailed. so i contacted my employer in the US and they changed my work program.

The second time i went for the interview i was denied saying that i was not able to convince the officer that i will return back to my home country. I told the visa officer that after my training program in the US i will return back to my home country and my present employer will give me a higher post and high salary. I also told them that i am engaged and will return back to my home country to get married.

The visa officer was not convinced and i was denied a visa..Please can anyone give me a valid reason as to how to convince the officer that i will return to my home country the third time i go for a visa interview ?

Please help me out

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Topic moved from Off Topic to Student and Exchange Visitor Visas

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I applied for a J1 visa twice but both times i was denied a visa by the counselor officer.

The first time i went for the interview i was denied a J1 visa as the officer told me that my work program was not specified and detailed. so i contacted my employer in the US and they changed my work program.

The second time i went for the interview i was denied saying that i was not able to convince the officer that i will return back to my home country. I told the visa officer that after my training program in the US i will return back to my home country and my present employer will give me a higher post and high salary. I also told them that i am engaged and will return back to my home country to get married.

The visa officer was not convinced and i was denied a visa..Please can anyone give me a valid reason as to how to convince the officer that i will return to my home country the third time i go for a visa interview ?

Please help me out

They won't take your word for these type of things. Get a notarized letter from your fiancee, get a letter from your employer that they will give you a higher pay and promote you. What they really want is to SEE that you are intending on returning. This can also mean, bank statements with lots of money in them, mortgage statements. Anything that you think will help prove to them that you are leaving.

When you go for your next interview just come back on these forums and post what you are intending to bring, and I'm sure we'll be able to give you pointers.

AOS (from F-1) Timeline:

06/30/2010 - (XX) - Sent AOS package (130, 485, and 765) to Chicago lockbox per USPS express.

07/02/2010 - (00) - Received in Chicago, signed by L. Box (Clever Mr. Postman!)

07/09/2010 - (07) - All checks cashed by Uncle Sam

07/09/2010 - (07) - 3 NOAs sent out

07/12/2010 - (10) - 3 Hard copies for NOAs received by snail mail

07/12/2010 - (10) - Touched all three applications

07/14/2010 - (12) - Touched all three applications

07/22/2010 - (20) - Biometrics appointment dated

07/26/2010 - (24) - Biometrics appointment received for 08/19/2010

07/28/2010 - (26) - Successful biometrics appointment walk-in done in Phoenix, AZ (22 days prior to appointment date)

08/02/2010 - (31) - EAD Approved!!!

08/04/2010 - (33) - EAD Card production ordered

08/05/2010 - (34) - EAD Touched

08/09/2010 - (38) - EAD Approval notice sent

08/10/2010 - (39) - EAD Touched

08/11/2010 - (40) - EAD Received!!!!

09/23/2010 - (83) - Interview!!! APPROVED!!!

09/23/2010 - (83) - I-130 and I-485 Touched

09/24/2010 - (84) - I-130 and I-485 Touched

09/27/2010 - (87) - Approval notice received in snail mail (stamped 9/24/10)

They won't take your word for these type of things. Get a notarized letter from your fiancee, get a letter from your employer that they will give you a higher pay and promote you. What they really want is to SEE that you are intending on returning. This can also mean, bank statements with lots of money in them, mortgage statements. Anything that you think will help prove to them that you are leaving.

When you go for your next interview just come back on these forums and post what you are intending to bring, and I'm sure we'll be able to give you pointers.

I can show bank statements but they are not on my name..they are on my family's name (mother and father) how do i explain that to the officer......Also i do not have any mortgage statements which are again on my parents name..How do i explain that too ? If you can help me in these two matters i can do something.........

This time during my interview i am planning to tell the officer that i am intending to return to my country to stay with my family as i do not have any relatives or family members in USA..Also i have a younger sister who is in the 8th Grade and by getting a better job after returning back i can help her with her education..........I hope this is a valid answer..If not please tell me whehter i should modify or what kind of evidence can be shown for it......

As i joined my employer a few months back i am not sure they will be ready to give me a letter stating that they will promote me when i return......

Please help me out

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I can show bank statements but they are not on my name..they are on my family's name (mother and father) how do i explain that to the officer......Also i do not have any mortgage statements which are again on my parents name..How do i explain that too ? If you can help me in these two matters i can do something.........

This time during my interview i am planning to tell the officer that i am intending to return to my country to stay with my family as i do not have any relatives or family members in USA..Also i have a younger sister who is in the 8th Grade and by getting a better job after returning back i can help her with her education..........I hope this is a valid answer..If not please tell me whehter i should modify or what kind of evidence can be shown for it......

As i joined my employer a few months back i am not sure they will be ready to give me a letter stating that they will promote me when i return......

Please help me out

We are talking about YOUR bank statement, YOUR mortgage etc etc. Not somebody else's.

You stated that your employer will promote you on your return, if they said that why would they not provide you with a suitable letter?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

My current employer is not willing to give me a written letter. I do not know for what reason. But last week i gave another interview in a company and they were pretty impressed...I told them about my training in USA and they told me that they are willing to give me high post job when i return along with a written letter as a proof which i can show at the counsulate...Do you think this will work to convice the officer that i will return to my home country after my training in the USA ?

Timeline

If it was a well know company, maybe.

Which country are you from?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I am from India.

I am single and this was a question asked to me the last time. How do i tackle this question ?

apart from this letter from my employer to give me a higher post after returning back i am planning to tell about my family. I do not have any family members in USA and my whole family is in india so i wish to come back and stay with them. how will this sound

Timeline

Who is funding your stay, just wondering if it might be something they could follow up.

I will be working in the USA for 40 hrs a week and will be paid for that..so my stay in the USA will be taken care of with this pay of mine...

What kind of a notary letter can i get from my fiancee..what should be written in that.. I mean can you give me a format or something..

I was able to get a letter from a company stating that they will give me an employment of higher post once i return back to my home country

I will be getting a notarized letter from my fiancee. But i do not know what all should be mentioned in that notarized letter . Can someone help me what all to include in the letter.

What proof can i show that i want to return back to my family and stay with them as i do not have any relative in the USA. do i need to show some written proof for this ?

Please help me

• 2 weeks later...

I got a letter from my fiancee saying that he is ready to marry me after i return from the USA. Also i go an offer letter from another company saying that they will give me a high post after returning back. Should these two written letter be good enough to convince the visa officer ?

Timeline

It sounds like you are trying toooooo hard.

Just put your best case forward and see. Have a back up plan if you do not get a visa. Plenty of other opportunities in the world.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.