Altiman14

K-1 Fiance Visa

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ok so going to Ukraine really wont speed up or help the situation dramatically and doesnt seem that much better of an option... I am almost done with the K-1 Fiance visa forms and almost ready to send them out. As the child goes... I shouldnt say anything about her being pregnant with my child and basically kind of hide it? I would think that would help the cause a great amount. When that child is born I can have it come to America right away correct or at least within a few months???? As far as DHS properly collecting her information on leaving the states she said they didnt stamp her deported or anything, she just gave them the ticket and simply got on the plane but she did overstay almost a year maybe even a little more. I am sure she will get denied the K-1 so I am going to start doing research on the waiver process and start getting that packet together and ready. I JUST WANT MY OLGA BACK AND THIS WHOLE PROCESS IS CONFUSING AND SO MUCH STUFF TO PREPARE AND THINK ABOUT!! I always thought you could just go to a country as a US Citizen and marry whoever and they could come back and I never and I know she never thought an overstay would be this dramatic even when she really didnt harm the country or violate any laws or abuse anything. I am so sorry if I ask the same things numerous times I am just overwhelmed and so confused. I am expecting a baby boy and I dont know if I will get to see his first year or 2 and I was expecting to marry my girlfriend of 3 and a half years next may and that just doesnt seem realistic anymore.... I am just scared of how long this will actually take and I get hope some days it will be a short smooth process and others I read something different and it seems like I wont see both of them for years, its bad enough I wont see my own baby be born. Thanks everyone I'm just venting a little to people who understand, sorry

You obviously had some misconceptions aboout immigration to the US, though for the most part the US is fairly easy going about bringing fiancees (VERY few countries allow that) and not at all bad about bringing spouses (alomost all countries allow you to being a spouse, some easier than the US does) but nothing is automatic. And yes, the overstay complicates things and NO they didn't say anything when she left because...why? She was LEAVING. That was the idea! she was baorading a plane to LEAVE, what would they say "Wait...you overstayed your visa, you have to leave!"

You do not have to hide that she is pregnant, but if you file the I-129f now you do not have to mention it either, there is, in fact, no place TO mention it. The pregnancy makes no difference good or bad.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ok so the baby will be able to come to the US with little to no problems correct? and yes we are just filing a normal K-1 and should have that done shortly and in the meantime I am going to have the waiver started and ready to send out. How long do you think it will actually take? I am a US citenzen and have been my entire life so I dont see why it would be complicated.. The hard part should be getting her here

Edited by Altiman14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.