desigirl

DCF from India

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!!

A very smooth and quick DCF process...almost at the end of it now. I've been given an appointment for interview in a few days from now. If any of u guys need any suggestions on DCF from India...plz ask. And people who have already been through this...I would like to know your suggestions for the interview especially those of you who had their interview in Chennai.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hi..i am also going through DCF.I just went to Mumbai Consulate before 4 days and i have picked up paket-3 from Public Information Window and submitted at the same time paket-3(DS 230 part-1,DS-2001 adn checklist).And that officer have given me my Paket-4 and Interview Letter. As there is too much rush of immigrant applicants in Mumbai,so i got Nov-15.Actually i supposed earlier date.but bad luck. So desigirl,as ur consulate is chennai so may be u will get earlier date than me!!!

And PLZ PLZ post ur timeline under DCF option.Currently in DCF section timeline, i m the only member in VJ.

IR-5 for Parents

02-28-14 -> I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.
03-03-14 -> USCIS received. (Priority Date)
03-09-14 -> NOA1 received.
06-04-14 -> NOA2 received. Approved.
06-18-14 -> NVC Received case.
07-03-14 -> NVC Assigned Case#(Got Case# & IIN Over the Phone).
07-22-14 -> DS-261 Completed.
07-25-14 -> AOS fee Payment.
07-29-14 -> AOS fee shows PAID.
07-30-14 -> AOS Package Sent.
07-31-14 -> AOS Package delivered.
09-15-14 -> IV fee Payment.

09-17-14 -> IV fee Shows PAID.

09-18-14 -> IV Package Sent.
09-20-14 -> IV Package Delivered.

10-20-14 -> Case Complete.

10-28-14 -> Case Complete Email Received.

Hi nilesh, i have not received my interview letter yet by post. i tried to contact them by email and they have sent it to me by email only. they said it can be used as the interview letter in case the mail does not reach me. but i still hope i get the regular mail. lets see. i did not get any packet 3. its only packet 4 directly which needs to be downloaded from their website US Consulate-Chennai-packet4 I have to take all these documents for the interview.

Can you please elaborate on what all documents and forms you have been asked to submit with packet 4? I just want to check if i have all of them.

I shall write the timeline very soon. All the best for your petition. I shall let u know how my interview went once its over.

Timeline

Hi...so you didn't submitted paket-3(DS-2001,DS-230 and checklist) to any consulate??? Are you sure??? Without submitting it,nobody can get the visa interview date. If u have really got Interview Letter in E-mail ,then its fine ,dont worry about the physical mail. Just print it from ur inbox and use it. As in my case i have personally received my paket-4 and interview letter from Public window in mumbai consulate. Its the same thing.And also let me know how u did this without submitting paket-3???

You need the following docs :

(Following will be from Bebeficiary)

1. Valid Passport.

2. Birth certificate.

3. Marriage certificate.

4. Divorce certifcate.(if applicable)

5. Police verification certificate.

6. Passport Clearacne certificate.

7. 2 photocopies of Passport.

8. 2 photocopies of Visa Interview Letter.

9. Old passport's photocopies.(if applicable)

10. 2 Photographs (50*50 with white background).

11. Medical Examination envelope

12. Court and prison records.(if applicable)

(Following will be from Petitioner)

1. I-864

2. I-864A

3. Job letter

4. Bank statement of last 6 month

5. Last 3 years returns of 1040

6. Last 3 years retyrns of W2

7. Photocopies of last 3 years from IRS

8. Photocopies of Passport

9. citizen certificate or Photocopy of Green card

10.And any other financial documents required. (see poverty limits)

IR-5 for Parents

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I have a question about the DCF Filing Process,

Were you a US Citizen?

Did you have to prove residency in India for a DCF?

How long does it take after you file at the consulate for a visa to be granted to spouse?

I want to do this process but wanted to know if they check for residency and if so how long you need to stay to get the residency permit?

Any other details you have on the process would help as well?

Timeline

Hi,

I have a question about the DCF Filing Process, Were you a US Citizen?

--> To Do DCF from New Delhi,India the petitioner must be married and must be US citizen.

Did you have to prove residency in India for a DCF?

-->You need 3 month residency. After that u can go for DCF process in Delhi.

How long does it take after you file at the consulate for a visa to be granted to spouse?

--> It takes around 3 months after you file DCF in New delhi.

I want to do this process but wanted to know if they check for residency and if so how long you need to stay to get the residency permit?

Any other details you have on the process would help as well?

NOTE:- For residency you need to get FRRO .But as i said they dont ask for FRRO at new delhi. But its wise to get it. One more important thing sometimes they dont accept applications and sometimes they do. So i suggest you u read this whole thread to get that idea.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/274781-why-u-guyz-do-ir-1cr-1-instead-of-dcf-in-ur-home-country/page__st__15__p__4194982__fromsearch__1#entry4194982

So it be better u contact new delhi embassy and make sure they will accept ur petition or not?? And what are the requirements and all.And also i wolud like to suggest you 1 more thing. PLZ do some more search here in VJ by "DCF INDIA" ,"NEW DELHI DCF" . You will get all helpful info. Still if u have more que, u can ask here.

Also read this ,http://www.visajourney.com/content/dcf

IR-5 for Parents

• 7 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Could you share what documents you have submitted to prove residency requirements for filing DCF?

Appreciate your response.

If you are in India (assuming you are the US citizen petitioner) on a PIO/visa for more than 6 months, you should have a Registration certificate issued by your FRRO (Foreigner's regional registration office), this should be proof enough. If you are on OCI, you don't need to register, so you will need utility bills, employment letter or payslips, rental agreement/receipts etc. I have always thought that residency requirement for Consular filing is 180 days, but there are people who have done this with 90 days. I believe it's more at the discretion of the officer at the Embassy.

Started with our son's CRBA application. Seeing how smoothly it went, we felt encouraged to start my wife's IV application process. There were multiple complications, I was working with a company in India. Did not exactly meet domicile requirements, since I did not own or lease a house in the US. My only US income to show was a savings bank account and a 401k account.

I-130

4/27/11 Appointment and submission of I-130 for wife at New Delhi Embassy, India. Request to forward case to Chennai consulate, India

5/16/11 Packet-4 recieved, interview scheduled for 6/14/11. Panic sets in, No Police Clearance yet, request to reschedule.

6/02/11 Receive reschedule letter by email. Interivew rescheduled to 7/21/11

7/09/11 Finally receive Police clearance in India after a lot of running about.

7/11/11 Phew! Received a job offer, just in time. That took care of my domicile and income requirement

7/18/11 Medical appointment at Apollo hospital Chennai. Really tense affair, the doctor was so rude and uptight that she made any Immigration officer in the US look like an angel.

7/21/11 Interview at Chennai consulate. After a couple of tense hours and an intimidating interview, asked to pay visa fees and submit passport.

CR-1

8/22/11 Entered USA with CR wife and our toddler son in tow, port of entry ORD. Wife handed CBP officer the IV packet and received I-551 stamp

ROC

5/29/13 Sent ROC application for wife to CSC

6/06/13 Check cashed

6/07/13 Received NOA1, dated 6/03/13

6/12/13 Received Biometric appointment, dated 6/28/13

10/07/13 Approval notice received, approved on 10/03/13 (approx 4.5 mths from filing)

Hi MNEleventhirty(!!),

Yes, I am US Citizen currently in India on OCI. I understand that I dont have to register with FRRO if I have OCI, but I am thinking of registering anyway to get residential permit so that I can have it as one of the supporting documents. I read in one of the posts about someone going with OCI and got denied.

I have got the following response from New Delhi embassy and it clearly states that "lenght of stay is not the criteria to prove the residency requirements".

Did you submit just residence permit issued by Govt of India as proof or residency or did u also include other supporting documents like utility bills, bank statement, rent/lease, payslips in india ?

------------------------------------------

The USCIS at the U.S. Embassy in New Delhi accepts I-130 petitions from U.S. citizens who reside in India. Physical presence is must for the U.S. Citizen and the beneficiary for filing the petition. The length of stay is not the criteria to prove the residency requirements. The U.S. citizens whose principal residence is not in India, and/or are abroad temporarily as a visitor or on business, must file the petition in the United States. If the U.S. citizen is not eligible to file in New Delhi, he/she should file the petition with the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service Center having jurisdiction over their place of residence or last residence in the United States.

You may provide evidence and supporting documentation to meet the criteria. An assessment of eligibility to file in New Delhi will be made after the required evidence and supporting documentation is reviewed.

Evidence of Residence

As per 8 CFR (33), the term "residence" means the place of general abode; the place

of general abode of a person means his principal, actual dwelling place in fact, without

regard to intent.

Proof of such residency will include a U.S. passport with an appropriate long-term, valid

Indian visa and a Registration Report and Residential Permit issued by the Foreigner's

Regional Registration Office (FRRO) of the Government of India. Additional evidence

should include, but is not limited to, on-going employment in India, taxes paid in India,

rent/property receipts, and utility receipts in India.

Under no circumstances a petition can be filed with a foreign office of the Service or

at an American consular post solely for the purpose of obtaining prompt action on a

petition.

Effective June 1, 2006, U.S. citizens who wish to file an I-130 (Petition for Alien

Relative) for their immediate relatives must provide evidence that they are residents of

India. Proof of such residency will include a U.S. passport with an appropriate long-

term, valid Indian visa and a Registration Report and Residential Permit issued by the

Foreigner’s Regional Registration Office (FRRO) of the Government of India. Additional

evidence should include, but is not limited to, on-going employment in India, taxes paid

in India, rent/property receipts, and utility receipts in India.

---------------------------------------------

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi MNEleventhirty(!!),

Yes, I am US Citizen currently in India on OCI. I understand that I dont have to register with FRRO if I have OCI, but I am thinking of registering anyway to get residential permit so that I can have it as one of the supporting documents. I read in one of the posts about someone going with OCI and got denied.

I have got the following response from New Delhi embassy and it clearly states that "lenght of stay is not the criteria to prove the residency requirements".

Did you submit just residence permit issued by Govt of India as proof or residency or did u also include other supporting documents like utility bills, bank statement, rent/lease, payslips in india ?

------------------------------------------

The USCIS at the U.S. Embassy in New Delhi accepts I-130 petitions from U.S. citizens who reside in India. Physical presence is must for the U.S. Citizen and the beneficiary for filing the petition. The length of stay is not the criteria to prove the residency requirements. The U.S. citizens whose principal residence is not in India, and/or are abroad temporarily as a visitor or on business, must file the petition in the United States. If the U.S. citizen is not eligible to file in New Delhi, he/she should file the petition with the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service Center having jurisdiction over their place of residence or last residence in the United States.

You may provide evidence and supporting documentation to meet the criteria. An assessment of eligibility to file in New Delhi will be made after the required evidence and supporting documentation is reviewed.

Evidence of Residence

As per 8 CFR (33), the term "residence" means the place of general abode; the place

of general abode of a person means his principal, actual dwelling place in fact, without

regard to intent.

Proof of such residency will include a U.S. passport with an appropriate long-term, valid

Indian visa and a Registration Report and Residential Permit issued by the Foreigner's

Regional Registration Office (FRRO) of the Government of India. Additional evidence

should include, but is not limited to, on-going employment in India, taxes paid in India,

rent/property receipts, and utility receipts in India.

Under no circumstances a petition can be filed with a foreign office of the Service or

at an American consular post solely for the purpose of obtaining prompt action on a

petition.

Effective June 1, 2006, U.S. citizens who wish to file an I-130 (Petition for Alien

Relative) for their immediate relatives must provide evidence that they are residents of

India. Proof of such residency will include a U.S. passport with an appropriate long-

term, valid Indian visa and a Registration Report and Residential Permit issued by the

Foreigner’s Regional Registration Office (FRRO) of the Government of India. Additional

evidence should include, but is not limited to, on-going employment in India, taxes paid

in India, rent/property receipts, and utility receipts in India.

---------------------------------------------

Aztek, since you have an OCI, the FRRO will not issue you a residence permit (more work for them, they will say that is why you have an OCI card). I am on PIO, so I had to have a residence permit to stay beyond 6 months. For proof, I had more than enough proof from Dec 2009: payslips, employment letter, phone and electricity bills, basically the whole deal. There was no way they could refuse. But what worked like a charm for filing I-130 via DCF, is working against my wife's CR-1 interview, my lack of US domicile.

Started with our son's CRBA application. Seeing how smoothly it went, we felt encouraged to start my wife's IV application process. There were multiple complications, I was working with a company in India. Did not exactly meet domicile requirements, since I did not own or lease a house in the US. My only US income to show was a savings bank account and a 401k account.

I-130

4/27/11 Appointment and submission of I-130 for wife at New Delhi Embassy, India. Request to forward case to Chennai consulate, India

5/16/11 Packet-4 recieved, interview scheduled for 6/14/11. Panic sets in, No Police Clearance yet, request to reschedule.

6/02/11 Receive reschedule letter by email. Interivew rescheduled to 7/21/11

7/09/11 Finally receive Police clearance in India after a lot of running about.

7/11/11 Phew! Received a job offer, just in time. That took care of my domicile and income requirement

7/18/11 Medical appointment at Apollo hospital Chennai. Really tense affair, the doctor was so rude and uptight that she made any Immigration officer in the US look like an angel.

7/21/11 Interview at Chennai consulate. After a couple of tense hours and an intimidating interview, asked to pay visa fees and submit passport.

CR-1

8/22/11 Entered USA with CR wife and our toddler son in tow, port of entry ORD. Wife handed CBP officer the IV packet and received I-551 stamp

ROC

5/29/13 Sent ROC application for wife to CSC

6/06/13 Check cashed

6/07/13 Received NOA1, dated 6/03/13

6/12/13 Received Biometric appointment, dated 6/28/13

10/07/13 Approval notice received, approved on 10/03/13 (approx 4.5 mths from filing)

• 3 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Hello Desigirl/Everyone

Could you tell me about your whole experience on DCF .

I'm a U.S. Citizen(i also hold OCI Card) ,, going to India in about 2weeks and getting engaged at the end of October and Married in Nov Last week.

Am i eligible to go through DCF process - NEW DELHI after the wedding for my HUBBY who's Indian Citizen.

if we can goahead with the process , could you tell me whats the normal procedure?

I heard from my family friends that their daughter filed for DCF at New Delhi right after the wedding in march n the interview took plce in about month and her hubby got GC with in 4-5months and they were bck to u.s. in june)

should i go to NEW DELHI Consulate..even though we've Consulate in HYD but not sure if they process DCF..??

i've inquired with my lawyer but he wanted me to apply for cr-1 visa after coming back to U.S. but hearing mixed suggestions that it will take more thn 6months/year.. but have some hope on this DCF process.

hoping to find a good solution from anyone of you..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.